What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

Hello Everyone,

We are currently investigating this issue. You can see how there are many possibilities due to all of the variables in this matter. This could be a ploy to get our secret recipe, this could be competition, this could be lab reports that went awry, etc.

If extract ninja is actually working to share truth and has the best interest of the community in mind, we ask that they send proof of purchase and the name of the other lab they didnt want to "out" directly to outreach@trueterpenes.com to allow us to investigate this matter to the fullest. No identifying information will be shared publically.

We cannot be sure about how this report came to be and are digging deeper to get some concrete answers. We appreciate your patience and all who have advocated for our integrity.

We will get to the bottom of this. Thank you.

It's been more than 30 days. What did you find out?

Wait, don't waste you time because I already got to the bottom of it! You sell mineral oil as terpene diluent. Period.

Stop trolling.

See my 3rd test. The lab went so far as to go to a store and buy USP grade mineral oil to test it to see if it matches Viscosity...it does!

Bye Felicia

TrueTerpenes said:
Hello Everyone,

We are currently investigating this issue. You can see how there are many possibilities due to all of the variables in this matter. This could be a ploy to get our secret recipe, this could be competition, this could be lab reports that went awry, etc.

If extract ninja is actually working to share truth and has the best interest of the community in mind, we ask that they send proof of purchase and the name of the other lab they didnt want to "out" directly to outreach@trueterpenes.com to allow us to investigate this matter to the fullest. No identifying information will be shared publically.

We cannot be sure about how this report came to be and are digging deeper to get some concrete answers. We appreciate your patience and all who have advocated for our integrity.

We will get to the bottom of this. Thank you.
Are your terpenes from cannabis?

Their product Viscoity doesn't contain any terpenes at all. And mineral oil isn't from cannabis, so, nope!

Their other products that actually have terpenes are not from cannabis.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was looking around a couple days ago on alibaba and do you know what I found?

TRUE TERPINES labeled bottles for sale!

YEP...

So now the question is...
Are TT IMPORTING Chinese terpines?
I believe they are!

MrBungle

Was it the terpene filled bottles or just empty bottles for resale?... perhaps if they are getting their bottles from china, that could be where the contamination is coming from...

if the bottles weren't cleaned before filling with terpenes.. maybe there is contamination from the manufacturing process

Was it the terpene filled bottles or just empty bottles for resale?... perhaps if they are getting their bottles from china, that could be where the contamination is coming from...

if the bottles weren't cleaned before filling with terpenes.. maybe there is contamination from the manufacturing process

The three different labs all finding that Viscisoty contains mineral oil isn't due to contamination because zero terpenes were found as well. So, unless contamination means removing all terps and replacing them with mineral oil, I don't think so.

I think the truth is as clear as the nose on our faces: TrueTerpenes says Viscosity is all terpenes, but there's really no terpernes at all, it's nearly all mineral oil.

Also, I find it very telling that TT hasn't posted any updates on their "investigation" into the findings of mineral oil and no terps. They seem to be hoping we have a short memory and we will just keep buying their poison (that's what it is, vaping mineral oil is poison).

TT doesn't care about you and I considering they are selling us mineral oil and calling it terps. As I posted before, mineral oil is toxic when vaped. TT is hurting people and they know it but they don't care! They care about getting rich!

A gallon of food grade UPS mineral oil costs $21.99. A gallon of Viscosity costs $6,000. That's a 27,185.13% mark up at for selling people poison!

picture.php

I was looking around a couple days ago on alibaba and do you know what I found?

TRUE TERPINES labeled bottles for sale!

YEP...

So now the question is...
Are TT IMPORTING Chinese terpines?
I believe they are!
I found those too. From South Africa. I think it's fraud considering they're only selling isolates and not blends. Alibaba does not allow cannabis sounding products on their platform, so most of the blends from TT couldn't be sold there.

F. Dupp said:
I do have an unopened bottle of TT Viscosity- Lot #18082419

I also have an opened bottle which I have never so much as put a syringe into. It is a larger bottle and doesnt appear to have a lot# on it.
Test it! For the love of god please test it! I can give you a list of great essential oil labs. Cost of testing ranges from $225 to $300.

If you cannot afford to test it, I could pay for the test and you send in the sample. As along as you agree to post the results here.

Let's do it!

Here's an open offer the naysayers should love:

I am willing to pay for up to 3 GC-MS lab tests of UNOPENED Viscosity sent in to labs by ICMAG members who have at least 100 posts and have been a member for at least 1 year. That's to make sure it's not TT sending in a fake sample. They will have to promise to post the results here.

I would appreciate a picture of the bottle, it's protective plastic cover in place, and lot number visible. I didn't do this to product my identity, and if the same concern is expressed I wouldn't require the pictures from others.

Here's a list of some labs to choose from, and this is not limited to the US. Feel free to choose a different lab as along as its legit, however, I would have final say:
* Essential Oil University
* Eruofins
* Aromatic Plant Research Center
* Essential Oil Analysis Foundation
* Florihana
* ABP
* etc.

When communicating with the lab make sure to ask for a compositional analysis (to identify all chromatogram peaks). Mention Viscosity is suspected of having no teprenes, and instead containing mineral oil and some heavy, non-volatile substance. Make sure they can identify mineral oil. Make sure they look for squalene and its derivatives, the types of terpenes that the grape vine says is used in Viscosity (it hasn't been found in any of the tests I've had done thus far).

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
It always seemed like something was off with viscosity because when adding .05-.1ML of it to a gram of BHO it never gave cloudy rips unless atleast one drop of actual terpenes were added. When I would try to explain why I couldnt and now I think its because it doesnt even have any terps in it at all.

It always seemed like something was off with viscosity because when adding .05-.1ML of it to some BHO it never gave cloudy rips unless atleast one drop of actual terpenes were added. When I would try to explain why I couldnt and now I think its because it doesnt even have any terps in it at all.
That makes sense to me.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
If I had to guess, they would say something like, the people on instagram keep buying our mineral oil so leave us alone!

p0opstlnksal0t

I would certainly rebuke my statement earlier if we could get some other samples from other people to verify this is what's going on if this is actually true shame on true terpenes

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Looks like this is settling itself out, no? I was a little surprised to see TT be the ones to crumble, but not completely so.

Thank you ExtractNinja, for taking a stand and bucking the tide. :) Years ago I was the only one I knew bitching about azadirachtin/neem and CHS symptoms, so I understand where you were sitting at.

Good job! :D

Latest posts

Latest posts