What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

buzzmobile

Veteran
ab, cum, de, pro, in, e, sub, sine

Fr. Farren taught me that the words above are prepositions in Latin. I can still recite my declension endings. He was fearsome and prone to wipe sweat from his forehead and then to fling the aforementioned beads o'sweat with a shouted "Sappo!" in the face of the poor student who did not know -a -ae -ae -am -a -ae -arum -is -as -is.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Free weed? Just received some from some folks who came to get the aspen we're gifting to those who desire it, for firewood.

We've been selectively clearing some of the property below the house, in preparation for a dwelling, and my younger son has been running ads on social media re. folks being able to come and get the wood; it helps us clear away the swag (we're leaving the spruce alone, but for thinning, and we don't burn much wood here), and the no-shows have been horrendous.

No one is permitted to come to the property when we're not present, in order to minimize any theft of spruce trees, and many folks seem to think that setting a time for wood-getting doesn't require cancellation calls; like the folks who place ads on craigslist but never take them down. Irresponsibility abounds.

But no one involved in this process has attempted to gift us anything, until yesterday. A fellow with a small truck, carrying minimal loads at a time, told my younger son he was going to bring us a decent package of farm fresh chicken and duck eggs in exchange for our letting folks take the wood. Again, my perspective is they're helping to clear wood we don't burn and wouldn't sell, so it's a draw. But this fellow insisted on gifting the chicken and duck eggs. (*I can't eat them at the moment, due to a vegan cancer diet, but my family can).

As if that wasn't enough, he sent word that today he would bring me a bag of weed, as further gift of appreciation for the wood. (*The guy's driving all of 90 miles round-trip to get b-grade firewood, in my opinion). And, voila!! Today he gifted me three 1/8's, all of which are strains of noteworthy review, no swag, covered in fine trichomes, and one with predominant presence of beautiful, profound red pistols sucked back up into their respective bracts.

Out-fucking-standing!!! Made up for all the folks who never show up, despite saying they'll be here at a specific time, and never call to cancel or reschedule. We're a fickle species, us humans, and we cover the continuum of representation of honorability, from low-lifes, to angels, to saints, and back again. I guess I better dig into the freezer and find something notable to gift back to him in appreciation for his generosity, decency and humanity.

Then I need to re-sharpen my wife's Stihl .021chainsaw, and clean the carbon screen in the exhaust, as it's choking on its own exhaust. Just sharpened my pro-saw, and can hear my younger boy down the hill, continuing onward with the mission at hand. Then I need to mix up 60-90 gallons of custom fertilizer for the veggies and spuds, and apply that.

Not the worst day, even if I woke up depressed to no end re. my 2 older children. Father's day now brings on literal nightmares and deep sadness, so this series of events was QUITE cool. And my wife made keto blueberry muffins for me, as well.

"Somewhere over the rainbow...."

Good to see there's still good, honest people out there. 👍

Sunshineinabag

This farts Fer youuuu:party:
20210621_190022.jpg

buzzmobile

Veteran
Sister Henrida gave me PTSD, I'm still in recovery.

:laughing: When I read her obit it said she loved teaching children! :biggrin:

That was a misprint. Supposed to read "she loved eating children".

Sister Henrida must have been related to Sister Borgia. Yes, there really was a Sister Borgia.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.....Sister Henrida must have been related to Sister Borgia. Yes, there really was a Sister Borgia.

3rd AND 4th grade, first rule, first day of semester, first lesson, she taught us how to remove the metal strip from our rulers so we wouldn't get hurt when she hurt us! :hotbounce

I had a slight chance of turning out 'normal' if it weren't for her, but I guess if that had happened I wouldn't be posting here, huh? :bigeye:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Those rulers......trauma

got my ass beat first day they handed them out. i thought the groove in them would hold a pencil -perfectly- when i laid it on side of desk, and slapped the other end. i just KNEW it would shoot straight up & stick in ceiling...nope. shot straight to my right & embedded in my buddies shoulder sitting next to me. lol...we stayed buddies. me and the teacher? nope...

Sunshineinabag

:hotbounce:hotbounceWhen a man comes along claiming godly need
he'll clean u out .....right through your teeth...
that's right people there's a diff between kneeling down and bending over

imiubu

Next Generation in my family was born on May 4 this year (May the forth be with you! lol), a healthy baby boy.
I'm noodling around the nets "window shopping" necessities and well... at this age... necessities haha.
Since amazon shoppers have been giving much better reviews than in the past, I will read them for items I've
narrowed down as possible purchases (but, not often actually bought through amazon).
The other day one of the reviews read:
"Good little container for decarbing small quantities of concentrate" :D

This is not the first product review I've read where the purchaser used a non customary item for cannabis.
I just love that these reviews are now much more abundant.
Weed heads have come out of the proverbial 'closet' at long last and...
their opinions are being considered (at least in this arena).

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... for great gifts check out etsy.com, they sell 'everything' handmade now, even psychedelic mushroom spore syringes! :D

Gry

Veteran
We couldn't find any results for psychedelic mushroom spore syringes!

Try searching for something else instead?