What's new

TRUE Trainwreck

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
I am trying to find out what the lineage of the REAL trainwreck is and who made it. I was gifted 32 Trainwreck seeds from a REALLY old school Northern Oregon grower. He stressed to me that these were not GHS version of Trainwreck but infact the REAL DEAL! I was also given a super fat nugget of the finished product and fuck me running! I was so faded,woke up this morning and still feel it...OH BOY! Any info/pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...Keep It GreeN! :joint:

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
i believe woodhorse originated tw...billygoat would know for sure....$

U

unta

It originally was a clone out of Arcata with genetics that are kept secret I believe. Woodhorse was the first seed company to release Trainwreck is all. THis is my understanding at least. and yeah the smoke is outta this world for sure. Amazing strain.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
crazy x seeds has a version that is based on the Woodhorse seed version i believe
theres a few pack for sale right now at seedbay in private breeder section ( 2 days left)

forget about GHS knockoff version with elite clone names
its just random crosses that arjan gives a good sounding name to make the money launder spin faster

who seriously trust there money to this man/doll?
1768100_4832.JPG

but if i where to buy any of his merchandise it would have to be a pair of underpants
then when i have diarrhea i know what to do and where to send to after use
but they have to be cheap

i heard the woodhorse version has some phenoes very close to the original Arcata cut
ive got some Crazy X TRainwreck IBL in my garden as we speak ( only seedlings) but cant wait to start picking phenoes

N

NOYB

I am trying to find out what the lineage of the REAL trainwreck is and who made it. I was gifted 32 Trainwreck seeds from a REALLY old school Northern Oregon grower. He stressed to me that these were not GHS version of Trainwreck but infact the REAL DEAL!
TRUE Trainwreck is a clone only so those are not REAL DEAL! Believe there are actually 2 cuts...Arcata and E-32??? Woodhorse's Trainwreck is based on a clone only cut. I had some of both their 'regular' and 'giant' version. A buddy was growing one of the 'giant' versions and looked beautiful and very Trainwreck leaning. Was gonna be a monster plant/yielder but LEO cleaned his farm out so never got to finish it.

The club in Arcata has a legit cut...or at least last time I checked. Was told the cut they have is legit from someone who's been in the Arcata area for like 20 years and had been holding the same cut last time I checked in with him.

N

NOYB

This thread should answer all your questions...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=45142

I grew the cut that was widely in circulation about 5 years ago. The stuff was EVERYWHERE in NorCal. Great stuff and interesting it didn't have staying power for some reason and is pretty much off the radar now. Excellent yielder that would finish early October.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
noyb-thanks for the help man. I want to plant these but would like to try to find out what kind of plant I am dealing with. I would hate to have a big ass sativa and no room for it.

N

NOYB

No problemo. If based on Trainwrek should find something pretty damn good in those beans. Peeked into that thread and found this right off...

woodhorse TW, originated from Hillbilly dreams offerin. which Tuck used a afghani across the arcata cut. theres been a few generations done at woodhorse with the line. The lastest offerin at woodhorse, is a BX back to the arcata cut. i dont know the actual history, as to what generation, how many BXs have been done and such previously. woodhorse pollens were sent, and i ran it across the arcata cut here for the lastest offerin from woodhorse.
Just checked Woodhorse/Meduser and no more straight 'Trainwreck' beans. Kind of a bummer cause thought they were gonna stabilize their 'giant' version and if they stuck with that line, and the 'regular' would be the only peeps offering a good Wreck in seed form...and no I don't think GHS's reversed stuff is good...lol.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Not a big fan of GHS trainwreck either. A friend of mine grew it out and he got alot of mutants and just all around unstable plants. 10 seeds,4 mutants,3 hermi and 3 females. One female went hermi and the other 2 had a combined yield of 3 oz. Not much from 2 plants IMO

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man those could be some nice seeds ya got

I am personally after a trainwreck of some sort. I know better than to go for GHS, just something I have always wanted to grow out. Although, I think it to be wise to wait for Head to come out with another release...I think this is probably the most respected breeder currently working this line...?

How are your Grom projects coming along?

dank.Frank

Z

Zoolander

Coming along good Frank and I'm thinking about another week but will give them as long as they need and thanx for asking bro

H

Hazeseeker

Man those could be some nice seeds ya got

i'll 2nd that:yes:, pop them seeds man, last time i read about Trainwreck it made the growers mates go on a whitey it's that strong, must be some great smoke;joint:

peace

X

xinsanewickedx

a few years ago my cuz give me an 8th or so of the tw.it was from a med shop in the bay area,but it was bomb.i would love to add that to my garden

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
I am one impatient fucker. I have to wait at least 1 month before I can start them(no room at the moment)but I figure I will put 15/32 down for germ. See what pops up. I hate waiting for time to pass. Thinking about just putting a couple down right now. Patience is something that should not exist. We should be able to flower plants in 24 hours and smoke them soon as manicured....but that would be in a perfect world!

N

NOYB

Although, I think it to be wise to wait for Head to come out with another release...I think this is probably the most respected breeder currently working this line...?
The person that created Oriental Express (Trainwreck x Purple Thai) is back at it making more of them beans :D

montehierba

SPY ROCK

SPY ROCK

:joint:FUNNY ALL THESE "BREEDERS" ARE NOW HOOKED ON TRAINWRECK AND ARE CLAIMING NEW STRAIN TWENTY SOME YEARS LATER.
FINALLY TOM HILL BROUGHT IT TO ANOTHER "LABEL" AND GAVE THE WORLD THE REAL DEAL. WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD ALL ASK SPY ROCK FOR THE ABSOLUTE TWENTY SOME YEAR OLD TRAINWRECK PLANT:noway: IN MENDOCINO.

Latest posts

Latest posts