What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Adventure

River Rooster

Hey i'm back.. got stuck overseas longer than expected because my partner got a really bad ear infection so we couldn't fly home. Weather has been awful last few weeks while away raining and cloudy everyday.

Hi @Maria Sanchez I don't have much experience but know a good grower that was getting some pretty big bushes from less than 12 hours of light outdoor from seed. 4+ ounces per plant.

My understanding of it is you need the right genetics too much sativa and you risk them reveging, too much indica and your plants will not stretch or yield much with less than 12 hours from seeds. Obviously the 12/12 from seed is pretty challenging though need to not have any setbacks and some good amount of warmth and sunny weather. I am getting back to setting up the gas lantern routine at my spot to veg plants and flip when they are at a certain size while still trying to do some 12/12 from seed.

Hey @Mtn. Nectar ouch down the middle! I used to sharpen the machette all the time but now I prefer it blunt after cutting myself one time on the razor sharp edge.

River Rooster

Three weeks and the grass grew everywhere
Before.png

After cleaning up
After.png

The flowering ones don’t seem super happy these started flowering then went under gas lantern routine then moved out here lots of cloudy days and rain since.
MH x z99.png

MH x z99 purple petioles.png
NH x c5M.png

Caterpillar.png
Caterpillars are around so need to go back with spinosad soon

Hasch

learning and laughing
Glad your partner is better and you guys could travel back home.

Your plants look healthy and seem ok with you gone for 3 weeks 😅

Heres hoping for sunshine and less clouds/rain for you guys and us too in northern Europe.

River Rooster

Thanks Hasch they are all better now and good to be home.

Sibling to those above this NH x C5M at home in fabric pot has stretched and branched out nicely it’s in a far worse spot with only about 5 hours of sun, I think it was same size and flowered at same time. I might bring some big fabric pots to the site and see if they do much better.

Home.png

Swamp Thang

Veteran
View attachment 18875298
After cleaning up
View attachment 18875302
The flowering ones don’t seem super happy these started flowering then went under gas lantern routine then moved out here lots of cloudy days and rain since.
View attachment 18875304

View attachment 18875305 View attachment 18875306
View attachment 18875307 Caterpillars are around so need to go back with spinosad soon

I recently transplanted outdoors about ten plants that were only about a foot tall, and I expect they won't grow much more before they start to bud exactly like the ones shown in these pictures, Rooster.

I'm still hoping that my having buried a couple of frozen mackerel under each plant, I will get a bit of a stretch before they are ready to harvest.

LBL

View attachment 18875298
After cleaning up
View attachment 18875302
View attachment 18875304

View attachment 18875305 View attachment 18875306
View attachment 18875307 Caterpillars are around so need to go back with spinosad soon

How Stealth is it supposed to be ?

The grass might be useful stealth-wise.

Maria Sanchez

After cleaning up

Looking great! So much like my last site with those grasses.

Seem fairly happy to me. What is the problem?
They're not big, but the leaves and flowers seem good.

Caterpillars are around so need to go back with spinosad soon

Those damn 'pillars!

River Rooster

The weather is finally nice and sunny everyday after the starts of the dry season was x5 wetter here than usual. First time going to the site and with the seedling pots drying out gave them all a good dose of fish emulsion. Sprayed spinosad on some flowers, some removed males.. topped everything that I could on the 4th or 5th node. Some seedlings were not topped and on the 7th node they start to flower.

7th node flowering.png

Sunny.png

This was an earlier direct seed one that has done ok topped at the right time and stretching hopefully it takes off with the sunny weather
Topped.png

River Rooster

@LBL the grass is super useful for camouflage but I only need it looking green from the air, not a big brown patch.. Once cut I put it back on top as mulch and this stuff stays green for days and by the time it turns to straw more grass is shooting up. When I was away for a few weeks it was shading the plants too much.

Made a bunch of butter with some random seed plant harvested at home they handled finishing in the rain pretty well kind of wish I kept a clone. Have 0 tolerance atm and I wiped the oil up with bread to clean up… got so uncomfortably high haha and was still feeling it the next morning

Butter.png

River Rooster

@Maria Sanchez If they were happier they would have stretched a bit more had a bit more stacking going on the buds are growing but they are bit stunted.

Weather is perfect now and should stay this way till mid December monsoon if it follows the same pattern as more recent previous years but by mid November we will have 13 hours of light.

Took over 40 clones recently so hopefully enough time to flower them still

Clones.png

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i still top those ones that start to flower fast roo,
u may get a small few top flowers ,
but someti;mes the bottom few branches kick off before flowering properly ,
always seemed worth doing for that ...

Maria Sanchez

@LBL the grass is super useful for camouflage but I only need it looking green from the air, not a big brown patch.. Once cut I put it back on top as mulch and this stuff stays green for days and by the time it turns to straw more grass is shooting up. When I was away for a few weeks it was shading the plants too much.

Made a bunch of butter with some random seed plant harvested at home they handled finishing in the rain pretty well kind of wish I kept a clone. Have 0 tolerance atm and I wiped the oil up with bread to clean up… got so uncomfortably high haha and was still feeling it the next morning

View attachment 18878146

Looks like my old coconut oil extractions. Got messed up licking the spoon with a freakishly sticky Sweet Seeds Sweet Skunk extraction one day. Good times!
I prefer coconut oil to butter, as the butter can separate out into the milk solids and oils at times, leaving it inconsistent. The coconut is nice and even all the way through.

River Rooster

Not many that didn’t get topped @Donald Mallard would like to see what they do naturally. Interesting though that you did top as they went into flower, did you mostly top just once then train or top more than once?

@Maria Sanchez That was butter but I made two jars of coconut oil also scared to eat more tbh haha need to do a micro dose or toke some to work on my tolerance

River Rooster

First time making bubble hash it was from fresh frozen nice product to make in the tropics when it can be harder to make ideal drying conditions. I did also dry some herb in the fridge for two weeks and it is already smelling amazing compared to stuff drying out that has been exposed to higher temperatures.
Hash.png