What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Cannabis - patient is 7 year old Boxer Dog

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
I agree.
That's not a good sign.

While we wait for lab results, please tell us about your oil.
As detailed as possible.

Do you have any potency reports from humans?
Have you tried it yourself?

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
My cat is going through the same thing right now and I am very interested in trying what you did. What kind of CBDs did you administer? Please help! I am desperate!

Sorry, I used BC Purple Kush. A really really really nice version. High THC. Not too much CBD. Both can work. Depends on the tumors. This worked for me though. I was fortunate.

Best of luck. Cats can be a lot more difficult to dose and need very very little!

I recommend dosing yourself with whatever as well. And I'd dose a lot lower in a cat relative weight than I would a human as well and work up from there. High doses are necessary eventually but its better to get there gradually.

I've been giving our 10 year old golden retriever a 20:1 cbd coconut oil infusion every day as a cancer preventative. Our last golden got bone cancer right at 10 years and the disease seems to be rampant in this breed once they hit 10. He seems to be doing a lot less groaning since I started the treatment, so it's helping with his old age aches and pains. I just followed some of the various recipes for making coconut canna-oil (1 - 2 oz of trim will make about 2C of cannaoil). The dog gets mostly the sugar leaf trim, and the better trim is for his humans. About 1/2 tsp of the cannaoil sprinkled on his food at each meal (2x/day). Haven't seen him have any negative symptoms from the treatment. I also just read that cannabis plant stems can be puréed and pressed into dog treats. Dogs seem to favor them. Nothing goes to waste.

Truetracie

I agree.
That's not a good sign.

While we wait for lab results, please tell us about your oil.
As detailed as possible.

Do you have any potency reports from humans?
Have you tried it yourself?
Hi everyone,

We received labs back today from Michigan State. I feel like we're putting a puzzle together and we just pulled the pieces out of the box.

1. Ionized calcium = "very elevated" 1.80. (normal is 1.25 - 1.45)
2. Elevated calcium due to malignancy = NEGATIVE
3. Parathyroid = normal .50 (normal is .50 - 5.8)

The vet said that even though the test came back negative for malignancy it does not rule out cancer. Still trying to understand that, but.... She said the spots we're seeing on X-Ray could be caused from toxoplasmosis as well. In order to put all the pieces of this puzzle together we will have to do more tests. There is a blood test that will show anti bodies for the parasite that causes toxoplasmosis and we can do a tracheal wash to see if there is any other fungus/bacteria causing her coughing. Of course an aspiration or biopsy can be done as well. I'm really trying to do the less invasive testing as much as possible. I will keep you updated on what we decide to do next. Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.

Weezard to answer your previous question about the oil. We have no clue which strain or kind to try. I am just gathering data/information at this point. If need be I will have no hesitation to get her started on a regime a.s.a.p. Of course I would try the oil myself before giving it to London. I'd never want to give her anything without knowing some about how it would make her feel.

Thanks in advance for your reply

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"The vet said that even though the test came back negative for malignancy it does not rule out cancer.

Not all cancers are malignant.
Benign tumors can kill you, of course, but they do not metastasize.

I'm starting to wonder about your vet.
There is a long list of symptoms for toxo, coughing is not one of them.
That's why she ordered the tracheal wash.

And the blood test is a good call, what took her so long?
Toxoplasmosis is rare in humans, carried by cats, and not really common in dogs.
It's usually contracted from raw meat. But freezing meat for 24 hours, kills the parasites.
Dogs with uncompromised immune systems can usuallydefend themselves.

At this point, I'd go for the aspiration/biopsy.
Worth the discomfort. It's better to know.

Disclaimer:
I am not qualifies to advise.
I am not a veterinarian or a doctor.
I have no formal training and very little education.
I just read, a lot, and love critters.

Aloha,
Weezard

Truetracie

"The vet said that even though the test came back negative for malignancy it does not rule out cancer.

Not all cancers are malignant.
Benign tumors can kill you, of course, but they do not metastasize.

I'm starting to wonder about your vet.
There is a long list of symptoms for toxo, coughing is not one of them.
That's why she ordered the tracheal wash.

And the blood test is a good call, what took her so long?
Toxoplasmosis is rare in humans, carried by cats, and not really common in dogs.
It's usually contracted from raw meat. But freezing meat for 24 hours, kills the parasites.
Dogs with uncompromised immune systems can usuallydefend themselves.

