What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"true life" "im in the marijuana business" tonight on mtv

H

h^2 O

that edible chick was HEINOUS yo. Her nose was FUCKED. That dude was hurting

H

h^2 O

I was involved in this but didn't end up in the final episode. Most people think this is the best segment they produced, so check it out -- an online-only segment on my story: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/675032/true-life-webisode-im-a-business-stoner.jhtml#id=1667666

There was no money paid to anyone as far as I'm aware -- it's just promotion. I was faceplaming during the Buddha Bar people (Denver couple), especially the domestic dispute "here come the cops" part, which was just embarrassing. The most interesting story was the illegal dealer girl, and the Cali guy was just a very standard story, like an intro to medical marijuana.

But yeah, it was interesting to participate in. Let me know if ya'll have any questions. I basically quit my job of 8 years to pursue a life in the MMJ industry and they were interested in my story after approaching out booth at a convention in December.
watching it now, commercial though. LOL a GIANT Taco Bell ad pops up next to the movie. I want this Ry dudes job in Colorodo...samples the weed! This dude has the best job in the world. Way to go man! I wonder if he has to pay for the samples. Kind reviews....I'll check it out.
Yeah the only part of the TV part I didn't like were the edible chick who was like more hideous than anything I've ever seen and the lesbian girl selling 8ths.

supermanlives

Veteran
now what did you expect from mtv? it aint pbs. it lived up to my expectations . total bs but actually funnythe edibles guy was a tool . who uses actuall crumbled up weed anymore in edibles. butter,hash ect but not straight weed. you wont win with oldschool weed recipes

J

juicepuddle

they chose these people for the drama / these are the only idiots who want to be on MTV.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
i would rather my kids freebase rock then watch that anal leakage that is refered to as mtv.

Last edited:

supermanlives

Veteran
mtv was cool for the first 6 months. headbangers ball rocked. then they jumped the shark and it went downhill fast,or maybe i grew older

DankSide

So let me throw in a few cents to this.
They showcased a bickering couple, a timid young upstarter, and a stereotypical butch girl dealer in an attempt to depict the marijuana industry?

The bickering couple? Couldn't even make a good tasting cannabis bar - they were the most haggard couple I've ever seen. A little kid to raise and absolutely no good business plan - husband left, mother has to turn tricks to keep business afloat - FAIL.

The fledgling young man? Just an absolute joke, reminded me of my first grow - a dramatic scene where he tells his parents? The timid approach? At least he was the best out of the three.

The young dealer chick? Where did they find her? Did her grandma write into mtv? she kept a postal job for all of one paycheck? Okay great when do the hardworking stoners get their say?

Where is the footage of hardworking breeders? The best young prodigies in the industry? The newest technology? Those features are rarely touched on within these modern day documentaries.

Whoever chose these candidates must have had a "lets pick people who look like straight up criminals" mentality.

NOKUY

Veteran
So let me throw in a few cents to this.
They showcased a bickering couple, a timid young upstarter, and a stereotypical butch girl dealer in an attempt to depict the marijuana industry?

The bickering couple? Couldn't even make a good tasting cannabis bar - they were the most haggard couple I've ever seen. A little kid to raise and absolutely no good business plan - husband left, mother has to turn tricks to keep business afloat - FAIL.

The fledgling young man? Just an absolute joke, reminded me of my first grow - a dramatic scene where he tells his parents? The timid approach? At least he was the best out of the three.

The young dealer chick? Where did they find her? Did her grandma write into mtv? she kept a postal job for all of one paycheck? Okay great when do the hardworking stoners get their say?

Where is the footage of hardworking breeders? The best young prodigies in the industry? The newest technology? Those features are rarely touched on within these modern day documentaries.

Whoever chose these candidates must have had a "lets pick people who look like straight up criminals" mentality.

^^^^^^^
read that ...you wont even have to watch he show :dance013:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think that these types of shows are inappropriate because they are being shown nationally to a young audience.

What message do these types of shows send to young unemployed people that live in states with harsh drug laws?

Well if they need a place with free food and rent, then I'm sure that they may find it soon enough if they get into "our business".

Not everyone lives in a "Pot Fairyland." It's getting kind of old to be honest.

R.Fortune

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Support your fellow growers even if just with positivity.

Support your fellow growers even if just with positivity.

they should of had that guy from colorado who got busted for bragging to the news about his grow.

fucking clowns need to keep their mouth shut out there.

Did they have any from non med states on there?

I hate to say it but these kind of idiots are priceless. They speak up on T.V. and risk getting busted to show a first hand experience that proves pot isn't bad, or evil. They are the Fodder, that help keep the smart growers from getting busted just due to using up the resources of the pigs; and never forget the federal government can kick in your door too, so don't get cocky. nothing is full proof.

I wish them wellness, and I wish them success. After all they are fellow growers helping Over Grow the world.

Imagine Ten years ago how controversial this show would have been. remember the crazy one on heroin? that got national attention from everywhere.

B

BlazingSaddles

WTF!!

Whenever i click the link to this hilarity i get a message saying video unavailable in your region.

I wanted to laugh at these idiots too :comfort:

BlazingSaddles

ijim

I don't think I would want to throw my business in LEOs face. Pack some bond and attorney money away.

Latest posts

Latest posts