What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Train

acespicoli

1704943543761.png

1704943635202.png

1704946606162.png

p37 pur
1704946726742.png

p87

TPFTFW Apr 4, 2014 #1,626

seeds were obtained between 82-84, popped in 86', yes its from the US, pre dutch as i refer to it. not going to go into any more specifics. this is a fine tool to have in the box, lol so i have a skunk thats older than any skunk you have? crazy shit
a fam member has a NL almost 30 years old as well..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

theres that... the very old clone male pollen line, and the very rank indica line

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

View attachment 18945312
BSC Santa_Marta_Colombian - 150 Day Flower
An alternative opinion of Skunk, from my website:

"In 1999, my wife (met the love of my life after the divorce) and I decide to take a cruise to Alaska. I had heard about a place called the Blunt Brothers from the BCGA forum, so I made plans to visit. I walked into the store, lurked around for a while then went up to the counter and asked if he'd seen Vic High around. He gave me a wft look but someone else asked how I knew Vic. I told them via the BCGA site and I was hoping he could hook me up with some BC bud I'd heard so much about. The guy gave me a skeptical look, so I said, "Look, I didn't want to be the first dumbass American to get caught smuggling buds _into_ BC, so I didn't bring any of my own." He started laughing and told me where to go.

A couple of streets down, I go into a basement area of a store, ask "What do you have for sale?" and the guy uncovers a display area with different kinds of buds and hash. Holy fucking moly! I'll take some Skunk, a couple of grams of hash and what was my second choice from Jock, Northern Lights. After we get onboard, my wife and I completely agree, the Skunk smells better but the Northern Lights _is_ better. Both of them are better than the hash, what a supreme disappointment. Tasted like it did in high school but didn't have the same effect. Buds better than hash, imagine that."

From one who was there back in the day, smell isn't everything.

acespicoli

Right
Called Mr, Nice one day and talked to Howard the conversation went along the lines of
How many packs of SSH would I have to buy to find the Piss pheno
Was considering grabbing 3 packs, he agreed that should do it
1705102466810.png

Super Silver Haze
From one who was there back in the day, smell isn't everything.
:huggg: Its more like a mission, look at the strains that went into skunk better as a whole ?
Skunk #1
Wish I had tropical sun...sometimes
Its a toolbox piece to remake SSH or any other hybrid it requires holding separate lines
I dont know if anyone has a great NL ? Id try it! Got 2 NL now #1,#2 not in the pipe yet...

NL x Haze was Sensi best seller go figure 🤷‍♂️
Ive had good widow, jack,

Big stinky sticky buds thats what im missing afghani x skunk
I had one it was a dream and lost it back in the 90's before my 3 year vacation :(
My buddy held it for me and lost it due to security issue, crazy ex not to mention their stinky... oh well
If its meant to be it comes back

good hash (y)
Getting closer ;) thx @CharlesU Farley Best >>>

Last edited:

acespicoli

Except that the people who actually grow skunk also grew northern lights. They still grow skunk.

Maybe their opinion > the guy buying fake hash at the shop?

All my genetics, flavor and effect correlate. Not true for all breeders.
I was thinking about it today the old afghani skunk is a not just about skunk its a very complex scent and taste
even at 20% thc 7% cbd its a very pleasant high on the good cuts, not for everyone ... hazy so some people cant handle it they noid out and get the jitters. I happen to like those racy ones higher tolerance phenos.

Ive had some good ssh and some good jack herer but... its the skunk in them liked
Id smoke a dried up cow patty if it got me high.... NO I want good flavor and smell

spicy hashy garlic onion indescribable musky funk 🤷‍♂️ frankies and church ?
Never had a great NL yet tried the #5 it was grassy tasting the other one was sweet and not without ceiling
Im still open to someone showing me what a good one is ...

Honestly I got to a point where I had to stop smoking from time to time just to get high again...

Thats when you look for the absolute best in the world, dry sifting haze and haze hybrids
Colombians an African Weed like durban and congo thai thcv strains

To me the best skunks the sativa haze lumbo gold shines thru with quick flower and bulky buds
Take a 11 week haze male over a garlic bud female.

Its getting harder an harder to get good reg seed for males...better stock up hold onto what ya got

Last edited:

acespicoli

acrid or “skunky” aroma, with the presence of guaiol, γ-eudesmol, and β-eudesmol

Guaiol is a natural product found in Philotheca fitzgeraldii, Aristolochia asclepiadifolia,
1705629996070.png natural to Australia
gamma-Eudesmol, acetate is a natural product found in Chamaemelum nobile
1705629951461.png
beta-Eudesmol is a natural product found in Rhododendron calostrotum, Rhododendron lepidotum,
1705630209283.png
Click that picture and read more :thinking:
Their smell always makes me this cannabis

It is the national flower of Nepal, the state flower of Washington and West Virginia in the United States, the state flower of Nagaland and Himachal Pradesh in India, the provincial flower of Jiangxi in China and the state tree of Sikkim and Uttarakhand in India. Most species have brightly colored flowers which bloom from late winter through to early summer.[6]

Later, it was recognized that honey resulting from these plants has a slightly hallucinogenic and laxative effect.[81] The suspect rhododendrons are Rhododendron ponticum and Rhododendron luteum (formerly Azalea pontica), both found in northern Asia Minor.

