What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

pinkus

Veteran
Curious... do you decarb your concentrate before mixing it? Why?

Thanks

decarbed cannabinoids tend to flow. Cannabinoids in their acid states form crystals. So, decarbed I can make a stronger cart.

Sometimes I do decarb, most often I don't. I have a variable supply and some is locally grown outdoors. When i get that it tends to be pretty thoroughly decarbed. Decarbed also seems to make a darker concentrate with my current method.

When i don't decarb, i DO have to use much more of the sesquiterpenes (flavorless), however, it's quite strange to note that adding 1 ml of concentrate to .6 ml of sesquiterpenes tends to yield about 1.1 ml of the mixture :dunno:

so if you were going to "water" the carts down with sesquiterpenes, it would take a fuck ton :bandit:

gh0stm0de

If your carts arent hitting right without high levels of dilution, I very strongly suspect that you are neither dewaxing nor winterizing your product.

I have been able to mix only 3% with dewaxed shatter. Only reason i went up to 10% terp was because people liked the stronger flavor.

Also if you arent using CCELL, try em ASAP.

pinkus

Veteran
^^^ I suspect that the "genuine CCells" that I got in the past were knock-offs. I will likely try them again. I do like the Liberty v9 carts, but I have also received knock offs with those. Luckily, the v9 knockoffs work almost as well as the real deal... at least so far.

Bobby Boucher

I'm using one of those pricey bigger tanks you see nic vapers using and its been a game changer. You gotta prime it with about a whole gram of liquid but.. its the only way I've really been able to get high off the e-liquid, personally. The wick is the size of a friggin cotton ball.

Bought a few on alibaba fer ~$15 a pop. Had to grease the gaskets to get em to stop leaking, but asides from that I'm super pleased to have found a cart that actually strokes.

irishf0x

Until True Terpenes can provide a SDS that is filled appropriately with correct information then it should be considered snake oil.

F. Dupp

Veteran
I do have an unopened bottle of TT Viscosity- Lot #18082419

I also have an opened bottle which I have never so much as put a syringe into. It is a larger bottle and doesnt appear to have a lot# on it.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I like the pens that you put a dab of rosin on the coil. I have tried a bunch of the mixed carts even tried making some of my own, but I'm not sure what all the pg, vg, peg, terps not derived from cannabis, do to your lungs when you heat it and inhale it. I prefer the true taste of the cannabis plant. It may not be as convenient but at least I know what I am putting into my body...

mack 10

Veteran
I like the pens that you put a dab of rosin on the coil. I have tried a bunch of the mixed carts even tried making some of my own, but I'm not sure what all the pg, vg, peg, terps not derived from cannabis, do to your lungs when you heat it and inhale it. I prefer the true taste of the cannabis plant. It may not be as convenient but at least I know what I am putting into my body...

Well said.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
That used to be one of the reasons a lot of us started growing. :joint:

dank.Frank

I started because of the cost. $120 a q in prohibitionland.

I never even thought about clean buds.
But yeah, now that all the black market weed from legal states is pushing thru here, healthy clean bud is major thing to me.

Cleanliness, and the pure enjoyment that growing the plants give me.

I'd actually like to try to smoke less. Give Endo system a break. I smoke all the time but hardly ever catch a worthwhile buzz. It's mostly a habit instead of addiction these days....
But growing my favorite plants. .. that's 100% addicting. I can't see myself quiting growing unless of VERY unfortunate circumstances.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I started because of the cost. $120 a q in prohibitionland.

I never even thought about clean buds.

...and the pure enjoyment that growing the plants give me.

I'd actually like to try to smoke less. Give Endo system a break. I smoke all the time but hardly ever catch a worthwhile buzz. It's mostly a habit instead of addiction these days....
But growing my favorite plants. .. that's 100% addicting.

Me exactly.

I got a third QC/MS test done by a third lab on a third sample of Viscosity from a third lot of the product:

The lab found NO TERPS (yet again, for a 3rd time), but did find mineral oil and some heavy non-volatile substance (yet again, for a 3rd time). I am sending a 4th sample to a 4th lab next week. The 4th lab is ready and willing, and is allowing me to post the final report they product.

There comes a time when facts and evidence become so overwhelming that arguments against realty need to stop. How many more labs do I have to send new samples of Viscosity to before the truth is accepted? Five? Six? Seven?

To the naysayers: do the testing yourself or keep your opinion to yourself.

Here are emails and results from the 3rd lab analysis (lot # 19013009) - I'm waiting to learn if I can post the actual report:

Ran the sample and took a look. No terpenes whatsoever. We want to do additional tests and look further into this before we release results. What I can say is that their claims do not appear to be correct online.

Will get back to you probably next week depending on how the additional tests go.

My gut is that you may be right, that there may be mineral oil in there. – No Squalene was found.
YUP! Pretty much confirmed it today. We ran a sample of mineral oil from the store against it, and the same kind of large hump appeared.

I looks like it is just mineral oil, no terpenes or anything else. Maybe something added to make a lower viscosity that is nonvolitile.
Report Conclusion:

Unlike the label claim, this product contains 0 Terpenes or other volitile compounds. When compared to food grade mineral oil the chromatographs match, because of this we believe this sample appears to be mineral oil.
picture.php

I do have an unopened bottle of TT Viscosity- Lot #18082419

I also have an opened bottle which I have never so much as put a syringe into. It is a larger bottle and doesnt appear to have a lot# on it.
Test it! For the love of god please test it! I can give you a list of great essential oil labs. Cost of testing ranges from $225 to $300.

If you cannot afford to test it, I could pay for the test and you send in the sample. As along as you agree to post the results here.

Let's do it!