What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It is strange that this just died.

Something is fishy and it ain't the fish oil in Viscosity.

I smell lawyers [a stench worse than rotting fish].

thailer

yeah i suspect either reddit, ICmag or FUTURE4200 forum figured out the ip addy despite him using a VPN. how else would TT get the info?

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ummmmm, possibly on the advice of an attorney?

Slander is saying something that is untrue and causes harm.

Or maybe he received new information, that he would be embarrassed to share, given his statements to date.

EN's title to this thread wasn't proven to be true. What we proved is that it was ostensibly a mixture of longer chain Alkanes, not 100% Terpenes as stated on the label.

TT changed the label, ostensibly believing the new description better fit and would stand up to close scrutiny.

If Viscosity had been labeled as it is now, from the start, would EN have been so enraged and active in exposing it?

I certainly wouldn't have gotten involved, if he hadn't stirred up such controversy and turmoil on this thread.

On the bright side, those of us whom have been paying attention, are less likely to use a diluent like Viscosity, so the world is a wiser place. Especially if we share our thoughts freely with others.

Hee, hee, hee, also consider that not knowing who EN is, saves us from being subpoenaed as witnesses and given the choice of either lying under oath, or giving him up.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I don't see any liability at all for you (GW) or EN or anyone else. In fact, I do see a clear civil liability for True Terpenes to their customers who purchased that product under the previous label.

I see "Truth in Labeling" violation [at least] and for an enterprising young prosecutor, I would hear the potential for criminal charges against True Terpenes. If it could be proved that TT knew what they were doing when they did it, it could definitely fall under criminal statutes.

I have spent a lifetime dealing with justice and it hurts me to see an act like this go unpunished.

I suppose it's not really my job but I feel someone should step up and pick up where EN left off. He was the lawyer, proving his case. Now, where is the judge to pass sentence. Too many crimes go unpunished while people still sit in prison for possession of pot.

I weep for the future.

thailer

i don't think they can prove slander or defamation because the person making the statement has to know they're making a false statement and know it's a lie. EN obviously believed what he was saying was not false and only came out to the public after getting two tests to confirm. most he got was a cease and desist order and that means someone snitched. imho

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't see any liability at all for you (GW) or EN or anyone else. In fact, I do see a clear civil liability for True Terpenes to their customers who purchased that product under the previous label.

I see "Truth in Labeling" violation [at least] and for an enterprising young prosecutor, I would hear the potential for criminal charges against True Terpenes. If it could be proved that TT knew what they were doing when they did it, it could definitely fall under criminal statutes.

I have spent a lifetime dealing with justice and it hurts me to see an act like this go unpunished.

I suppose it's not really my job but I feel someone should step up and pick up where EN left off. He was the lawyer, proving his case. Now, where is the judge to pass sentence. Too many crimes go unpunished while people still sit in prison for possession of pot.

I weep for the future..

Having the test results turn out the way they did, arguably buffered, if not shielded GW or EN from defamation and my guess is that TT would rather calm the troubled waters, vis a vis stir them up with lawsuits.

I'm not on any of the other public media where this is/was under discussion, so am woefully ignorant of all the details, but based on what I have established, my guess is that Viscosity was at one time 100% terpenes, and they changed the formula without changing the hoopla and labeling.

As long as we are guessing, I'm guessing that the person/team making that call, was woefully ignorant of the differences between plant alkanes and alkenes.

A grievous sin for the decision maker in such a position, but understandable among the standard population.

Muddy the waters with the uncertainty of what prolong chronic exposure to unspecified 100% plant terpenes, versus long chain plant alkanes, and how hard would it be to prove malicious intent, vis a vis ignorance and carelessness?

We are also in a maturing market, which means the small guys will either grow rapidly, be gobbled up by the big guys, or go out of business.

TT's purification and certification efforts suggest they are trying to do one of the first two, and scandal serves neither purpose, so my guess is they will simply fix the problem and move on without fanfare or hoopla.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
... so my guess is they will simply fix the problem and move on without fanfare or hoopla.

I absolutely agree. And a very smart move on their part. The best thing they ever did was not get involved in the whole social media thing here and at F2400 and [I guess] Instagram [I don't do Instagram]. Some pretty smart decisions on their part.

Well, I guess it's my turn to dismiss it and move on. Not every case results in justice. I fucking know that well. LOL

Kudos to you, GW for your part.

Peace.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
yeah i suspect either reddit, ICmag or FUTURE4200 forum figured out the ip addy despite him using a VPN. how else would TT get the info?

He probably doesn't have anything more to say and has spent enough money on it, but yeah I wouldn't register at a board requiring javascript and I'd be careful what I posted if I did. Future may indeed know some things.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yes, they are. Or, at least they were. And, we have NO reason to believe they have changed anything except the label.

I would definitely NEVER buy ANYTHING from True terpenes. EVER. Once a thief and a liar, always a thief and a liar.

He probably doesn't have anything more to say and has spent enough money on it, but yeah I wouldn't register at a board requiring javascript and I'd be careful what I posted if I did. Future may indeed know some things.

If that was the case, EN wouldn't have been able to make the additional accounts like he did to circumvent our new user spam filters.

Im not very tek savvy, but the majority owner of the forum (Sidco) is fiercely anti establishment. The forum has been setup to allow and encourage as much anonymity as possible within reason. You can access it via Tor, and he strongly recommends people use a VPN to access it as well. Plus a bunch of other stuff that's over my head, but seems to get positive feedback from people there afa data security goes

Last time EN was seen on the forum was June 9th btw

Boocoodinkydow

Just received this text from unTRue Terpenes. Not sure what instigated the contact since it’s been several months since my last order.

“Hi XXXXX - This is William from True Terpenes. I wanted to check in and make sure that everything was perfect with your order! I also wanted to let you know that we released 5mL sizes on our website - these are available for our Precision Profiles, Infused Profiles, and our TERP Flavors! Please feel free to text back here or give us a call with any questions or feedback!”

To which I replied:

“Until I see a legitimate lab analysis of your Viscosity product showing what it ACTUALLY contains, I'll be doing business elsewhere. While I've never used It, in light of the apparent improprieties surrounding Viscosity I hold your entire product line as suspect. I made several purchases from your company but I've now disposed of everything I had out of fear of what it really contains!

You can take my name off of your contact list. ”