Last edited:

acespicoli

Albert Walker is a mostly indica variety, listed in our database as a clone only strain and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±64 days) and outdoors. .

What do we know about the clone-only Albert Walker?​

The strong roadkill skunk-meets-lemon funk of Albert Walker will overwhelm the smell of many other plants in the grow room. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, but of unknown lineage, this Indica-dominant strain has a positive, relaxing, mood elevating effect that lasts longer than most.

Albert Walker was made popular at Grateful Dead concerts throughout the 1980s and 1990s, but was thought to have originated in the Pacific Northwest earlier than that. The structure and scent suggests that it’s an Afghani Skunk, but nobody knows for sure.

Albert Walker is a finicky and demanding strain that is tough to grow, requiring heavy feedings to maintain healthy growth. It yields well and is very rewarding if properly treated though. Possibly due to the old age of the clone, it is very difficult to clone and grow, but makes great breeding stock. (growing information courtesy of MoonshineMan)

Scent: Pungent lemony-garlic skunk
Flavor: Strong and thick-tasting lemony skunk
Effects: Coming on strong with a wave of heat to the head and chest, Albert Walker uplifts the mood and provides a good deal of mental energy at first. It changes it character after a short time though, turning into more of a euphoric and relaxing Indica effect. Good body relaxation, anti-anxiety, mood elevation, and appetite stimulation qualities.

Type: Indica-dominant hybrid
Genetics: Thought to be an old Afghani Skunk
Geographic Origin: Afghanistan, then to the Pacific Northwest
Flowering Time: 60 - 67 days

11041405652233636_2x.jpg

Clone only by admin

Rare Dankness and Archive no one sells pure AW at this time so far as I know, only crosses and they are unlikely to respond to requests to see pictures of the cut, I have asked many times...
forum member here at ic has verified clones if and when S1s happen will post pictures

Clone Only Strains Albert Walker - photo made by admin

Last edited:

acespicoli

Hey folks ,

I am happy to share that I will hop on the skunk train this OD season towards history :)

Proudly present M39 aka Skunk1 Basic 5 hybrid (aka Shiva Skunk?)
F3 sounds really catchy to me :love:
View attachment 18950514 View attachment 18950515 View attachment 18950516 View attachment 18950517
Yes, very interesting will be looking forward to your progress with these. Many phenos to hunt in these early crosses best thing is to get a seedrun as many seeds as possible. Then start the work of sifting thru all those types until you know the line so well you know what a seedling will turn into before it matures.
Hope you find what your looking for.

>>>Best>ibes to you, and best of luck on your search :huggg:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought M39 was a Freisland plant? Sounds great Calle, cant wait to see how those do next year out in the yard!

That Albert Walker looks and sounds like an outstanding plant!
Unknown lineage. Wonder how homozygous it is?

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Yes, very interesting will be looking forward to your progress with these. Many phenos to hunt in these early crosses best thing is to get a seedrun as many seeds as possible. Then start the work of sifting thru all those types until you know the line so well you know what a seedling will turn into before it matures.
Hope you find what your looking for.
it’s excactly my approach:)

I need to discuss with my wife maybe she allows me a small motherbox and I can save each plant otherwise I am sure I will find a growmie to help me :)

I will pop all 9 seeds - fingers crossed!

M39 was a Freisland
M33 it’s Friesland Indica - I have some seeds as well but it’s already >F7 I guess

IMG_6711.jpeg

IMG_6715.jpeg

Thanks for the kinds wishes I will do my best :)

acespicoli

I thought M39 was a Freisland plant? Sounds great Calle, cant wait to see how those do next year out in the yard!

That Albert Walker looks and sounds like an outstanding plant!
Unknown lineage. Wonder how homozygous it is?
I have heard that the S1s come out nice most people dropped the clones due to lack of vigor
The other issue they cited was as the clone got older it was reluctant to root of failed altogether.
Selfing usually will fix that and hopefully 2 out of 10 plants are looking identical to the clone.
Searching thru 100 will definately assure you have a good one unfortunately im a little limited.
If someone wants to run some big numbers in the future that would be great.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Albert Walker must be a really good profile if the plant is a baby. Cuts can lose vigor though.

Mean Gene from Freeborn Genetics from Mendecino was saying may be able to find the plant you want in a hybrid rather than the original seed stock. Parents have been selected for desirable traits so usually they pop up in the offspring. Plus in F1 hybrids you have the added benefit of hybrid vigor, especially when breeding true breeding lines.

Latest posts

Latest posts