What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"true life" "im in the marijuana business" tonight on mtv

MIway

Veteran
The only good part of the show was Chris the guy that moved to cali. He seems very Passionate about it

And it doesn't hurt to have a clean cut white boy from the burbs having a heart to heart with his parents while crying & huggin it out. Chumpy as it is to say, it doesn't hurt the image.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry, they were all fucking idiots. The noob seemed more like Mc Donalds manager material, he had note cards for his talk to his parents?

He kept calling it "Marijuana" over and over it hurt my ears. la la la la la la

What is he going to sell that first pound or two for a few G's and then what?

Where do they find these people? I give them credit for being on the show that's about it.

At least the stoner dude got rid of the wicked witch man she was f'kin gruesome yikes!

The lesbian chick, still slanging nick bags. Classy MTV, thanks. :moon:

NOKUY

Veteran
Sorry, they were all fucking idiots. The noob seemed more like Mc Donalds manager material, he had note cards for his talk to his parents?

He kept calling it "Marijuana" over and over it hurt my ears. la la la la la la

What is he going to sell that first pound or two for a few G's and then what?

Where do they find these people? I give them credit for being on the show that's about it.

At least the stoner dude got rid of the wicked witch man she was f'kin gruesome yikes!

The lesbian chick, still slanging nick bags. Classy MTV, thanks. :moon:

.....bottom line:

unless you grow and show bombass weed......the icmag crowd thinks your a fool :wave:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats

Or frosty grapefruity goodness for that matter :biggrin:

(my first Swt comment in the whole thread!) :smoke out:

G

greenmatter

this may be a stupid question but ....... what would the members here do if some yo-yo with a camera showed up at the front and wanted to follow them around while they do what they do?

i hope i could get "how did you find out what i do" before the hip reaction "get off my property before i shove that camera up your ass" came out.:dunno: maybe it is just me but i could never see anyone that i spend any time with wanting to be on a reality show about anything.

NOKUY

Veteran
this may be a stupid question but ....... what would the members here do if some yo-yo with a camera showed up at the front and wanted to follow them around while they do what they do?

i hope i could get "how did you find out what i do" before the hip reaction "get off my property before i shove that camera up your ass" came out.:dunno: maybe it is just me but i could never see anyone that i spend any time with wanting to be on a reality show about anything.

that's the funny part....they had to apply ....send in an app.....prolly online....

...look up true life that's how they get ppl usually....desperate wierdos.....prolly give 'em 500 buks :cathug:

Euphrates

lol on the 500$ bonus. the scraggy dude was probably pumped up on that -

Did his s.o call the cops on him ? they were kind of funny.

Chris was sneaking in his grow equipment, and in one hour set up.. which i don't know, It looked like he was starting off w/ 2700k red spectrum lighting.

G

greenmatter

that's the funny part....they had to apply ....send in an app.....prolly online....

...look up true life that's how they get ppl usually....desperate wierdos.....prolly give 'em 500 buks :cathug:

wonderful ...... desperate wierdos on prime time TV. MTV should put in the small print of the contract that all participants will be spayed or neutered when the season is over. kinda like dredging the gene pool:tiphat:

MIway

Veteran
Kinda like politics... most of the people that are worth something, wouldn't ever want to be in that spotlight.

G

guest8905

well i guess we can expect more of the same from 'weed wars' coming up in the fall.

one thing about the guy who didnt win the cup, he was so bumbed, he forgot the fact he is somewhere he can even partake in such an event and still have his freedom. Most REAL growers are happy to even be able to share and compete in a cup event....the fact he cried over not winning then just quiet the biz showed he was in it for just the dough, it didnt look like he was a aware of the drug war going on and the real MEDICAL and PRISONER status a lot of users hold these days, so what if you didnt win the cup, be glad yu can freely burn one down.....oh God i just hope the justing beibers and britney spears of the world dont all jump on the bandwagon now!?! That would freaking suck

why oh why do they always make it out to be for $

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
hahahaha wow....im happy it was this bad honestly. last thing we want the general public to see is some guy making 400k a year running a big warehouse driving a nice car with rims and rockin ice, poppin bottles haha.....the guy from MA was a good example i think, shows that we arent all thug hippy criminals....just passionate people trying to make a living while changing the countrys view on MMJ..

the couple from CO...haha wow i dont even know where to start.... who wants to buy food off these people they dont even wear hairnets or have sanitary conditions? having nervous breakdowns in public? these people are a wreck...

the lesbian bit was alrite imo....a smalltime grinder trying to survive in this shitty economy and it highlights the hardships of having a criminal history....i used to grind like that when i was younger so i sympathize....fuck making 240 bucks for 35 hours a week when you can make that in a 5 minute parking lot deal.....

lol on the 500$ bonus. the scraggy dude was probably pumped up on that -

Did his s.o call the cops on him ? they were kind of funny.

Chris was sneaking in his grow equipment, and in one hour set up.. which i don't know, It looked like he was starting off w/ 2700k red spectrum lighting.

haha i know that spot.....right near the airport, but when he walked out i swore i saw he had 4 white flood trays stacked..and 4 ballasts and hoods....so i figured he was running 4k, 2 black res one for each room i guess....but they only showed a 4x8 tent with the 2 lights so maybe he had another room...

Stumbleweed

I was involved in this but didn't end up in the final episode. Most people think this is the best segment they produced, so check it out -- an online-only segment on my story: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/675032/true-life-webisode-im-a-business-stoner.jhtml#id=1667666

There was no money paid to anyone as far as I'm aware -- it's just promotion. I was faceplaming during the Buddha Bar people (Denver couple), especially the domestic dispute "here come the cops" part, which was just embarrassing. The most interesting story was the illegal dealer girl, and the Cali guy was just a very standard story, like an intro to medical marijuana.

But yeah, it was interesting to participate in. Let me know if ya'll have any questions. I basically quit my job of 8 years to pursue a life in the MMJ industry and they were interested in my story after approaching out booth at a convention in December.

G

greenmatter

I was involved in this but didn't end up in the final episode. Most people think this is the best segment they produced, so check it out -- an online-only segment on my story: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/675032/true-life-webisode-im-a-business-stoner.jhtml#id=1667666

There was no money paid to anyone as far as I'm aware -- it's just promotion. I was faceplaming during the Buddha Bar people (Denver couple), especially the domestic dispute "here come the cops" part, which was just embarrassing. The most interesting story was the illegal dealer girl, and the Cali guy was just a very standard story, like an intro to medical marijuana.

But yeah, it was interesting to participate in. Let me know if ya'll have any questions. I basically quit my job of 8 years to pursue a life in the MMJ industry and they were interested in my story after approaching out booth at a convention in December.

good thing there are people like you. consider this a public apology if anything i said pissed you off. i still stick to the position that this whole TV thing is not good and the fact that you did not make the cut does more to convince me that this is not a good thing. i have a HUGE lack of trust in the media, not in people in general.

Euphrates

Damn, I am surprise they didn't show your story.

Do you think you'll ever go back to your other job even if you do decide to continue working w/ mmj ?

what microscope magnification are you working with ? Mold really is horrible, especially w/ patients whose immune systems are already compromised . Do you think inspecting your specimen through your microscope would be close to or as effective if sent into a lab for analysis ?

I've never heard of a mmj reviewer before.

Stumbleweed

Yeah it was mostly a case of MTV pushing deadlines and drama and the actual production crew (who don't work for MTV directly and produce documentaries for lots of networks) wanting to present it in a more professional way. The network wins, as always. At least they managed to get the tagline to be "it's not a drug, it's medicine" rather than "look over there, the cops are here... gotta get out of here" haha.

The only good thing about more MMJ programming on TV is that it fosters normalization, even when pieces of it are sensationalistic and particular actors within the movement might be counter-productive. Overall, just hearing the words "medical marijuana" over and over again will start to shift the perceptions of those who hadn't given it much thought, and maybe even some zealots who are holding inaccurate and deep-seeded beliefs about the plant and the culture and people that surround it. I tried my best to present myself in a professional and medical fashion, and the positive reception that I've gotten from people has me hopeful that I did my job in that regard.

Stumbleweed

Damn, I am surprise they didn't show your story.

Do you think you'll ever go back to your other job even if you do decide to continue working w/ mmj ?

what microscope magnification are you working with ? Mold really is horrible, especially w/ patients whose immune systems are already compromised . Do you think inspecting your specimen through your microscope would be close to or as effective if sent into a lab for analysis ?

I've never heard of a mmj reviewer before.
I told my old boss to go fuck himself and never really want to go back to working in an office job. My old job wasn't awful, but I was a paperwork-shuffling robot and had no real plans for the future until this opportunity came up (when dispensaries started popping up in CO and I started a blog reviewing my purchases).

I use a Veho 200X scope via USB which allows picture-taking as well as video. I highly recommend those, especially with a webcam program where you can tweak the color settings and get it dialed-in. We've gotten some gorgeous pictures using that $60 thing, and it's been responsible for pulling probably 40 batches of tainted medicine off of the shelves in Colorado over the last year or so.

We have a better track record than the local labs when it comes to finding bugs and mold. The platelet tests that they generally use to detect PM seem unreliable in my experience, as we have turned in badly-affected samples for microbiological contaminant screening and gotten a 100% clean bill of health back. We still had the shop pull the meds regardless, because we had photo evidence to prove the issues. So yeah, I'd personally take the Pepsi Challenge against any lab as far as finding contaminants, especially bugs and PM.

Latest posts

Latest posts