What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

moose eater

I have never had to deal with a hot water system. Oil. Natural Gas. Electric. But never hot water. I don't think that I miss the experience. Good luck. :rasta:
It's on an Energy Kinetics 'Resolute' model, which is, to some degree, a condensing boiler, unlike the EK-1 and EK-2 models. We have retro-fitted hot water baseboard here.

Used to have a VERY early model of an EK-1, years ago. A lot less adjustment, cleaning and tuning with this model, though the stack temp running close to 100 to 150 degrees f. lower than the other types of EK boilers, means icing at the flue somtimes..

Not sure, but based on my boiler guy's instruction to 'drive safely', I'm guessing he'd been in a recent fracus on the highway/road. I know he's not here yet, so something's up, and as long as we have heat, regardless of marginal regulation of it, we're not in crisis mode.

We've had JUST the right dew point and particulate snow this year, with a fast freeze-up in Fall, that the roads have been GLAZED like a mo-fo.

For now I'm regulating heat on the upper floor by throttling back no the ball valves beneath and above the fried zone valve motor.

The pups nor my wife like a hot bedroon, which is the entire upper floor on a 3-story home, and for now, when one zone runs elsewhere, regulating heat to the top floor via the current make-shift method, when ever another zone calls for heat, the top floor catches some of the circulation.

Me? I just toss off the blankie and sleep under the flannel sheet.

"This too shall pass."

Last edited:

Three Berries

Mind over matter......

I figure I went through about 80k lbs of rip rap concrete and loose gravel waste so far this year to line my pond bank. Nothing but my mower and the two carts. Bearings and tires went out on the dump cart.

View attachment 18789831
East end of pond bank filled.jpg

About a 4-5ft vertical face. I filled it with dead wood and a lot of gravel/cement dust/dirt

Reactions: Gry

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
This is the oldest narrative carving (a fancy name for a cartoon) found. It dates from the Neolithic – the 9th millennium BC or about 11,000 years ago. And what does it show?

A sitting guy on the left (with an erection) is about to get gored by a bull. The guy on the right is holding his dick and he is being attacked by 2 leopards.

78044-2.jpg

I think early man had a dick fetish. We haven’t changed much.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Beyond bizarre IMO. This is how the Saudis are gonna make sustainable “nature”:

And they are doing it, or something:

Worse than me trying to grow in a tent.

moose eater

Another 3.5 inches of snow on the ground this AM, to continue (presumably to a lesser degree) through the day.

2 trips to town today with the truck and primary utlity trailer; a frighter snowmobile my son permitted to get fucked up, and, ironically, the track-driev snowblower.

Only Murphy would arrange a day in moderate 'sugar' snow, where the snowblower is scheduled to be elsewhere, so I'm out to do a high-speed clearing of now before departing with the snowmobile.

The shop doing what was supposed to be my younger son's job on the snowblower is not necessarily an adept shop, per past performance, and may or may not be ready (space wise) for the blower; we'll see.

At this time, if I could push the snowblower job back by a day or a day and a half, that would be cool, except for the fact that my wife's car needs to be at the shop tomorrow AM.

Sugar snow; no compaction to speak of, traction like driving through beach sand, and slippery as all hell on glazed polished ice of the sort the less experienced urbanian drivers tend to leave on the roads, especially at intersections, where they often seem to believe that if they're spinning in a 2-wheel-drive vehicle when taking off, then more gas is the answer. Leaves a polished glaze of ignorance and ice at the stop signs.

Ought to be a lovely fucking day.

I see green tea and coffee as a necessary moment this morning.

moose eater

Another 3.5 inches of snow on the ground this AM, to continue (presumably to a lesser degree) through the day.

2 trips to town today with the truck and primary utlity trailer; a frighter snowmobile my son permitted to get fucked up, and, ironically, the track-driev snowblower.

Only Murphy would arrange a day in moderate 'sugar' snow, where the snowblower is scheduled to be elsewhere, so I'm out to do a high-speed clearing of now before departing with the snowmobile.

The shop doing what was supposed to be my younger son's job on the snowblower is not necessarily an adept shop, per past performance, and may or may not be ready (space wise) for the blower; we'll see.

At this time, if I could push the snowblower job back by a day or a day and a half, that would be cool, except for the fact that my wife's car needs to be at the shop tomorrow AM.