At this point, I'd go for the aspiration/biopsy.
Worth the discomfort. It's better to know.

Disclaimer:
I am not qualifies to advise.
I am not a veterinarian or a doctor.
I have no formal training and very little education.
I just read, a lot, and love critters.

Aloha,
Weezard
Hi everyone,

I'm here to give an update on London. We did a needle aspirate yesterday to try and find out what the mass is in her lung. I'm deeply saddened to report the results came back as Cancer. Unfortunately with just an aspirate they can not tell us what kind of Cancer, etc it is or at least that's what I'm being told. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around that, but...

Chemo is not something I want to put her through. I know if we could get our hands on the oil I'd be willing to give it a try as I believe in its healing power 100%. So here we are. I have no idea what kind, how much, etc. to start her with. The mass is pretty good size and they called it a bi-lobe meaning it's either overlapped, or its 2 masses. She couldn't tell from either the x-Ray or the sono. 1 measured 5 cm and the other 6 cm. Any suggestion on a treatment plan is much appreciated.

P.s. Weezard I agree with you that I wonder about this particular vet. I have felt from the moment I met her she was trying to get my money.

Truetracie

Hi everyone,

I'm here to give an update on London. We did a needle aspirate yesterday to try and find out what the mass is in her lung. I'm deeply saddened to report the results came back as Cancer. Unfortunately with just an aspirate they can not tell us what kind of Cancer, etc it is or at least that's what I'm being told. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around that, but...

Chemo is not something I want to put her through. I know if we could get our hands on the oil I'd be willing to give it a try as I believe in its healing power 100%. So here we are. I have no idea what kind, how much, etc. to start her with. The mass is pretty good size and they called it a bi-lobe meaning it's either overlapped, or its 2 masses. She couldn't tell from either the x-Ray or the sono. 1 measured 5 cm and the other 6 cm. Any suggestion on a treatment plan is much appreciated.

P.s. Weezard I agree with you that I wonder about this particular vet. I have felt from the moment I met her she was trying to get my money.
Weezard i posted a reply about test results for London. She is just at 50 lbs and was diagnosed with lung cancer but we don't know what kind. She coughs when exerting just about any energy now. The mass is on her right lung and pretty much taking it over meaning it's not small. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about treating with oil. What amount do I use? I know everything says start out small and increase. Do you do 1 week and then increase, etc.? Do I give it to her before or after meals or does it matter? How many times a day? Are there any signs that would tell me I've given her too much?

Your reply is appreciated more than you know.

Blessings!

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
The best way to know is to dose yourself, then take your weight and adjust accordingly - but then at least half of what you'd take as dogs are more sensitive. If I were you I would be pushing her limits a bit, but not too far - if you go too far she may reject the medication as it can be very scary.

This is the best way to know how to dose though and it would work best to test on someone with no tolerance at all, but if you only smoke occassionally that will be fine as well.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
The best way to know is to dose yourself, then take your weight and adjust accordingly - but then at least half of what you'd take as dogs are more sensitive. If I were you I would be pushing her limits a bit, but not too far - if you go too far she may reject the medication as it can be very scary.

This is the best way to know how to dose though and it would work best to test on someone with no tolerance at all, but if you only smoke occassionally that will be fine as well.

Good reply. :)

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do you do 1 week and then increase, etc.? Do I give it to her before or after meals or does it matter? How many times a day? Are there any signs that would tell me I've given her too much? "

5 to 7 days should be long enough for a tolerance to develop.
Perhaps less considering size and metabolic rate.

With meals is best, it will have less impact that way
3 times a day, for the same reason.

You will be able to tell. No one knows your dog better than you.
Mildly stoned is fine. Staggering and falling over is not.
If you start with a small enough dosage London will begin to look forward to the medication.
Done right, it seems most dogs enjoy the "side effects" as much as we do. :)
Done wrong, same story only more so. We at least, know why we feel odd.

If you, or your designated test dummy, can just barely feel a "grain of rice" sized dose of RSO, give her about 1/3rd that amount to start.

Increase that until you see that it's affecting her. Then wait until it has less of an effect, that's when to start ramping up the dosage.

With the CBD oil, you can be much less cautious, It has little to no psychoactive quality.

Anyroad, that's the way I would approach it.

