What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

A

anoydas 666

4.20 pm down here in tasy n getting overcast across the sea.lazy day , had a haircut n shave n having a couple of suds.

M

moose eater

Oil is under $11 a barrel. And I thought silver was getting a raw deal.

Alaska North Slope Crude (ANS Crude), nearly always valued at a higher dollar value per bbl. than (for example) West Texas Intermediate, was, as of the other day, also at negative value.

Someone asked (hopefully in sarcasm, as opposed to sincerity) if when they went to fill up with fuel, they'd get paid for doing so. :)

They were informed that, while that MIGHT make mathematical sense, the fact is that the fuel tax(es) (road taxes) would not permit that to occur.

The sub-zero value on oil in general, in the US, began with sources like West Texas Intermediate, specifically on the Futures markets on Wall St. Now it appears more pervasive.

While our State, in particular, is rapidly eating through its savings, and will take this 'hit' -very- hard, knowing the Oil Majors (BP, Exxon, Conoco Philips, and some others) are/were going to suffer, at least had me smiling a bit for what their karma might bring them..

Now, however, Mr. Trump to the rescue, and despite the Majors receiving a greater net profit per bbl. in Alaska than nearly any place else they operate in the world, partly thanks to tax regimens put together by our past corrupt legislators (6 of whom were convicted in 2006, specifically for taking bribes/$$ form the Oilies, and 6 was way too few; wish we'd gotten another 10 or so) and our equally gullible or corrupt governors, the Major Producers will now get what is apt to be a massive bail-out, despite past profits that SHOULD have left them in good standing to weather the current circumstances.

I'd -really- like to see them get a $1,200 check, and be told to make due.:biggrin:

A

anoydas 666

plastic screens up in a lot of shops now, more dunny paper stocks, more tin food, eat shit n be merry.

Sunshineinabag

omfg if folks only knew how many towns in rural vermont had men like the redheaddude(who is a vermonter btw) growing up i figured ever vermont family had one member who was psycho, flatlanders who move here didnt get the memo, lmaopp bernie sanders lied to them

https://youtu.be/60vK6Uw9sSE

the real vermont bernie dont want ya to see

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
just spent 2 hours looking for a dropped seed in a semi shag carpet. woulda said screw it but it was auto freebie i really wanted to try

M

moose eater

just spent 2 hours looking for a dropped seed in a semi shag carpet. woulda said screw it but it was auto freebie i really wanted to try

Once spent a half-hour crawling around on a high school rest room floor, looking for a couple tabs of very small micro-dot. Found them, too. The things we do when we're not keenly aware of, or concerned with bacterial or viral issues.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
just lost two gel tabs bout month ago in same carpet looked up n down. woulda been easy to find if it was paper. thank god i had backup

M

moose eater

just lost two gel tabs bout month ago in same carpet looked up n down. woulda been easy to find if it was paper. thank god i had backup

Those are circumstances where one may become more anxious if there's small children or pets in the house.

Coke in the carpet is a write-off.

Brown Moroccan hash in a brownish shag or mid-height carpet also allows for lots of hands-and-knees time.

Some of the meds we have here leave me making more sure when they're getting divvied up, as the 3 dogs are mostly chow hounds for anything from a human hand. If it came from the humans, it must be edible, right?

M

moose eater

You'll be fine noyd; beer, board games, bongs, babes, barbecue, and numerous other 'B' words that help to avoid cabin fever.

A

anoydas 666

that's what I said mate , fucking great.went shopping for tucker last week and behold a 50 dollar note on the ground, finished up in my pocket.

M

moose eater

Just planted (3) 1"-cubes with left-over 2012 Siberian cold weather variety tomatoes.

The very productive (even in an outdoor raised bed with no cold frame) Gold Nugget cherry tomatoes are up, with about 10 healthy plants now established, ready to go from 1" cubes, to 4" cubes.

The remainder of the Sweet 100 tomatoes are in a prilling or pelletized form. Another wagering opportunity. Do such coated seeds degrade faster or slower than natural uncoated seeds? Place your wagers...

The hybrid watermelon seeds are up, 2 varieties I believe, though it's not the year for them, due to no greenhouse finished yet, other than for using old seeds that we're getting rid of by planting. Same for the cucumbers; they'd like a hot house, but are unlikely to get one this year. Made progress on it last year, but still a bit to go... We'll see.

The shorter season bush beans (I think 3 varieties) are up and doing quite well; most mature in about 55 days, and produce pretty well. Fresh beans this later summer will be nice. Yellow and green, both.

Various zucchini and bush scallop squash, as well as yellow summer squash are up. They and the melons demand NO root-binding, so they'll go from 1" cubes, into 5 and 6 inch pots right off.

Golden Acre cabbage and another variety are up and doing splendidly. We often end up with so much cabbage, that without making sauerkraut, we beg folks to take some. Sometimes a door prize for merely turning into the wrong driveway.

Spud seeds of 3 varieties should be at the post office in 4-5 days or so.

Looks like a fairly busy summer, even for folks who have to stay home. There's ALWAYS something to keep a person busy, especially in the hills and trees.. Which reminds me. I've got a BUNCH of trees to cut still, down in the lower end of the property.

Edit: Apparently there's no left-over seeds from the very productive purple cauliflower we grew a couple years ago. Bummer. But we have a fair bit of left-over seeds from the Early Snowball cauliflower to plant... so, there's that. I see cauliflower heads steamed in chunks, smothered in sharp yellow cheddar cheese sauce this season... Mmm.

T

Teddybrae

Re work above: I just sat on my tractor with its stick rake and pushed scrub. Found a pin for the blade that dropped out almost twenty years ago; and a stick jumped up and pierced my arm a little bit. Killed a frog when I shifted a log. Part of me is sad. Another part says 'ashes to ashes, dust to dust'.