What's new

Trainwreck

Sugar

there are alot of questions regarding the origin of the TW, one thing is it did come from northern cali, but it has no thai in it, the taste and structure are too disimilar to a true thai. however, it is mor than likely it came from a durban cross. anyone who thinks the TW is stretchy/leggy, needs to try a real sativa!
anyone?

DrJay2001

now at peace
I've heard numerous stories of folks who claim to have developed Train Wreck. Most are simply not believable.

The most likely origin of Train Wreck was in the late 70's early 80's in Humboldt County.

The strain was originally called "E-32" and was found growing LOW near a stream next to an outdoor field. Train Wreck is indeed Thai but Lowland Thai. It's a creeper. In Humbodt it was crossed with a good Mexica Sativa (I think Oahaxcan) and a very old Afghani brought to Humbodt in the 60's by a wandering hippie who brought the seeds from the Hindu Kush.

When you cross Wreck you get a huge range of pheno's in the F-1 including the Thai. The Thai takes FOREVER to flower from seed and is just a nice up buzz. It's the combo with the Afghani and Mexican that kicks Train Wreck up to legendary status.

Yours,
Dr. jay

omega7

Very nice just one blunt, damn those flowering buds look beautiful.

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get GOOD Trainwreck beans. I've been trying to get ahold of it for almost 3 years now (every since my buddy got ripped on an eighth of it in San Fran) Ive read about how some places were selling imposter seeds. So any help in locating legit TW seeds. I am aware that it is pretty much clone only if you want to be sure it's def TW. I just need to be pointed in the right direction by someone who has grown legit beans from a seedbank etc. Even a place I can get a clone. I am on the east coast, but I visit california periodically. I am almost 30, I do not have cancer or any possible fatal disease or illness, I just smoke to help with my adhd and a few minor problems like insomnia so please dont suggest a med co op or compassion club or places like that, it has to be somewhere I can get it for non med patients since I do not qualify. Thanks again guys.

Hey DR Jay, what is a good pheno to look for?

Last edited:

DrJay2001

now at peace
The deal is that the real deal Wreck only has ONE pheno. It's been propogated as a clone for over 20 years like Cali-O. The plant growes like a vine (that's the lowland jungle Thai). The leaves are very Sativa like. The entire plant will frost with resin with resin appearing within a week of flower. They'll finish in 40-50 days.

There are seeds that AREN'T hybrids but they take forever. The deal is that TW flowering is governed by the gene that measures "time from germination". In all other strains I know the genes for photoperiod are dominant but in Wreck it's time from beans.

That means the plant from seed has to VEG for nine months. Then you can change the photoperiod and harest 42 days later. Folks don't want to do that but I think it's worthwhile to grow one at least for a Mom.

Durban is an interesting suggestion. The real deal poison that I smoked was every bit as strong as Train Wreck. I mean it took your frickin head off and was WAY off limits for newbies. Still, I know that the strain came to Humboldt via Hawaii and before then Southeast Asia.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

Joemutt1978

Got about 5 grams right now!

Got about 5 grams right now!

Its from California sent across the country to my neck of the woods, great stuff, thanks guys!

Sugar

yes your direction is right, and hell, real SA durban is messy stuff! lol! i have a friend who has bush in his garden in SA, it grows back every year..........so much so that it killed the shrub seperating his and the neighbours garden!! fucking potent stuff! i believe that crossed with the afghan is the intensity shown in the TW. unfoortunately the true TW ois a hermy, but having said that only rarely do its flowers open.

G

peckers

peckers

Great - then I MUST have the real deal :D

I just love this clone.

The smell of a freshly broken nug is unmistakable.

\_ joe

Sugar

thats right JD, absolutely no denying which are the true TW plants!
little peckers, and one hell of a funky smell! ;)

G

I love reading this thread and all the info that is coming out about TrainWreck. Was wondering if anyone seen this with their TW? I'm noticing on my mother plant that i'm getting three blade and single blade leaf more towards the top of the plant. I'm getting to top her to bush her out so i can get a bunch of clones, just wondering if this is common.
Thanks, keep the info coming.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

DrJay2001

now at peace
Hey BG, that does, indeed, look very different than my Wreck. It's a darker green and the leaves are broader. Is it a hybrid?

Yours,
Dr. jay

G

The dark color could be from me hitting her to hard with the Fert's. No, from what i'm told from the person i got it from it's the real deal. I don't want to say who i got it from, because i don't want everyone PMing them asking for clones, but i've seen the grow from the source and they look like yours. Maybe because it's a clone and haven't grown it out. I've had Bubblegum, Hawaiian Skunk do this and i think they grew out of it, but it is alittle werid.
Got me

DrJay2001

now at peace
Mmmmm....It's growing rather stalky as well. It could be about when the clone was cut? In any event I don't think they look overferted. Is that even a word. LOL.

Yours,
Dr. jay

G

Got me, but will see when i get my run of them going end of next month. It might be a word, but it works for me. I don't think they are over fet, just that all my plants have that dark color from the Pure Blend Pro and Grow Big from fox farm, also add some Cal-Mag Plus and some Karma. Maybe it's from the Fets that i use. The leaves do look alittle bit different.

PS, Maybe it's Walley's new DuckFoot TrainWreck. Lolllll

Sugar

i looked at your pics BG from your tW thread, and they do look very like TW there, but they dont here. i woulkdnt worry, thye have been stressed somehow, and will grow ouit of it soon. btry flushing the 3 part fert mix to 1 part griwng medium, with a mid - full fert mix. that should have em right as rain!

G

I've had the same thing happen to my Hawaiian Skunk. Got me what happen but they grew fine after awhile. Just was getting single and three bladed leafs. Will see what happens in a few weeks. She healthy and i'm happy with that.
Thanks

Greenja

Hey BG, yeah, I've seen that one bladed shit on a few cuttings of the wreck. Not sure why...but stressed could be the cause. I also agree it'll probl out grow it. Easy on the nuts for a bit and see how she goes.

greenja