Aloha,
Weeze

[/FONT]

mandyb

Hi I'm Mandy I live n Ireland my ten year old pittbull got cancer last year I had lump removed few months bk I found another she had biopsy n it's same cancer as last lump.she 24 kilos still hyper n eating her food I got cbd oil from Charlotte web is there anything u can recommend she such a healthy dog n very strong I just need to find the best oil out there to help her.. she don't seem to b n pain just a lump there . Please can u help me . Mandy

mandyb

My 10 year old Pitt bull has stage 3 cancer n her mammary gland what the best oil to get.. is thc needed r just cbd. She goes to get the lump removed Tom I just need a treatment plan for her .. she still so full of life .Thanks mb

mack 10

Veteran
Which is best? Hard to say as we don't want to give false hope.
One good thing with cbd is if you over dose your dog you can give more cbd to neutralise the THC

Its amazing how small of a dose can hammer a dog.
Be careful. Start at half a grain of rice and build, bulid build.

Watching your dog overdose is not fun.
And the dogs do not understand it.

Maybe dose at bedtime?

mack 10

Veteran
My 10 year old Pitt bull has stage 3 cancer n her mammary gland what the best oil to get.. is thc needed r just cbd. She goes to get the lump removed Tom I just need a treatment plan for her .. she still so full of life .Thanks mb

How did it go?

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran

Aloha Mandy,

Have you read through this thread?
Is there something that has not yet been covered?

When they remove the tumor, they will biopsy it.
Please post the biopsy report here.
We will try to assist in finding an effective treatment regimen.

Aloha,
Wee 'zard

SpaceJunkOG

great thread! very glad to have found this. just a quick question for those advocating the "half a rice grain" dose amount:

I am doing this on my old cat who has intestinal cancer with IBD and chronic constipation (he's been living with cancer for 5 years now and is 17 years old and still active, this guy is a fighter!!! He does not want to leave this world yet!)

QUESTION: how exactly do you measure a half-grain of rice amount of RSO, or whatever oil you're using? I have all kinds of little syringes / measuring devices for all my nutes, . . . . would it be best to use one of those? Possibly an eye dropper? I just really don't want to overdose him. He weighs 13lbs if that helps.

Lastly, his cancer is intestinal, so I plan to mix the oil with a bit of food so it gets in there in his digestive tract where it needs to. Does anybody disagree with this approach? (He does have a tumor in his colon also which they think is benign, but obviously i can't get in there to apply topically).

I did read the first 3 pages but skipped to the last page, so forgive me if this info was somewhere between page 3 and here.

thanks!

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"Reach him directly via email: ricksimpsoncancerresearchcure@ gmail.com for your oil."

Flat out bullshit!
Rick Simpson has nothing to do with that address.
Avoid this scammer!

Edit:
Oh, good! The scammer's post has been deleted.
Generally, if you see a link that claims to be Rick Simpson's, run away.
It is certainly a fraud.
Rick does not do that.

Aloha,

tksirius

Glad I found this. I was hoping I might be able to get some advice. I have a boxer with a mast tumor on her paw. I have 2 different cannabis tincture oils, 1 derived from hemp with a 100 to 1 ratio CBD to THC with cinnamon in it and the other derived from marijuana with a 12 to 1 ratio CBD to THC. Does anyone know how much/when I should give either of these topically and/or orally? She seems to not mind the taste of either.

Put as much on topically as you want you may need to thin the oil with some alchohol so it gets right down through hair ect. to the skin. Dogs seem to have a stronger immune system and the reaction to oil appears to be stronger than humans cover the oiled area if possible so the dog does not lick it and get high as fk. My dog developed a couple nasty looking lumps I have no money so I liberally applied oil once a day and the lumps went away, good enough for me.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"1 derived from hemp with a 100 to 1 ratio CBD to THC with cinnamon in it and the other derived from marijuana with a 12 to 1 ratio CBD to THC."

That 12:1 sounds "fishy"!
No natural Marijuana has that ration and separating THC from CBD is very difficult .
The net is peppered with thieves. Suggest that you use real RSO. Make your own if you can.

Good directions from Cannabacca but 2 or 3 times a day will also work
There is no danger of your dog getting high from licking that snake oil but If you use real oil it is OK to leave it uncovered for a while. The licking is self limiting and supplies an oral dosage to prevent metastases.

Best of luck,
Wee 'zard