What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Train wreck

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
TK my brother now that momma is a BEAST!!!! :eek:
Many grower would go hiding under the bed after seeing that when the lights go on...and imo it is very much easier to get a big yield from a clone vegged for one year but nota motherplant, motherplants are usually very bushy -> has a lot to do with the style one likes to clone/cut the plants but anyway, very different situation. Our Bogglegum mother yielded the same amount as a one month vegged Bogglegum plant, I used to have some pics but well..:D

est1977

WoW Tk MY peeps have been offering me tw for a while i keep saying no i think im gonna say yes next time they ask. lol Beautiful pics

ORYGUN Grower

Train Wreck

Train Wreck

With so much talk about this strain I'd thought I'd add my experience with growing it.

This is my second round with her. The first round I had to harvest prematurely due to some environmental issues. Still quite potent at 45 days.

Second round was a charm. I went almost 70 days in flower with her to maximize yield and couchiness.

True about the menthol lemon pledge smell/ flavor and knock down potentcy, and rock-hard spear type buds.

However Train wreck doesn't smoke all that great imho. Tends to really be kinda harsh unless your cure it out for a month or two in mason jars.

I've only been curing about two weeks now.

Overall a classic and keeper.

G

holy shit , texas
thats a tainwreck!
damn well you already know thats ALOT of good dope ejoy it bro :)

G

I "Texas sized" it Jojo

Looks like another Trainwrecked summer, gotta love that!

Tex

G

Looking very good there Tex :wink:

Trainwreck is some special herb for me, cant get enough of it. Just thought i would drop a pic here of a particulary nice pheno i found in JJ's S1's..anyone else any info of any other henos found in S1's 2's etc..this one went a full 30 days longer than usual, has a great and real ungent smell. The high from her is awesome really phsycoactive..despite the flowering time being longer the soar is the same, although this pheno has a real cerabal lockout if abused, you could walk if your head would come of the table. A trait of the Mexican Sats maybe? This plant has a mutation from seed, displaying the classic creeper pheno traits as defined by RCC and depicted in his pic.

I used this one in a cross with a outstanding male Crystal Loco from JJ, he was the best in 5 packs of the CL's and crosses..real great smells and structure that he imparted to other test crosses too. Its worked out well and the plants so far show a real leaning towards the Sativa side of the Wreck, great smells, good structure and massive crystal formation on the stems and fan leaves too. Looks real good to me so far. Im going backcross and see what sticks, lol..

Have fun and take care!

Bests, Queijo

G

The Trainwreck I run is from clone and looks nothing like the Trainwreck that I have seen from JJ's S1 seeds.

The Arcata cut of Trainwreck seems to have alot more afghani in it I guess. The Arcata cut's leaf structure looks more like an indica dom plant and the growth characteristics are a little more sativa leaning. The bud formation is quite a bit different from whats pictured by JJ grows.

It would be interesting to see what different pheno's have been discovered in the S1 gene pool.

Tex

Last edited:
G

Here's a picture of the TW i used to grow and will in the future. Very good stuff and can't wait to smoke some again.
Later
63TrainWreck_7-20.JPG

G

That's a trip BG, because I know I have the same cut as that picture shown but the leaf structure on mine doesn't look like that very much anymore. It is leaning more toward an indica dom appearence, more fatty than super thin like it was a year or so ago.

Some clones that I run strait with no topping will have that full on Sativa look but when I train or supercrop they take on a more indica appearence.

Craziness I tell ya

Tex

G

Tex, BG........that cut in my OP has shorter leaf blades than BGs shot. and somewhat wider like Tex is describin. shes gets a real fuzzy feel late in flower, laden with trics.

CBF

G

Mines looking alot closer to your pic now CBF

It did have a super sativa look way back when I first started with her.

I bet she knows I prefer indicas and she's tryin to please me, man I love this girl.hehe

Tex

G

It's wild, because the both of you have the same cut. There was no chance of a mix up, because nothing else was rady at the time to be cut. I think maybe the way a person grows a strain can cause the genes to do different things. It my guess at the question. I know for a fact that all three are the same plant, because i did all the cutting myself. :) It's really nice to still see her around doing so well and i can't wait till the day comes. When i can get her back. Nice grow the both of you and TK. That's one HUGH mother plant. Your maxing them out as always. Love the color of yours CBF. nice and dark.
Take care the both of you.

Tarbosh

My 02 on the TW from No Cal

My 02 on the TW from No Cal

so as far as my 2 cents takes me, I think trainwreck is a good strain and I would not mind smoking it any day of the week. However, if I have my way everyday I prob wouldnt find time for it in my smoking schedule. Its great high, but getting there, well isnt all its cracked up to be. I just think it has a little too much bite and not enough high behind it, sure its a great sativa high but its got no handle on the great sativas like kali mist or ssh, I mean personally I would prefer a blueberry over a wreck anyday. but thats just me. and if Im in No Cal, Im not looking for the wreck b/c thats everywhere. Im looking for the Purps, Purple Kush, OG Kush or Mothership, maybe even some Blue Widow thats where the genetics are really at. Least thats my perspective on the situation at hand on this year old thread.... :friends: :joint:

G

TW is definitly a good plant, great aroma, finishes fast(blows cindy away) the taste is real top shelf, in other words it takes some gettin used to.

there are many fine strains around, but TW can stand on its own with lots of weed. one of the better clones floatin around. wouldnt mind gettin hold of the weeper pheno. a true classic.

BG,Tex............I have a few grow buddies in the local area, both runnin boomers. and all are bud is different. they run my clones and even bud structure is different. your OP makes a huge diff. have seen many plants run together with different nutes, very big diff in bud and color.

Im a true believer when ya find a favorite you have to run it in a few diferent enviorments to find the best it has to offer. Chem/dawg is the same strain(my understandin) but there is such a huge diff runnin hydro/chem compared to organic that it carries a different name. the chemmy hydro bud is actually better than the organic. LOL

CBF

G

CBF said:
TW is definitly a good plant, great aroma, finishes fast(blows cindy away) the taste is real top shelf, in other words it takes some gettin used to.

there are many fine strains around, but TW can stand on its own with lots of weed. one of the better clones floatin around. wouldnt mind gettin hold of the weeper pheno. a true classic.

BG,Tex............I have a few grow buddies in the local area, both runnin boomers. and all are bud is different. they run my clones and even bud structure is different. your OP makes a huge diff. have seen many plants run together with different nutes, very big diff in bud and color.

Im a true believer when ya find a favorite you have to run it in a few diferent enviorments to find the best it has to offer. Chem/dawg is the same strain(my understandin) but there is such a huge diff runnin hydro/chem compared to organic that it carries a different name. the chemmy hydro bud is actually better than the organic. LOL

CBF

You hit the nail on the head CBF. Like i said in my Opion. It all depends on the grower and how they grow them out. Your right about the Chemo. I've also heard its alot better grown with chemicals and not organic. As for the Wreck, she's one of my babies and i love her. The genes are dead on with the three of use and everyone can see the difference. This picture was grown under a
600HPS
PBP Grow and Budding Nuts
Liquid Karam
Cal-Mag Pro
Kool Bloom

but, it also depends on the PPM and feeding times and duration. There is alot that comes to play and everyone knows it. It funny to see the same clones from the same mother growing different. Well, glad to see everyone's input. Love the sharing of information on this lovely plant.
Take care everyone

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
bg - I'm growing out 6 clone TW girls now - soil under a 600 HPS - would love my girls to look half as nice as your pic above. Beeauuuteeeeful :joint: :canabis:

G

Thanks, they don't take much care. Pretty easy plant to grow. For me atleast, but this picture. Is the picture of the first run and after that run. They were alot better looking and yield alot more buds. Still, i like this picture and plant. You should do really well under the 600HPS with clones. If all goes well with your grow. You should pull about 2oz per a plant with a good veg and some training. Thanks again and good luck

Latest posts

Latest posts