Sugar snow; no compaction to speak of, traction like driving through beach sand, and slippery as all hell on glazed polished ice of the sort the less experienced urbanian drivers tend to leave on the roads, especially at intersections, where they often seem to believe that if they're spinning in a 2-wheel-drive vehicle when taking off, then more gas is the answer. Leaves a polished glaze of ignorance and ice at the stop signs.

Ought to be a lovely fucking day.

I see green tea and coffee as a necessary moment this morning.
Back from dropping off of the snowmobile, eating a bite, then move the vehicles that are plugged in, pre-heating, so I can finish blowing the drive before forfeiting my snowblower in the early afternoon.

Let the shop with the snow-go know that I expect my younger son (who works there), and his compadre' to not have -anything- at all to do with it. Not to even start it to move it, or even to clean snow from it. His and his buddy's hearts aren't in the proper place to be dinking with my gear at this time. May never be.

Roads were POLISHED, even on the highways. We're about 20 miles out (each trip is 40 miles total), and the road maintenance guy in our 'hood finally did their job, after a cumulative (nearly) 10" of snow had been compacted, etc. They're supposed to grade our gravel roads about every 4-5" of snowfall, but with the climate change, our summers are more moderate, lacking the higher temps we once saw, and more wet. And our winters are more timid too, warmer, with WAY more snowfall.

Fortunately a trailer can sometimes act as sort of a parachute or anchor, providing the slipping and sliding doesn't get too terribly radical.

Came home most of the way in 4-wheel drive, even at 50-55 on the highway. It was that polished.

One more trip to go after lunch, feeding mother plants, and doing a brisk final-final on the drievway with the soon-to-be absent snowblower..

I used to love winter.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
glad you've made it back safe. i've never pulled a trailer in anything but rain. thinking about dragging one for forty mile on buffed ice does not interest me in the least... i can see it jacknifing behind me in my mirror as the rear end of my truck loses it's grip... :yoinks: :ROFLMAO: having an imagination is hard on a fella.

moose eater

glad you've made it back safe. i've never pulled a trailer in anything but rain. thinking about dragging one for forty mile on buffed ice does not interest me in the least... i can see it jacknifing behind me in my mirror as the rear end of my truck loses it's grip... :yoinks: :ROFLMAO: having an imagination is hard on a fella.
Never throttle or decelerate too abruptly on polished ice or overflow, whether on a snowmobile on the lakes/rivers, or in a car/truck, etc.

That trailer (and truck) has to get way out of whack before it can do the do with a jack-knife, etc.. Paying -really- close attention to any sort of untoward movement that wasn't caused on purpose is part of the key. My equilibrium is already off kilter, so it adds to my perceiving any (even) subtle slide. The 'fuzzyness' feels more fuzzy, and I correct. :)

When you feel that slightly rolled ridge on the right side of the lane near the shoulder start to allow the ass-end to go where you didn't direct it to, even a couple inches or less, slowly decelerating (NOT with the brake!!) until the truck understands you're in charge, is often what pulls it through, typically straightening out the trailer too.

Too old to appreciate adrenaline like that any more.

Last edited:

moose eater

I searched for 'The 10 Best Hypoallergenic Pillows' online. Not too surprisingly, the My Pillow guy isn't on that list, which I was thankful for.

My wife brought up getting me better pillows for Christmas. I told her that I've had enough Christmas stuff, special for me, to last the remainder of my life, we have more medicla bills coming (budget stuff that I watch), and to skip it. She replied, "Fine, I'll get them for us, and if you use them, so be it."

Been searching the North American Continent, though not completed yet in my search, looking for a used, excellent condition, steering cover (Ski Doo's term) for my larger freighter snowmachine. So far no luck, and I may need to look specifically at states where there's lots of downhill remote ski trails, as that's one place such a machine would've been used as a trail-groomer.

Dozens of calls and emails thus far, and zero hits. Tenacity aids in such a project, but I'm also very aware that if the thing comes from a parts yard in Canada, as some of my parts for other vehicles have in the past, Canada Post will be a whole 'nother animal, in re. to meeting budgetary and time constraints.

Been there and done that.. several times.

At -30 f. however, such a search indoors on a computer makes a lot more sense than any outdoor chores.

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Lately I have been playing with hash layering. A toke of this on top of a little of that, cruise for a while, then throw on nice small bowl of a hammer . . . and repeat etc etc. I have endless combination possibilities . . . . :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts