What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

toxic masculinity

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Remember this is the speakers corner put here to expose the absolute truth

if this causes distributive emotions in one's self one should look in the mirror and assesses their own choices such as asking for this type of thing and then being offended when one gets what one wants.

this is so high blown its blowing right over my head. use normal words please.

spekers corrner is for debate, sharing political views, philosophy anything really. as long as its civil. no personal attacks.

so lets go back to that accusation you made multiple times that your character is being attacked. pls show proof.

the one about looking in the mirror is alway good advise.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
great so masculinity is the noun and toxicity is the type of masculine expression and not a definition thereof.

this means masculinity is not toxic in and of itself but rather masculinity can have a toxic quality

this is the very point I made

you say i should look in the mirror and its good advise, but do you ever do it?

if its really only about describing the negative male traits, then why do you care so much about the order the 2 words are used in?

never mind that the word toxic is in of its self very harsh. not all male bad traits are the same. why not be specific? seems to me who ever coined this term was interested in a war of the sexes, splitting us appart against each other once again. thats actually the only reason im maintaining my side of the debate.

its important people understand the devisive nature of the term and the exagerated way its used. is man spreading toxic? well whats rape then? are they now all to be collectively seens as the same and labeled as typycally male behaiviours?

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- if you haven't figured it out yet gaiusmarius - our friend Weird likes to play the victim - where useful -

*anyway - was cruising around the internet and came up with this graph - Apparently us British men feel less masculine than American men - If masculinity means having a big truck and lots-a-guns - then I cannot compete - lol

picture.php

spekers corrner is for debate, sharing political views, philosophy anything really. as long as its civil. no personal attacks.

so lets go back to that accusation you made multiple times that your character is being attacked. pls show proof.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran

I did and yet you act as if I did not then state you don't understand my words. Imagine being so sure of something you don't understand. I don't doubt your capacity so I am left to assume you are emotionally triggered and avoiding mature direct dialog.

If you have some sagely wisdom to clarify I am wrong I would be glad to hear it.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8961735&postcount=120

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I did and yet you act as if I did not then state you don't understand my words. Imagine being so sure of something you don't understand. I don't doubt your capacity so I am left to assume you are emotionally triggered and avoiding mature direct dialog.

If you have some sagely wisdom to clarify I am wrong I would be glad to hear it.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8961735&postcount=120

hehe, tails you winn heads i lose, yes? lmao ok bud. if thats what you have to say about all my posts on this subject after actually reading them, then i am at a loss as to what more i could possibly say. maybe if i bring it back to 1 basic idea

an adjective describes the noun.

you seem to know what adjectives and nouns are right?

also you still dint back up your accusations of being attacked? it seems you want to just ignore that, but im a mod, i can help you. show me the personal attack on your character or take back that accusation.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
hehe, tails you winn heads i lose, yes? lmao ok bud. if thats what you have to say about all my posts on this subject after actually reading them, then i am at a loss as to what more i could possibly say. maybe if i bring it back to 1 basic idea

an adjective describes the noun.

you seem to know what adjectives and nouns are right?

also you still dint back up your accusations of being attacked? it seems you want to just ignore that, but im a mod, i can help you. show me the personal attack on your character or take back that accusation.

by alluding to my lack of proper format you use a defect in my character as a straw man to avoid the point

is it an awful attack? lol no I couldn't care outside of it avoiding the topic since it is counter intuitive to the discussion.

It does underline what many here struggle to grasp

In this case interpreting toxic masculinity as meaning all masculinity is toxic is in and of itself toxic masculinity.

WHY? Because it indicates that the person is emotionally (ego) interpreting the term in as defining their own masculinity and reacting to that notion without taking the time to consider that masculinity is dynamic and can be expressed positively and negatively.

The emotional attachment expressed here often mirrors that of adolescent development. Now as someone who has mental illness and treated it with cannabis I find any excuses for lack of development unreasonable in light of the fact we all share appreciate for the same medicine. So don't expect me to coddle anyone here.

I don't ever enter these conversations with a sharp sword, always soft and nice like. However I won't suffer bullying, manipulation or slights against humanity and sharply call that shit out for exactly what is is.

There is an old "European" expression about approaching a bull by the horns that comes to mind. Hmmm wonder where I heard it from?

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
because your point about language is wrong, an adjective before a noun decribes the noun, the whole noun not just the negative parts of the noun.

once again i bring up my "blue car" example...

must mean all cars are blue, according to your logic?

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i remember the "me too" movement didn't really take off until terry cruz came forward with his own sexual assault story.

people in positions of power taking advantage for sexual favors or to cover for their sexual predation... it's an age-old tradition. it's even a popular trope for tv and movies.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
by alluding to my lack of proper format you use a defect in my character as a straw man to avoid the point

is it an awful attack? lol no I couldn't care outside of it avoiding the topic since it is counter intuitive to the discussion.

It does underline what many here struggle to grasp

In this case interpreting toxic masculinity as meaning all masculinity is toxic is in and of itself toxic masculinity.

WHY? Because it indicates that the person is emotionally (ego) interpreting the term in as defining their own masculinity and reacting to that notion without taking the time to consider that masculinity is dynamic and can be expressed positively and negatively.

The emotional attachment expressed here often mirrors that of adolescent development. Now as someone who has mental illness and treated it with cannabis I find any excuses for lack of development unreasonable in light of the fact we all share appreciate for the same medicine. So don't expect me to coddle anyone here.

I don't ever enter these conversations with a sharp sword, always soft and nice like. However I won't suffer bullying, manipulation or slights against humanity and sharply call that shit out for exactly what is is.

There is an old "European" expression about approaching a bull by the horns that comes to mind. Hmmm wonder where I heard it from?

so basically, grammer and the meaning of words is toxic masculinity? ok i get it.

you are so indoctrinated to believe what some commie marxist profesor has tought you that you are prepared to defy basic logic.

accroding to you we all have to relearn the english language to understand the meaning or words or phrases differently?

so instead of just admitting im right, you want to remake the rules of english? will you be setting the rules down some where, or will it just be re done when ever its convinient to some new way to devide people against each other rather then unify them against the ruling oppressor elites?

but then you go further and insunuate because i don't bow down blindly to your faulty logic and misunderstanding of english, im now a toxic male.

can't you see this term is devisive af?

btw you still didnt show any attacks on you, or your character? im asking for the third time to back up that accusation with a quoted post. you can't just go around playing the victim without backing it up.

ic mag has no victim points, the only thing we judge you by is the content of your posts.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
once again i bring up my "blue car" example...

must mean all cars are blue, according to your logic?

youre losing me with this metaphor. how is it comparable.

if i say all cars are blue, its wrong.

if i say blue car then it means the blue cars.

but are you really seriously comparing the color blue, with the adjective; toxic?

its not remotely the same thing and i think you know it. no one would care if you insinuate all cars are blue, they'd just laugh and think you are color blind.

look we get tought things that are wrong some times, some times we get tought agenda driven stuff, sometimes its pure indoctrination by a mentor. that doesn't mean it always has to be right. sometimes you have to let logic guide you and refine your terminology to promote the best out come. specially when its about a devisive issue like this.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
In this case interpreting (the term) "toxic masculinity" as meaning all masculinity is toxic is in and of itself toxic masculinity.

hope you don't mind my slightly altering the wording in your post, Weird. i agree. no one who is comfortable with themselves is going to feel as if THEY are being attacked. an excellent interpretation you have postulated. "Positively AND negatively." absolutely...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
"criminal administration" means all admin are criminal?

gaius?

again you bring comparisons that don't work. criminal administration is not a complete phrase, it depends on further words, like the , the.

but the more important difference is that administration does not represent 48% of humanity, like the term masculinity does. again i think you can see the difference, you just searching.

ill make a deal with you, lets refer to all negative female traits as toxic feminisity, then ill go along with toxic masculinity?

how does that sound?

i hope it sounds bad to you, as its the same devisive shit. can't we find way to talk about problems, that are not toxic and devisive?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hope you don't mind my slightly altering the wording in your post, Weird. i agree. no one who is comfortable with themselves is going to feel as if THEY are being attacked. an excellent interpretation you have postulated. "Positively AND negatively." absolutely...

i don't feel attacked, where does that come from?

i'm just trying to explain the problem with this term. use it as much as you want, but know it for what it is, devisive.

you guys seem to confuse debate with attack. still no proof of anyone attacking Weirds character or personally. so yeah thanks for your input.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
In this case interpreting (the term) "toxic masculinity" as meaning all masculinity is toxic is in and of itself toxic masculinity.

roflmao circular logic at its best. ok then as i don't want to be a toxic male ill just stop responding to you, lol. you didnt give me any other way out, but you sure showed people how this works.

agree with me or you are a toxic male!

completely ignoring everything i've said through out the thread.

no wonder you cancel people, you can't debate for shit. agree or your a nazi, agree or your a toxic male, agree or your a racist, agree or your a mysoginist, agree or your a homophobe, agree or else is what it comes down to. screw that as Cartman would say.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i don't feel attacked, where does that come from?

i'm just trying to explain the problem with this term. use it as much as you want, but know it for what it is, devisive.

you guys seem to confuse debate with attack. still no proof of anyone attacking Weirds character or personally. so yeah thanks for your input.

did i use your name? i think he has explained it very well myself. this IS a debate...and the term is only divisive if YOU think so? he explained how it could be toxic or not already.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
did i use your name? i think he has explained it very well myself. this IS a debate...and the term is only divisive if YOU think so? he explained how it could be toxic or not already.

seriously, i missed that, where did Weird explain it could be toxic? can you link the post?

btw yes i do think it's devisive, but not only that the rules of english make it devisive when used in that order.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
to be clear i am not angry and dont feel attacked, Weird has his right to free speech here. i do not hold it against anyone if they disagree with what im saying. full respect for making your position known. i don't agree or understand it, but can fully agree to disagree, live and let live etc.

Last edited: