What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

experienced

Anyone who has told you that freezing is painless has never frozen a limb. Eventually when hypothermia sets in, and the senses are lost, then it may become painless. But up until that point, frozen feet and frozen hands can feel like walking on red-hot coals or handling them.

No, when it's my time, it'll either be an effective narcotic cocktail or inert gases. I'm into expediency, efficiency, and painlessness whenever possible. Consider it part of old-age lethargy.

Edit: My father ODed, and froze to death as an add-on (February 1968). My sister, never to be outdone by others, accomplishments, ODed, slit her wrists, and froze to death (Maybe Winter 2000 or 2001). My brother went down as a gunshot suicide (August 1994), but I'm fairly confident his roommate shot him and helped to make it look like a self-inflicted gunshot.

As stated earlier, my mother ODed on acetaminophen/Tylenol (November 1993), though the determination of 'suicide' by the ME was removed and changed to 'undetermined' as there was insufficient evidence that it was clearly intentional.

Me, I think my referenced and preferred methods are adequate unto themselves, and there's no need to subject oneself to the cold and uncomfortable extremes if the other aspects are handled properly.

But I'm still in the game for now.
Good one, Moose! I hope my going is painless too (altho I have not yet considered means). Amazing family history by the way!!!!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hanging out...got my Trulicity refill but I think it's why I barf all the time. Comes in allergy EpiPen thing...I don't think I'm going to use it anymore. Lost 10 pounds but cut out 8 hours of sleep and naps, junkfood, milk...still going on 2-3 mile walks everyday, eating vegetables and protein powder. I think that's what lost me the 10 pounds. "Doctor" said it was perfectly fine to take a diabetes medication in EpiPen form and it wouldn't affect my pancreas or blood sugar or liver etc. Been on it 3 months + with no results. Stay away from Trulicity unless you have diabetes. Probably not supposed to take diabetes drugs if you don't have diabetes. Did I tell you about my new prescription glasses that give me far-sightedness? Not sure how that goblin is practicing.

Three Berries

My job for the day. Beautiful day BTW at near 80F.

I want to cut the legs off and move it over the pipe sticking up in the left background, somehow. probably 400-500 lbs.
jacked outhouse.jpg

moose eater

"Yeah, maybe ..."?

You Grumpy Left-Brain-Fixed Old Fart! What about all of us? You wouldn't even have 'met' us if you hadn't aged.

And I just realised you wouldn't be able to complain even, if you hadn't aged. So that's something!
Complaining and worrying are now credentialed professions in my life.

All courtesy of aging.

I'm still not so sure it's a gift, however. Many times recently it feels far more like a prison sentence or curse, or like the Cosmos is saying, "Yeah? Take THIS motherfucker!!"

The curmudgeon in me stays alive another day just to flip the middle digit toward the sky and ask, "Is that all you've got??!! My infant children could hit harder than that, 20-some years ago!!"

So far, though, I think the Cosmos knows I'm bluffing. I'm shrinking at the thought of the next go-round. And I believe the Cosmos is aware of that.

I need a bigger Cosmos to rough-handle the one kicking my ass.

moose eater

"Yeah, maybe ..."?

You Grumpy Left-Brain-Fixed Old Fart! What about all of us? You wouldn't even have 'met' us if you hadn't aged.

And I just realised you wouldn't be able to complain even, if you hadn't aged. So that's something!
And I'm right brained; left-handed since long before they tried to 'compel' me to be different.

Though I do shoot a rifle right-handed, a handgun mostly left-handed, a submachine gun ambidextrously, and bat mostly right-handed. Forced conventionality may have crossed some wires inadvertently during the process of attempted and failed conditioning re. hand-writing dominance.

moose eater

I had an old gray wool Kangol hat that I often refer to the basic design of these things as 'Scottish driving caps.'

It was more or less the right size for me, and I often prefer gray in such a wool cap, but unlike many of my other Scottish driving caps, it has/had an elastic sort of internal band under the circumference of the base where it clings to the head and would walk up and off my head a bit, making it less than functional.

Years ago I had given it to my younger son, and it performed similarly for his head size as it did for mine.

So it ended up on my wife's peg board in the bedroom, where it hung on a pin for years.

Lately my wife's been taking mundane 'loose parts' hanging around the house, and in her 'off hours' in need of a project to un-focus or decompress from her work, she's been doing crafts, including beading up a storm. And she's a very good artist where beading is concerned. (*She's an established artist in my view, in many mediums, including homemade ceramic decorative tile, etc.). She's done other hats, portraits in natural stick frames hung on chain wire, etc.

She just finished my old unusable Kangol gray wool hat this morning. I was impressed.

And I suspect the now-noteworthy weight of the thing will likely interrupt at least a bit of its tendency to 'walk' up and off the head on which it sits.

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

Makes a person want to eat a hit of acid, no?

Last edited: