What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Why is it people with dogs straining at the leash find it necessary to remind me, and my dog that is fully under control with hand signals and the sound of my voice, that "dogs are supposed to be on leashes here."

Maybe you and your untrained mess could spend some time learning a thing or two, like sit and stay....before you criticize me for walking in woods that i have tromped through since I was a child..now a recently developed urban park. Some peoples kids...smh.

Sunshineinabag

I love dogs being adopted.....seeing them being walked around by supposed critical thinking humans.....idk man I've had several of your posts happen and at first I'd snap on em.....now I take a deep breath....try to help that human understand it's digs behavior and why it's acting like it is. Dogs are sincere.......all they need is patience,love and understanding

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Very true...positive reinforcement is the key to training. I ignored the human and said to the dog..."sorry about your human doggo" and we just kept movin'.

Sunshineinabag

Hahaha....I had a dude come drive up to me (a mile from the green belt area where the puppy shat) ask me if I was gonna pick up the puppies chit off the public green belt .....no I didn't shout obscenely...I asked you drove around for that during a pandemic for a puppy shit that was the size of a fun size candy bar......I never leave dog shit normally. He then starts in with oh your crazy....motherfucker had to be from New York City......it's the only place close that encourages such lunacy.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I love dogs being adopted.....seeing them being walked around by supposed critical thinking humans.....idk man I've had several of your posts happen and at first I'd snap on em.....now I take a deep breath....try to help that human understand it's digs behavior and why it's acting like it is. Dogs are sincere.......all they need is patience,love and understanding

Dawgs can smell a lie a mile away. I have a female that is spooky smart, and I swear she can read my mind.

Soooo, the short days make my life move indoors and I have all this time. I used to buy canned dawg phood by the case for them, but they hate the stuff, and it sits until they are starving enough to eat it. The whole time the canned food is stinking, and trying to draw flies. Plus the price jacked up to almost $1.50 a can.

I went to WMT yesterday cause the local market started charging $1.50/lb for chicken leg quarters, instead of a $7 10 pound bag. WMT has them for $6, and they are better chickens. I got 3 bags (all they had) and the woman at the checkout couldn't believe I was gonna cook them and feed to the mutts. It is cheaper and better to feed chicken quarters than that canned crap they call dawgphood. I can feed the two mutts meat 6 times for the same money as 4 cans of crap that they didn't like. Their coats are a lot nicer too.

So who is the one that has been trained here?

Last edited: