What's new

Trainwreck

G

A real nice sativa buzz MossMan. I think one of the best herbs I have had. Makes you out of focus for a little while. Balance is off a bit too :D. But after that you want to get up and do something.

This is the second go with this and only got one nice clone and the others look like they really liked the screen the last time so they are just laying over wanting someone to prop them up :D

G

theres beans about

theres beans about

hey all, damn finally able to post up:D

anyone have some info on the steve tuck beans around. I know of a few growers that have um, and theres a pack up on cbay.

Im sure the selfed clone........anyone else have a tidbit or two?

DrJay2001

now at peace
Train Wreck (originally called E-32) was developed in Humboldt County, CA in the late 70's. It's a combination of lowland Thai Sativa, Mexican Oahaxcan Sativa, and an old line Afghani.

TW does finish (from clone not seed) in 42 days. We let ours go 44 and have done longer but it doesn't get better.

TW has a distinct lemon diesel smell and more trics than I've seen on most plants. Trics begin showing early. I'll try and get some pics up.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

798HumboldtTW.jpg

Last edited:

DrJay2001

now at peace
It is very fast. My buddies who grow TW outdoors at altitude go a full 60 days but indoors it's one of the fastest strains in terms of popping fast and finishing fast.

TW is not a high yielding strain. You can expect a good 33% less than a comparable Indica. The thing is that the bud is so potent that 80% (12-14oz)/1,000W is considered good.

Yours,
Dr. jay

G

Good morning Doc,

How is the yield outdoors compared to indoor? This is my second run with it and I can say that it sure isn't a big yielder at all.

Is there anything special that you could tell me to do to get mine to look like yours? I did a scrog the last time with them and only had 2 clones to work with. It stretched nicely to fill half the screen but I didn't let them turn up and grow a bit before turning 12/12.

I am also using a 1k hortilux bulb and soil. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/galler...d=850&action=view&sortby=&in=tw-010704.JPG&s=

Last edited:

DrJay2001

now at peace
Hey HC, I've had the same problems as you. The key seems to be to veg them out long enough to shape them a bit. Keep the soil loose (we only use 20% soil) and keep the ferts coming.

The lowland Thai in TW makes it an almost "vine like" plant. It'll creep along. So ya train them up and into wire in a SCROG and you've got it.

My buddy who gets much better yield than me grows soiless with constant feeding.

I'll have some pics of our new TW girls soon. They are today just 4 days in flower.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

SuperBonBon

Delicious!

Delicious!

Man, those frosty fan leaves have my mouth watering.

Frosty Fan Leaves + Butane = Golden Honey Oil

And me oh my, what I wouldn't give to have a little TW oil for a rainy afternoon.

You guys say that the pH tends to be a little problem and that they really suck up the nutes, so it sounds like a perfect hydro plant to me. Anybody out there trying their's in any sort of water culture?

SuperBonBon

PS: If anyone would like to test out their shipping method for viable clones, I'd be glad to be your dummy run. :)

DrJay2001

now at peace
That pic was from a Humboldt garden. Mine are smaller :) but from the exact same clone. Here's the girls at about 13 days into 12/12.

I wish my camera were better. These girls (now at 17 days) are showing frost on the damn stems! Yikes. More pics in a couple of days.

Yours,
Dr. jay

798Train_Wreck131.jpg

Last edited:

Greenja

late to the party i c hehe

I'm too growing the tw from n.cali for the first time. wished drjay had posted earlier about the low stretch lol I thought it would've stretched alot more than it did. I just did a small scrog on the side of my kfb/ogre main grow an am day 33 right now and also was noticing she's maturing alot faster than my indica Ogre so I'll expect to harvest early at 42 dys..thx for the heads up!

greenja

DrJay2001

now at peace
Welcome to the party! You're right that TW grows like a vine or a bush. Very little stretch.

Our Alibi do a 3X stretch in flower as do the Lifesaver (Sativa pheno).

I checked our one TW that's nearly ready (a retiring Mom). She's at 38 days and the hairs are starting to turn amber. I think 42 will be about right. The Lifesaver have to come down at 40.

For those who think I always cut to early :) not totally true though I like "green bud". We let our Alibi and Kush go 60.

Yours,
Dr. jay

greenhit

trainwreck :)

trainwreck :)

I got the TW x BigBud clone at Oakland 3rd story, and it
was pretty good, and potent. So we went and got two more to make mothers. The alibi/texas mystic I grew which was
teh indica pheno, was weak. Must of had more sweet tooth
in it. ? Looked hell of good, but the high just wasn't there.
So we chucked it. We pick in a couple of days, Mothers Finest
and some Firecracker and Blue Heaven.

adios,
-greenhit

DrJay2001

now at peace
You know GH you're right about the different pheno's, both for Alibi and for the TW crosses. I think it takes a good eye and some luck.

We grew TW x Salmon Creek Big Bud and loved it. I thought it was every bit as good as Train Wreck alone. The thing is there were pheno's galore with some much better than others.

The Alibi is like that too. The pheno's that finished early for us were quite sweet. The SWT#4 is deceiving. It's a nice mild stone but it looks great. Other pheno's (like the one we kept for a Mom) went a lot longer, stretched like crazy and have a spicy taste.

That pheno (we call it Red point) was only one of eight. When the Alibi got knocked up and we sent out some F-2's we think the variation will be even greater.

Frankly we don't know what type of Train Wreck the TRC boys used in the cross. None of the Alibi pheno's was at all Wreck like. Still, we got a prize Sativa girl and we're VERY grateful. We also have the Alibi x TW seeds now.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

a love of a lifetime

a love of a lifetime

Like Sportster, I been puffing on trainwreck for quite a long time. Surely, it ain't been 20 years, more like 4-5. The smell is just amazing isn't it? I also love asking people what it smells like and getting a million different answers. This one guy on OG said it smelled like a burrito !!??

TW yields well in SCROG if you know what you are doing. A standard method for TW has been 4x8 rockwool trays with 2000 watts, seems to yield 3.5 to 4 pounds everytime. I think if you cut too early it may effect yield a bit. I like to let mine go full 9 weeks. TW responds well to heat and CO2. resistant to PM as well.

I know I've been blasting the same TW pics over and over and over, but my last harv has been truly one of my best. And since then I moved and stopped growing so I miss the flowering wreck beauties and the irie feeling of walking into the garden full of blooming wreck.

91811finger-med.jpg

918TWnugsCO2-med.jpg

918TWnugstooheavy-med.jpg

918tw-pride-06-med.jpg

918tw-pride-07-med.jpg

G

Hmmmmm

Hmmmmm

Yep. "Smells like Burnt Sunflowers" as a non smoking friend once said.

Have a sample finishing up in a few weeks. Such a pretty flower!

Psssst...

Pass it on!

-Joe

Re: Arcata...

Re: Arcata...

Sportster said:
Its a place in No Cal....Humboltd Co. to be more persice ;)

Stay SAFE....

Wait - Sorry . . I missed that . . .WHO is from Arcata?

Me stomps around in Garberville!

SYK

G

WoW, I hope my TW clones turn out that good. I'm really surprised to hear they don't stretch much, but that good news for me. I hate plants that stretch past 3 feet when growing inside. Can't wait to get mine going in a few weeks. Thanks, to all the nice people posting the info on this strain. Helps me out a bunch, what to look for and how they grow. Keep the info coming
Later

poopypants

some of the dankest herb i've ever smoked

some of the dankest herb i've ever smoked

had the pleasure to smoke trainwreck a few times. Don't know how it made it across the country but good enough for me :D
Has an odd smell of lemony gas to it. You'd smoke some and just be stupid. My buddy actually has some in his freezer from a few years ago. I don't know how he kept it that long, but i guess he just smoke as much as he used to.
What ever happend to the seeds Tuck was selling, where they any good,?i wanted to get some but never was able, i need to get my hands on this strain it is just to fucking incredible

DrJay2001

now at peace
"Has an odd smell of lemony gas to it. "

Exactly! Just one Blunt, those are the prettiest Wrecks I've seen. Absolutely lovely!

Yours,
Dr. Jay

Latest posts

Latest posts