What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Gry

Veteran
We couldn't find any results for mushroom spore syringes'

Try searching for something else instead?

Some daze ...

Gry

Veteran
Admire the way it tells us that we cannot vote twice on a subject as the number increases.

buzzmobile

Veteran
kilroy.jpg

He was there too.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
So I had a Grand Mac. A bigger Big Mac. It was as big as a Big Mac should be. But now I won't need another one this decade . . . :rasta:

moose eater

The physical therapist says I should lay off the tree-cutting a bit, and maybe do lighter work for a bit. But now that my metabolism is back closer to what it ought to be (though still a ways to go), more down-time is a path that leads to too much snacking, too much television, etc.

So today I repaired a couple of our old compact digital Nikon cameras, so I can upload pics of the girls as they are today, as well as the 2 Satori plants that are expressing ugly deformities in several of their primary branches' leaves.

That, and I ran new poly-rope through the 32' extension ladder, as we've had a number of trees that were too close to a neighbor's property line, or electrical and telephone lines. We've been using that specific ladder to run rope up in the trees, attaching it to a come-along, via a cable routed through a pulley, so the operator of the come-along can stand off to the side, rather than pulling the trees down on themselves.

Last couple of straggler potatoes, late-comers of the Lehigh variety, have popped their sprouting tentacles up through the soil in the spud garden, so we're verging on close to 160 or 170 potato plants in the spud garden, made up of 5 different varieties. Still have a bunch of R3d Thumb spuds that are late in arriving, but they were slow to show last year as well. Don't care for them, but they were in storage and ugly enough that planting was all they were good for.

Late sprouting, short-season squash are all up, the snow peas are going ape shit, we'll have enough Red cabbage for sauerkraut and coleslaw sufficient to drown us later this summer. Several varieties of tomatoes are getting nice and full with blossoms waiting for pollinators, the raspberry arbor is pruned back from the install of the new septic system last Fall, but still more than we'll be able to pick or eat, and the marigolds are nicely blooming, too.

Lettuce is about ready to pick and eat, sparingly, and the beans are looking good, as well.

Ate a few marble-size strawberries out around one of the rhubarb plants, as well as those that are ripe near the backyard fire pit.

Now it's getting on time to get the stiffness out of my legs, and go kill some of the aspen trees down at the lower end of the property. My body and spirit don't feel like being productive today, physically, but I suspect I can make them get that way anyway; use it or lose it..

moose eater

I think I omitted the Scarlet Nantes carrots, the purple and early snowball cauliflower, and the myriad of struggling pepper varieties. Apologies to the excluded veggies; it wasn't personal.

Wood cutting continues.

Once I get my desk-top computer back form the shop, I can begin up-loading the previously mentioned photos... I hope.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Once I get my desk-top computer back form the shop, I can begin up-loading the previously mentioned photos... I hope.

For the aforementioned 'excluded veggies' I offer up the same mantra applied to fishing🎣. Pictures or it did not happen. The purple cauliflower is taking it hard.

Most of the soot is washed away.
:D