What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

thailer

if TT is doing it, couldn't others be doing the same? anyone develop a good DIY liquefy of pure terpenes so one could just make their own? most that i see are using PG, etc. or i could be looking in the wrong spot. Shouldn't any isolated terpene liquefy concentrates?

pinkus

Veteran
if TT is doing it, couldn't others be doing the same? anyone develop a good DIY liquefy of pure terpenes so one could just make their own? most that i see are using PG, etc. or i could be looking in the wrong spot. Shouldn't any isolated terpene liquefy concentrates?
sesquiterpenes are longer chain terpenes that are (mostly) odorless. Those are the terpenes used for thinning oils.

Monoterpenes are the flavorful terps used for flavor and odor.

PG and VG are WAY inferior in my experience. In fact, I won't even mess with those. They give great clouds that don't carry much of the goods. And they mess with my old lungs.

TrueTerpenes

We are thoroughly investigating this issue.

We are thoroughly investigating this issue.

Hello everyone,

We are still investigating this issue. This is a multi step process on our end to insure our due diligence.

We are re-auditing our suppliers, confirming with the 3rd party labs that their equipment is calibrated because our first round of investigation yielded nothing but what we expected. What we expected is pure product that we have aways stood behind. Being an FDA approved food facility means we already go through these audits regularly to ensure quality and safety.

There are many companies who benefit from us getting bad press and we are doing everything feasible to be sure that there is not something that was overlooked.

We have asked Extract Ninja to provide some proof of purchase. Surely they would have something they could send privately to us to further validate their claims? We aren’t out for revenge or any ill will, we simply cannot validate claims with no proof of what was tested.

It would also be very helpful if the specific labs information other than EOU was posted that performed the test so we can further validate and confirm how the bottles were received. All of this can be done privately if desired.

We would also like to point out and clarify some facts the testing results showing “terpenes” and “not terpenes”. Sure, those peaks are terpenes, but those cover the most volatile of the terpene family (monoterpenes, sesquiterpenes, etc.) There are over 30,000 terpenes in nature, and some are much less volatile terpenes that would not fall within that range of specific terpene peaks. We implore the public to take the claims with a grain of salt until they can be proven. Once we have the proper info to validate the reports with the labs, then we will be able to get somewhere.

Lastly, The website is down for maintenance; we are not shut down in any way, just updating some features to continue providing the best education and support for our customers and community.

These claims are taken seriously by us. Those who know us know that we would never lie about our product. Thank you for your patience, we are actively looking into all angles of this matter and performing multiple audits which takes time.

Old Gold

Here's an open offer the naysayers should love:

I am willing to pay for up to 3 GC-MS lab tests of UNOPENED Viscosity sent in to labs by ICMAG members who have at least 100 posts and have been a member for at least 1 year. That's to make sure it's not TT sending in a fake sample. They will have to promise to post the results here.

I would appreciate a picture of the bottle, it's protective plastic cover in place, and lot number visible. I didn't do this to product my identity, and if the same concern is expressed I wouldn't require the pictures from others.

Hey guys! I still know how to log in to my account! :tiphat:

I will happily play this game. I'll contact the labs and see what sample size they need. I'm in a rush and admittedly didn't read this whole thread. I haven't been active on ICMag for a couple of years...

I got nearly attacked when I asked the True Terpenes store reps how they can sell something with no information on it, not even a gaurantee that it is terpenes. I asked if they would buy food that was just labeled "FOOD" and had no nutritional information/ingredients and they basically told me to get the F out if I don't want to buy it. Meanwhile I was trying to purchase some strain-specific terpenes for a client doing infusions.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
We have asked Extract Ninja to provide some proof of purchase. Surely they would have something they could send privately to us to further validate their claims?

Lol.
I'm not sure of extract ninjas situation, but most of us don't save receipts of items from our hobby.
I try not to have any paper trail that leads back to a felony.

dnb4ever

Surely the receipt was emailed. This isn't the 90s. ExtractNinja also seems to be in the business and had purchased a lot of TT (the reason he wanted it tested), so he might even be legit.

Regardless, I wouldn't give TT anything because there's a high threat of getting doxxed and retribution. I mean, if someone was lying about poisoning people, do you think they'd care about lying about doxxing? This game is ruthless, with so many people coming from the BM, that I would definitely not want to crumble a business and then give them my address so they could come get me.

dnb4ever

ExtractNinja: you need to re-post this on reddit in the /r/cannabisextracts subreddit as it's own thread. You posted this info in a long dead thread. Reddit does not work the same as most other forum type websites in that your reply to something does not bump it to the top. Therefore, no one on reddit saw what you posted. I sent you a message about this on that platform. Let me know if you need assistance in posting this properly so more people see it (and possibly help you validate your tests).

I would certainly rebuke my statement earlier if we could get some other samples from other people to verify this is what's going on if this is actually true shame on true terpenes
That's a sign of a wise and honest man right there. I would love it if other people tested Viscosity. I don't have anything to hide, the more the merrier!

Looks like this is settling itself out, no? I was a little surprised to see TT be the ones to crumble, but not completely so.

Thank you ExtractNinja, for taking a stand and bucking the tide. :) Years ago I was the only one I knew bitching about azadirachtin/neem and CHS symptoms, so I understand where you were sitting at.

Good job! :D
Thank you! I read your posts about CHS and found them very intriguing. All it takes is someone to break the mold and others can benefit. I'm here to help by providing info, like you are, we are stronger together.

While mineral oil is really, really bad to vape, PG and other types of those chemicals are not good either. Viscosity's claim to fame was its ability to dilute without changing concentrate flavor or aroma. And it turns out mineral has no odor or taste, who knew?!

You can use terps to liquefy your concentrates, like some of those blends companies sell meant to smell like strains. But you cant use a lot of them.

sesquiterpenes are longer chain terpenes that are (mostly) odorless. Those are the terpenes used for thinning oils.

Monoterpenes are the flavorful terps used for flavor and odor.

PG and VG are WAY inferior in my experience. In fact, I won't even mess with those. They give great clouds that don't carry much of the goods. And they mess with my old lungs.
I totally agree. Theres a product out there meant for wax and its just some type of PEG. All of those things are bad to vape. But none as bad as mineral oil.

Hey guys! I still know how to log in to my account! :tiphat:

I will happily play this game if a 2 mL bottle is enough to test. I'll contact the labs and see what sample size they need. I'm in a rush and admittedly didn't read this whole thread. I haven't been active on ICMag for a couple of years...

I got nearly attacked when I asked the True Terpenes LA store reps how they can sell something with no information on it, not even a gaurantee that it is terpenes. I asked if they would buy food that was just labeled "FOOD" and had no nutritional information/ingredients and they basically told me to get the F out if I don't want to buy it. Meanwhile I was trying to purchase some strain-specific terpenes for a client doing infusions.

Cool! Thanks for the offer! 2 ml should be enough for most labs. Essential Oil University can be hard to get a hold of. I found another lab yesterday that seems really great.

Once I hit 50 posts I'll send you a message so we can get this tested. I'm happy to pay for all testing costs.

Sorry to hear about your experience with TT. They are known for terrible customer service, but that's just wow.

Surely the receipt was emailed. This isn't the 90s. ExtractNinja also seems to be in the business and had purchased a lot of TT (the reason he wanted it tested), so he might even be legit.

Regardless, I wouldn't give TT anything because there's a high threat of getting doxxed and retribution. I mean, if someone was lying about poisoning people, do you think they'd care about lying about doxxing? This game is ruthless, with so many people coming from the BM, that I would definitely not want to crumble a business and then give them my address so they could come get me.
Yup, I have all the receipts. And fear of doxxing is exactly why I don't want to share that info.

TT doesn't need anything from me other than the lot number if they are really doing an "investigation". And like you pointed out, if I ever have to prove it for some reason I can always pull out the receipts.

ExtractNinja: you need to re-post this on reddit in the /r/cannabisextracts subreddit as it's own thread. You posted this info in a long dead thread. Reddit does not work the same as most other forum type websites in that your reply to something does not bump it to the top. Therefore, no one on reddit saw what you posted. I sent you a message about this on that platform. Let me know if you need assistance in posting this properly so more people see it (and possibly help you validate your tests).
Thank you I had no idea. I'm newer to Reddit than icmag lol. I will reach out to you this evening or tomorrow on Reddit. I would really appreciate your help!

Hello everyone,

We are still investigating this issue. This is a multi step process on our end to insure our due diligence.

