What's new

TOP(potency/yield) 50 day or less strains?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The useful info I have is that folks that are claiming plants finished at less than 50 days, more than likely are harvesting plants prior to them actually being finished.

Okay so we are clear here, anyone here harvesting your early maturing plants that were grown in suitable conditions to permit their fast ripening - Babu Ku says they are not done.

I'm sorry that your methods have to be outed to get to the bottom of this, but you are making claims you simply can't back up. You tried to claim plants that have purple color are ripe, and I think it is pretty easy to show that to be another incorrect pearl of wisdom you've provided. Just as wrong, IMO, are your claims of these other plants actually finishing so fast.

Not sure what you are outing method wise, and as far as backing anything up goes well it has not really been disputed by anyone but you. Not even sure what you are disputing other than maybe making some blanket statement here that a Cannabis plant cannot mature in 7 weeks flowering time and in that case you are fucking clueless it appears. As far as the purple goes on that specific strain, some Sweet Tooth plants purple up at the end when it's close to being mature I should know it's what I grow 75% of the time.

No wonder you are experiencing all sort of bad karma...look at what you have said in this thread. Some real hateful stuff that is totally uncalled for.

Now this was sorta cute, but no I am not having any bad karma, in fact everything is peachy with the exception of you today and your insistence that we don't know how to tell when our plants are mature.

As far as anything being said that is hateful to anyone I don't see it really at all sorry. I'm simply having a friendly debate here because you are not very knowledgeable it seems on this early strain subject having admitted you have never grown one or seen one despite hearing about it from everyone else all the time. But you now are posturing to be some expert on plant maturity and some old wise grower with some sickly looking plants with no trichomes in your album. I think if we want to see hateful comments that will surely bring some bad karma I could post the nasty PM you sent me for everyone to see. Like I said before do yourself a favor and..... :canabis:

Baba Ku

Veteran
As far as anything being said that is hateful to anyone I don't see it really at all sorry.

I'm smoking buds that are cured over a year bro, don't talk shit you have no idea whats going on.
Go polish up your growing skills and environment & maybe your plants will grow faster.
Listen up then self proclaimed dinosaur from the stone age don't start asking me loaded questions...
or say shit like
That's why I said you have no idea whats going on because you don't and don't pretend to know so.
Don't come in here and try to cross-examine or judge me with little snippy comments & questions and not expect a response of some kind back and then pretend to take the high road and be some great sage of wisdom being victimized by the big bad SOTF because I answered you back.
don't really see you contributing very much around here to be completely honest with you in your whopping 100 or so forum posts since the end of last year.
I also think this post of your sums it up best, and why you do not even belong in this thread anyways and are being nothing more than a troll at this point.
in all your self proclaimed many years of experience (which I doubt)
You obviously have no useful information or knowledge to contribute here
Based on your sole experience, which is why I said you don't really know whats going on
You don't apparently so like I said polish up those growing skills maybe get yourself some duct tape the shit works wonders.

No, I don't see it either.
You are about as knowledgeable and cordial as I have seen.
What could I have been thinking?

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Simma-uh-down-now!!! lol

Simma-uh-down-now!!! lol

I've have had some early finishers. The famous "Shiva Skunk" was one. lol... I found one pheno that finished with 80-90% milky trichs at 40 days, FLAT! 2 more, same pheno, different plants, finished at 45 days. All in the same pack of seeds, so it's not that hard ta find. Killer grape tootsie pop flavor and good potentcy. It's a keeper!

Sensi' Hashplant is another one, 45-50 days.

C-99 is another, 45-50 days.

I've had several more too, so they -are- out there, you jus gotta find em. I reckon that's the point of this thread, huh?! lol...

One love my friends... Take care. BC

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Enough of the arguing and the Private Messages....... I'm not going to say it again.....

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Yer link has no shiva skunk? I can't speak fer anyone else anyway...

I can tell ya there was a skunk #1 pheno in there also that did take longer, I didn't keep it though. I can also tell ya what I grew was under 1K lights in soil, organic nutes, with CO2.

The grape pheno had 80-90% milky trichs in 40-45 days. That's Done!

I don't really care if you believe me er not. Posting the way you did, you kinda come off as a smartass. I'm not here fer that shit, so, I'm done with ya.... BC

Baba Ku

Veteran
No, I am not trying to be a smartass at all. I am only trying to discuss the issue.
Folks claim finish times, and that's fine. What my point is, which I think I actually went in depth on earlier, is that times are subjective things and finished has different meanings to different people.
Perhaps you could have first stated that your opinion of finished is when the trics are 80-90% cloudy? Or perhaps you feel that is what everyone should consider finished and is common knowledge?
All it takes for you to be done with a person is for them to post something that "kinda sorta comes off as a smartass"? Are you saying that you are on a higher road here? Please.
BTW, the link does indeed link to the shiva skunk shots. Don't know how to help you there.
Here is one of the shots at that link:
Shiva Skunk
day 48 in flower - 600 watts - 6,5L soil

picture.php

People get so defensive. Myself included. I have had some pretty shitty comments thrown at me in this thread, IMO. And yes, people tend to get a little shitty when fast and rude comments are thrown at them...myself included. I am not here to fight or be a smartass. Nor to be called names and be the base of unwarranted charges.

But I think others defensive posture is based on them thinking people are calling them liars when they discuss the details of their claims. But for the life of me I can't imagine why someone would want to consider entering into a thread concerning finishing times without providing more than shouting out your fave and how fast it is.
Hell, chop em at 40 days and call em fire! But if another person is shopping for fast strain, I think they deserve to know what qualifies these finish times being touted.
Don't you?
:dunno:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Babu Ku said:
No, I am not trying to be a smartass at all. I am only trying to discuss the issue.

There is no "issue" here you are just continuing to crash this thread where you have no useful info whatsoever to add. For the umpteenth time please buddy go find a different thread to argue with people in please. :wave:

B.C. said:
I can tell ya there was a skunk #1 pheno in there also that did take longer, I didn't keep it though. I can also tell ya what I grew was under 1K lights in soil, organic nutes, with CO2.

The grape pheno had 80-90% milky trichs in 40-45 days. That's Done!

I agree! Trich's are the key in determining maturity and it sounds like you have a good set-up with key elements that are necessary for fast plant maturity. :canabis:

Baba Ku

Veteran
Like I said before, it isn't your thread to tell anyone to join or leave.
And there most certainly is an issue when a person states something, but refuses to answer questions about it. Not to mention the venom...

Just like race horses, many will choose to race them at a young age before their knee bones have matured completely. People watching the race don't really know that this is the case, as some of the same age have matured knee bones and can take racing early.
But some simply aren't ready and they have been placed under that saddle too early. Owners and trainers get a bit anxious, especially when the colt shows blazing potential.
What ends up happening is the greedy owners and trainers have a colt that is broken down because he was raced too early. Had they waited and showed some patience, they may well had a KY Derby winner.

B

breizou

narcotics effects

narcotics effects

Hello all !

what's your best strain with narcotic effects ??

mango for me

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Grand Daddy Purple
or you can let any strain go amber.....
or you can smoke leaf
or you can eat it
or you can smoke Hash
or you can look at most strains as most of them have that effect lol.. Few have the analgesic effect peace out Headband707

Just like race horses, many will choose to race them at a young age before their knee bones have matured completely. People watching the race don't really know that this is the case, as some of the same age have matured knee bones and can take racing early.
But some simply aren't ready and they have been placed under that saddle too early. Owners and trainers get a bit anxious, especially when the colt shows blazing potential.
What ends up happening is the greedy owners and trainers have a colt that is broken down because he was raced too early. Had they waited and showed some patience, they may well had a KY Derby winner.

i couldnt agree more

RetroGrow

Veteran
Just got finished growing 3 "fast" strains, because I didn't have the time for anything "long":
AK47
Cinderella 99
Critical +
These were grown in coco using GH/Lucas.
The AK47 and Cindy 99 phenos did not finish in the time "advertised" but actually took a week longer for the AK47. One Cindy 99 pheno finished a week or more later than "advertised", and one went 2 weeks longer.
The Critical + finished fast. Done @ 54 days from 12/12. Really packed on the buds between weeks 2-3. At week 3 it's buds were significantly more developed than my other strains.
One thing to note: if you are in coco, and use Canna Boost, your herb will finish a full week faster. Guessing it would work in hydro, too. I did not use Boost this run, because I wanted to see how fast they finished without a boost. You can easily cut a week from your time by using it.

J

Junkhead

I agree with Baba Ku 100% here, having just figured out to let shit finish and ripen up. Been growing the same kush clone for awhile and I found out that letting her finish was the difference between good and devastating.

Baba Ku

Veteran
I am not actually trying to lobby for anyone to harvest their crops in any particular fashion or time frame. I figure anxious people suffer their own losses.
My point is that strains are not always to be considered super early finishers just because a person chooses to pick them when they do.

It gets to a point that the information is similar to people touting brand names. It seems that when a person actually is using a brand of something, they tend to want to see it as the best brand out there. And will even enter into internet debates about that brand with others. Even to a point that they want to fight and argue about it. When the truth of the matter is, the person has only really had good experience with the particular brand he has or uses. The people he argues with are in the same boat as he is, only they bought some other brand that they feel is the shit...and will argue and fight about it.

If a person is going to name off early finishers for a questioning grower, they ought to state exactly what they mean by finished.
:dunno:

pseudo, do you get the part about how I am equating the touting of finish times to the touting of our favorite brand name products? Very similar to how I used the horse analogy to describe a person's choice of pick time. :)

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SOTF420 said:
I want to give some advice on finishing strains in the least amount of time possible. First off hydroponics is the way to go, compared to soil you usually can easily shave off 7 - 10 days just because of the simple fact that growth is faster and nutrients are more readily available.

Second is to have BRIGHT lights, you need as much light as possible to grow buds fast and have them mature quickly. We are not talking about 25 watts per sq. ft. I am talking 50 - 60+ watts per sq ft of HID and preferably Hortilux HPS bulbs.

Next you need CO2 enrichment at around 1200 -1500 ppm and cut it off after the first 5 weeks to let the buds mature because CO2 will delay ripening and promote longer flowering times if you use it all the way to the end.

Last thing is to make sure you use sexually mature clones from parent plants that have shown sex naturally and displayed an alternate node pattern which suggests the plant is ready to reproduce.

Follow this simple yet very effective advice above and there is no reason you can't finish many Indica based strains in 6 to 7 weeks and they be fully mature. Love & light to you all.

Genetics are only part of the equation, in case anyone missed this post in the start of the thread I would say in my vast experience with faster strains the environment is 90% of the equation. You can also manipulate the light cycle during the last few weeks of bloom to be shorter and thus increase the rate of ripening with minimal loss of yield when compared to getting a whole extra harvest in per year. There are in fact many strains that are done in 6 to 7 weeks people are not just making this stuff up not all Cannabis strains have to flower for 8 to 12 weeks. Lowryder for instance starts flowering at around 2 or 3 weeks old and is completely done flowering and maturing at just around 8 weeks from seed with all cloudy trichomes. These very quick maturing traits can be found in other early purpose bred strains that are not autoflowering but you most likely will not complete them in the potentially fast advertised timeframe unless your grow conditions allow for such rapid growth. Not everyone is harvesting their plants early and smoking premature bud that says they have fast strains done in 49 days and to suggest that is just false information. There are many fast strains. :canabis: