What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Cannabis - patient is 7 year old Boxer Dog

VicsOlLady

I lowered the dose (the drop is smaller now) - Sunshine looks great, obviously.

So, I'm back to square one - a small dose is fine, but if I'll try to increase it again - she'll probably shake like a leaf :(
The whole ordeal started when I tried to gradually increase the daily dosage...

Weezard: I'll gladly be her crash test dummy!!! :)
Thank you for the idea!

I didn't notice any weird belches with her :)
But I don't think a drop a size of a grain will affect me :) maybe a blueberry :)

120 g is a lot, but then again, you weigh more than Sunshine :)
People claim many things, I think its individual...
My biggest problem is that there is so little research on cannabis treatment of canine cancer. My vet is aware of the whole process, yet he is extremely skeptical.
This forum is one of the rare sources of information on this subject...

The idea of lab testing keeps popping in my mind...
I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with Canine Cancer. I found your post to be very encouraging. You are so right when you say that it is such new territory here with Canine Cancer and treatment with Cannabis Oil. I have not been able to discuss my current treatment plan with the Oncologist who is treating my 11 yr old Chow Chow Mix dog named Brutus yet. Although, I have made the decision that we are going to be beginning the treatment with cannabis this evening. He weighs 73 pounds, I figured I would begin with a blueberry (Size) and go from there. May I ask, what breed is Sunshine? also what type cancer , and how long have you been fighting this battle? Brutus was diagnosed on Oct 10, 2014. Thanks again though, for sharing your experience, and giving me some encouragement to do this along with some hope.

The idea of lab testing, and being a lab hound (rat) does pop in my mind also.... :)

We will be crash test dummies together, for the sake of canine cancer research.... :)

VicsOlLady

My Current Fight with Canine Mast Cell Tumor Cancer

My Current Fight with Canine Mast Cell Tumor Cancer

My 11 year old Chow Chow mix and Best Friend named Brutus was diagnosed with Mast Cell Tumor Cancer on October 10, 2014. I am beginning treatment with Cannabis and will be using the Cannabis Oil (THC) also as a topical for the recent areas on his skin which have just recently formed. in addition to the current internal tumors he is currently suffering with. I just wanted to reach out to all of you who may have any experience or experiences with Canine Mast Cell Cancer. There is currently so little research in this area. Thank you in advance for any information you may have to share with us....:tiphat:

VicsOlLady

Last night at 9 pm we dosed up Brutus with Cannabis and it worked out excellent! He has not eaten like that in years and he got a real good nights sleep, actually has been sleeping all day. He also stopped itching and licking his paws so far. I am hopeful. He also stopped whimpering while he slept. I am very hopeful at this point on his outcome...

iksret

cat with mouth cancer

cat with mouth cancer

Hi guys, just stumbled upon this forum. My cat Rufus has been diagnosed with cancer of the mouth and because of crazy costs of the chemo/radiation therapy I've tried a number of holistic approaches with no effect.

I was wondering where one should begin when it comes to this sort of treatment. Heck I don't even know where to even begin as far as getting what's needed to proceed. I'm not a user nor do I have a card. I live in Los Angeles (where some would say it's easy to get what I need, but I just don't know where...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated the little guy means quite a bit to me and just like with many of you I'm not ready to let my beloved pet go!

mack 10

Veteran
Last night at 9 pm we dosed up Brutus with Cannabis and it worked out excellent! He has not eaten like that in years and he got a real good nights sleep, actually has been sleeping all day. He also stopped itching and licking his paws so far. I am hopeful. He also stopped whimpering while he slept. I am very hopeful at this point on his outcome...

Good luck.

We need to start noting what strains where used so it can be made
Again if successful.

Sunshinemom

VicsOlLady - answer

VicsOlLady - answer

Hi :)

All the details about Sunshine's cancer are in my previous posts here.
Sunshine had a papillary cystadenocarcinoma - something similar to female ovarian cancer.
We had the tumor removed - the entire story is on page 9 in this forum.
In any case, we continued the can. treatment until 2 weeks ago.
We had to stop, because, unfortunately, we don't have the option to get the oil for her at the moment :(((((((((((((((
It is highly illegal where we live...

BUT - everything worked like a charm!
Eventually, she got used to the dosage, the tremors and shivering almost stopped.
The blood results are great - got them 2 days ago, the vet is satisfied with her general condition, and so are we :)))))))))))
She is a happy healthy doggy.
I really don't know whether the cancer is really gone, we have a CT scheduled in May 2015.
All the other tests show that everything is fine (thank God).
At present things are looking good.

I strongly recommend the cannabis treatment.
However, the size of a blueberry for a dog is not a good idea :)
Start with a drop of can. oil sized like a grain of rice, even smaller.
3 times a day - 20 min before food.
It will be weird in the first few weeks :biggrin:

In addition, diet is also very important.
If you're interested - I'll write to you exactly what we do.

I wish Brutus a lot of health :huggg:

I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with Canine Cancer. I found your post to be very encouraging. You are so right when you say that it is such new territory here with Canine Cancer and treatment with Cannabis Oil. I have not been able to discuss my current treatment plan with the Oncologist who is treating my 11 yr old Chow Chow Mix dog named Brutus yet. Although, I have made the decision that we are going to be beginning the treatment with cannabis this evening. He weighs 73 pounds, I figured I would begin with a blueberry (Size) and go from there. May I ask, what breed is Sunshine? also what type cancer , and how long have you been fighting this battle? Brutus was diagnosed on Oct 10, 2014. Thanks again though, for sharing your experience, and giving me some encouragement to do this along with some hope.

The idea of lab testing, and being a lab hound (rat) does pop in my mind also.... :)

We will be crash test dummies together, for the sake of canine cancer research.... :)

Sunshinemom

Hi

All the details about Sunshine's cancer are in my previous posts here.
Sunshine had a papillary cystadenocarcinoma - something similar to female ovarian cancer.
We had the tumor removed - the entire story is on page 9 in this forum.
In any case, we continued the can. treatment until 2 weeks ago.
We had to stop, because, unfortunately, we don't have the option to get the oil for her at the moment :(((((((((((((((
It is highly illegal where we live...

BUT - everything worked like a charm!
Eventually, she got used to the dosage, the tremors and shivering almost stopped.
The blood results are great - got them 2 days ago, the vet is satisfied with her general condition, and so are we ))))))))))
She is a happy healthy doggy.
I really don't know whether the cancer is really gone, we have a CT scheduled in May 2015.
All the other tests show that everything is fine (thank God).
At present things are looking good.

I strongly recommend the cannabis treatment.
However, the size of a blueberry for a dog is not a good idea
Start with a drop of can. oil sized like a grain of rice, even smaller.
3 times a day - 20 min before food.
It will be weird in the first few weeks

In addition, diet is also very important.
If you're interested - I'll write to you exactly what we do.

I wish Brutus a lot of health

theJointedOne

Veteran
Remember! High CBD! Dogs don't need the herb to be more than 6 or 7 percent THC, but you want at least that much CBD

Sunshinemom

Nevada Bill Would Allow Sick Pets To Use Medical Marijuana

Nevada Bill Would Allow Sick Pets To Use Medical Marijuana

http://www.hightimes.com/read/nevada-bill-would-allow-sick-pets-use-medical-marijuana

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) -- A Nevada senator has introduced a bill that would allow pets to use pot.

Democratic Sen. Tick Segerblom is sponsoring the bill that was introduced Tuesday.

SB372 calls on state officials to issue medical marijuana cards for animals if the animal's owner is a Nevada resident and a veterinarian certifies that the animal has an illness that might be alleviated by marijuana.

Segerblom says the provision is part of a larger bill that cleans up the state's medical marijuana statute.

Sen. Mark Manendo, a fellow Democrat and animal rights advocate, says he's concerned that marijuana might not be a safe treatment for sick animals.

Segerblom says he's also concerned that marijuana might have adverse effects on animals, but he says veterinarians won't know unless they try.

mack 10

Veteran
Remember! High CBD! Dogs don't need the herb to be more than 6 or 7 percent THC, but you want at least that much CBD

So I had the idea of mixing high/ medium THC (99% dry sift) then giving a pure CBD oil afterwards, this should lower the psychoactivitity but no lose the benefits of high THC.
The cbd oil comes from sensi seeds, they have a big hemp op.
There cbd oil comes with added terps, if I add high grade sift that is very high in THC will this balance out my meds?

Another benefit would be if the dog has too much THC, you could give cbd oil to negate the effects ( of high THC)

Will 3 % CBD oil be strong enough? Being in mind most strains are 0.3-0.5 cbd.

theJointedOne

Veteran
As long as its not China by product, sounds good to me. Careful with the dry sift, wouldn't take much for a k9 to be incapacitated by that stuff

Dentin

You shouldn't discontinue treatment like that. People do this all the time with antibiotics too only to have the problem come back stronger with resistance because the symptoms simply resided. Continue treatment for significantly longer than the symptoms reside to ensure success.

Very happy to hear it has worked out for you though.

:woohoo:
My cat is going through the same thing right now and I am very interested in trying what you did. What kind of CBDs did you administer? Please help! I am desperate!

Dentin

My cat is going through the same thing right now and I am very interested in trying what you did. What kind of CBDs did you administer? Please help! I am desperate!

Truetracie

Overwhelmed-7 yr old Shar Pei

Overwhelmed-7 yr old Shar Pei

I have a 7 year old Shar pei female who has not yet been diagnosed, but who most likely has lung cancer.

She started coughing back in April of this year so I took her to the vet and she was diagnosed with chronic bronchitis. Months went by and she seemed to get better but the cough never fully went away. I took her for a second opinion last week and found per x-Ray her right lung has a mass and she has 3 other little small masses. She also has an increase in calcium which from what I'm being told points to cancer. I decided to not do an aspiration or biopsy, rather opted to send a blood draw to Michigan State to see where the calcium is coming from, but in the meantime will look to treat her as if she has cancer.

Chemo and/or radiation is not something I want to do for her. My previous Shar Pei died from skin cancer. I gave one chemo pill and she went downhill so fast. I swore never again! I believe 100% in the oil and want to try it for my baby. Here are the questions that i can't seem to find definite answers to. Let me also add that other than her coughing you would not know anything is wrong with her. She eats, she plays, etc.

She is 48/50 lbs

How much oil do I work up to, to destroy the cancer? I'm thinking .25 gr.?

How many times a day?

Do I give the oil before or after meals or does it matter? I would assume before would be more potent?

Everything I'm reading on a diet for dogs says protein, protein, protein. Doesn't cancer feed off protein? I do cook for her and she gets grass fed beef and only organic chicken. I'm thinking I should limit her protein?

Thank you in advance for any replies...

VortexPower420

Veteran
Hi everyone. I am curious if strong glycerin tinture is a good alternative to RSO or another extract?

I have a bunch of tinture. I'm hoping the beneficial effects are the same or similar. From my understanding glycerin is a great extractant and doesn't denature anything.

Thanks fro the input. I think my dog may have Osteosarcoma. I'll find out tomorrow.

Timbuktu

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
" Doesn't cancer feed off protein?"

No, it feeds off the same system that healthy cells do.
And it is not "Fueled by sugar" either.

Please ignore all the misinformation.
When you hear something like that, investigate.

The high Ca, is suspicious but not diagnostic for malignancy.
Time is of the essence but the treatment regimen can be frightening for a dog.
If she is not losing weight, the odds are it's a benign growth.
Best not to treat until we know what we are treating.

When you get a solid diagnosis, post it here and we'll try to figure the type/dosage out together.

Please stop worrying. it upsets the pup. :)

Aloha,
Weezard

Truetracie

Thank you!

She has lost weight. 7 lbs to be exact from April which is a lot for a dog in my opinion. I will post once I get the results from her labs. All you do is much appreciated.