We are re-auditing our suppliers, confirming with the 3rd party labs that their equipment is calibrated because our first round of investigation yielded nothing but what we expected.
For such a serious accusation I'd think you would have a fire under your butt to prove me wrong. We heard NOTHING from you until I post another test. Kinda funny timing.

We have asked Extract Ninja to provide some proof of purchase. Surely they would have something they could send privately to us to further validate their claims? We aren’t out for revenge or any ill will, we simply cannot validate claims with no proof of what was tested.
Why do you keep calling me "they"?

You don't need anything from me other than lot numbers. Who purchased it doesn't matter, because a friend of mine could have bought it and just passed it over to me (as an example). Or, even if I gave you the info you want that doens't mean I didn't adulator the sample like you have accused me of (as an example). There are many ways you can use logical fallacies to avoid dealing with the facts, something you seem skilled in
wink.gif

It would also be very helpful if the specific labs information other than EOU was posted that performed the test so we can further validate and confirm how the bottles were received.
The newest (4th) lab test I'm having done will allow me to publicly share the report. Also, now that ICmag member Old Gold is going to have his Viscosity sample tested that will be another report you can use. And I'm hoping icmag member F. Dupp will also get his sample of Viscosity tested to share that report.

So, you'll have at least 2 new reports to work with soon. Each sample I sent in was unopened and has the plastic protective cover in place.

We would also like to point out and clarify some facts the testing results showing “terpenes” and “not terpenes”. Sure, those peaks are terpenes, but those cover the most volatile of the terpene family (monoterpenes, sesquiterpenes, etc.) There are over 30,000 terpenes in nature, and some are much less volatile terpenes that would not fall within that range of specific terpene peaks. We implore the public to take the claims with a grain of salt until they can be proven.
I'm sorry, but are you really telling us to "take with an gain of salt" the findings of three independent labs, one of which is run by a world-class essential oil and terpene chemist, who ALL found ZERO terps, but did find mineral oil? And instead trust a company with a lot to loose yet won't provide an ounce of proof to back up their claims, other than their word? Really? LOL, that's pretty rich.

Let me reiterate a few choice comments from the labs:
Ran the sample and took a look. No terpenes whatsoever. We want to do additional tests and look further into this before we release results. What I can say is that their claims do not appear to be correct online.

Will get back to you probably next week depending on how the additional tests go.

My gut is that you may be right, that there may be mineral oil in there. – No Squalene was found.

---

YUP! Pretty much confirmed it today. We ran a sample of mineral oil from the store against it, and the same kind of large hump appeared.

I looks like it is just mineral oil, no terpenes or anything else. Maybe something added to make a lower viscosity that is nonvolitile.

---

Report Conclusion:

Unlike the label claim, this product contains 0 Terpenes or other volitile compounds. When compared to food grade mineral oil the chromatographs match, because of this we believe this sample appears to be mineral oil.
Dr. Pappas:
The sample did not show any signs of terpenes in the mixture. The sample is a blend of some very heavy, non-volatile, odorless material, along with some mineral oil.
Once we have the proper info to validate the reports with the labs, then we will be able to get somewhere.
If you really cared that much you would have been posting a lot more to get my attention. And you would have posted an update, even it's like "Hey guys, we're still working on this". You didn't. It's obvious to any unbiased observer you were hoping we would forget.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
For such a serious accusation I'd think you would have a fire under your butt to prove me wrong. We heard NOTHING from you until I post another test. Kinda funny timing

Nine minutes after p0opstlnksal0t mentioned Instagram, TT suddenly posts. With absolutely no more information.
Even if ninja is lying for some grudge, TT has done absolutely nothing to prove to us that it's legit.

Last edited:

TrueTerpenes

Why do you keep calling me "they"?

We keep calling you they as to not assume your gender. Are you male or female? Would you like to be referred to as he or she, or remain unlabeled as one or the other?

Also, we will be making more statements soon. We are still waiting on in depth tests, and wanted to be able to reply with more information so that everyone could be satisfied. Thank you for your patience.

S

Sertaiz

poop stinks a lot. but it could be really realistic, smell enhanced fake poo, so we await the end of the saga for the photo op finish. exciting either way.

and could just use the name extractninja, it is their identity on here. any more info is too much.

Last edited: