What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Adventure

River Rooster

Weather has been nice all week with hardly any rain had to give all the seedlings a good soak of fish emulsion and some went in the ground.. lots more males in this lot I guess because they were stressed in early stages of development.
Male.png

Syzygium.png

Rastafarout

Premium user
Nice thread , @River Rooster guerilla growing probably the hardest style known , especially if it’s a dry place .
Try making a separate little corner where you have a salt spread round the the seedlings ,
And top it up as needed
Slugs are sly fucks, and don’t always leave a telltale trail
I even put salt on the container like a margarita
but not on the lip of the cup
Make shift roof (small) with a piece of corrugated fibreglass ( doesn’t reflect like glass) can’t see from air

And that’s a broom cluster fig , delicious to eat , wait for them to change colour ..

River Rooster

@Hasch this was a fish/seaweed based complete fertiliser but smells like molasses on in US NPK (oxide) it’s a 1-2-3. I have some liquid guano I can be using to make up some flower fert cheaper.. it’s NPK 0-25-0 (oxide)

@Far_out I have to put a bunch of effort into an area to grow the seeds nothing is really touching the seedlings once they have a few nodes but I lost so many sprouting. I’m thinking of raising it well off the ground using metal fence posts with some extra slug protection around the way up. Perhaps also inside a plastic container so they are sealed up.

I’m not sure the variety of fig but it’s Asian not African they are all ‘edible’ just some taste a lot better than others

The hash came out nice and blonde

Hash.png

River Rooster

@Far_out different species Ficus fur vs Ficus racemosa. Not doing anymore seedlings for now just clones. Might start some other seeds over summer or might just use clones of what I have going.

Seedlings are responding much better to the weather, warmer days and mostly sunshine. Let’s hope I can get them to stretch out better than the last bunch. The mulched clay soil is still pretty moist… Planted a bunch more in the beds, got rid of males, spinosad the flowers, fertilised and more mulch.

Seedling.png

Stretching.png

Pots.png

Buds.png

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Looking good, those plants. Clones are the way to go for sure. Mine start stretching and budding the instant I plant them outdoors. I've got a regular indoor clone factory conveyor belt going here. I plan to maintain ten mother plants as Bonsai trees for years while shedding clones that I take out in batches year-round. It'll be a while before I ever need to buy seeds again.

River Rooster

Some good growth this week annoying lots of males. The first seeds I started at home under good conditions were 80%+ female but the survivors out at the spot from stress when young are like 50%. Not sure if some smaller ones will flower in time as the days are getting longer and equinox is soon.

Garden is starting to take shape! I plan to have it filled all summer and get a few crops in throughout next year.
Plants.png

Clone.png

Plant.png

Latest posts

Latest posts