What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

St. Phatty

Well , sit back , relax and I`ll tell you the tale of Nevil Schoenmakers .

Son of Dutch Australian immigrants . Went to live in the Netherlands .
Got a grant from Dutch Social Security to buy lights and grow supplies .
Established the Seed Bank of Holland .

It was described as an $8000 grant in some news articles.

But that's US $ and he was in Holland.

Gry

Veteran
The Big Hack: How China Used a Tiny Chip to Infiltrate U.S. Companies
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

Elemental also started working with American spy agencies. In 2009 the company announced a development partnership with In-Q-Tel Inc., the CIA’s investment arm, a deal that paved the way for Elemental servers to be used in national security missions across the U.S. government. Public documents, including the company’s own promotional materials, show that the servers have been used inside Department of Defense data centers to process drone and surveillance-camera footage, on Navy warships to transmit feeds of airborne missions, and inside government buildings to enable secure videoconferencing. NASA, both houses of Congress, and the Department of Homeland Security have also been customers. This portfolio made Elemental a target for foreign adversaries.

St. Phatty

The Big Hack: How China Used a Tiny Chip to Infiltrate U.S. Companies
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

Elemental also started working with American spy agencies. In 2009 the company announced a development partnership with In-Q-Tel Inc., the CIA’s investment arm, a deal that paved the way for Elemental servers to be used in national security missions across the U.S. government.

Good article on the Chinese spy chip embedded on server motherboards made for America @
https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=234281

Cannavore

Veteran
I'm so sick of the "wealthy people create jobs" lie. It's lazy, intellectually-deficient garbage.

I know I got my pitchfork ready to go.

Yup lol if the wealthy create jobs why is it every time they gve themselves tax cuts we go into recession and the economy ultimately gets worse? Wages have been stagnant for decades and I believe lower after adjusting for inflation.
It'll probably end up the same for Trump's economy, in fact I bet if the repiblicans lose in 2020 and theres a recession shortly after, watch them blame the democrats for it. The average person will believe it.

St. Phatty

Yup lol if the wealthy create jobs why is it every time they gve themselves tax cuts we go into recession and the economy ultimately gets worse? Wages have been stagnant for decades and I believe lower after adjusting for inflation.
It'll probably end up the same for Trump's economy, in fact I bet if the repiblicans lose in 2020 and theres a recession shortly after, watch them blame the democrats for it. The average person will believe it.

American Medical Care SOP -

"You give us All Your Money. Then You Die."

Middle Class folks are Getting SCREWED like never before during the 60's 70's 80's 90's.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Good article on the Chinese spy chip embedded on server motherboards made for America @
https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=234281

G`day SP

You realise all that money that has been spent inventing and developing weapons of war is wasted ?
All that new tech that is sposed to give an advantage in a conflict .
Its all on file in Beijing .

Their comin for Taiwan in the near future .And what the fck you gonna do about it ?

The Chinese have looong memories . They are still pissed about the Kouamintang . And the US supporting them and seizing power in Taiwan .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

St. Phatty

G`day SP

You realise all that money that has been spent inventing and developing weapons of war is wasted ?
All that new tech that is sposed to give an advantage in a conflict .
Its all on file in Beijing .

When I worked at a large military contractor in San Diego, I had a Chinese citizen co-worker who did no apparent work.

No one could ever figure out what he did. I played tennis with him once, outside of work. He was much better at tennis than he was at any engineering task.

My best guess is that he was being watched and they were possibly letting him steal a little information, if he was a spy, to see what he stole, which gives them indications of what China want.

Also they had the ability to discreetly push steal-able stuff towards him, e.g. engineering documents, if they wanted to plant mis-information.

I believe that the way our nations intertwined history will un-fold is, the US will continue going around the world picking fights, and will eventually pick a fight with Russia and/or China.

And will then find that the weapons systems they consider superior, are not.

Israel & the US have used software, e.g. Stuxnet, to really fvck up Iran.

Obviously, cyber warfare is real. Imagine if China or Russia or someone TBD managed to pull a Stuxnet on the US, as part of their response to a US military overture.

I think if the US makes the mistake of subjecting China or Russia to a direct military confrontation, they essentially give Russia or China license to counter-attack, without the US being able to claim that they weren't the aggressor.

I don't know if the US would sit still for such a demotion on the world stage. A military confrontation where the US is bestest, combined with a successful cyberwarfare attack on the Great Lakes canals or who knows what.

I think we are destined to have such a confrontation. The US is so belligerent, it seems inevitable.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Add the fact that the USAis abandoning its allies and they'll be on their own. But that won't matter. The us is pulling back from the world and will live isolated from the rest.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Our entire economic system has been crafted to allow the richest of the rich to make massive amounts of money off of simply having money. In the case of banking, they even make money off of money they don't even have. We have an economy of smoke and mirrors. While we're led to believe that our leaders(private and public) are working toward the interests of the greater good, but that isn't true at all. The entire system revolves around gutting everything that made America so powerful and world-changing and selling it off to line the pockets of the richest few. Our industry is gutted, our labor movements in ruins, our infrastructure is crumbling, and our ability to control our leaders is minimal. America is a shadow of its former self, and it actually still had a long way to go toward being the country we really need it to be. In the richest country on Earth, 68% of Americans can't survive a 500 dollar emergency. Meanwhile we have people like Trump giving the richest people tax breaks and Obama telling Wall Street that he was the only thing standing between them and the pitchforks. We've been sold out and divided into two teams so we can fight each other instead of fighting them like they deserve.

This bears repeating.

Gry

Veteran
The tax 'break 'originally was 1.4 billion a day for 10 years.
It was recently modified recently, I expect it would
have been expanded, as there had been no significant
push back.

White Beard

Didn’t they track down some 413 million in takings from his dad, after shenanigans?
Why, yes, they did... great video, brother!

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ruling Cabal : We have faith in you - and you can have faith in us to financially back and support you, and physically protect you and your family - so long as you do as we say.

Politician: Its been very good of you to back me this far, but I have enough money and can progress on my own from now on.

Ruling Cabal : Are you sure that this decision is in the best interests of your wife and children/ Mother/Father etc?

Money and Power - and FEAR.

Gry

Veteran
What happens in house stays in house, and thats good for those who benefit by keeping such things silent.

White Beard

Ruling Cabal : We have faith in you - and you can have faith in us to financially back and support you, and physically protect you and your family - so long as you do as we say.

Politician: Its been very good of you to back me this far, but I have enough money and can progress on my own from now on.

Ruling Cabal : Are you sure that this decision is in the best interests of your wife and children/ Mother/Father etc?

Money and Power - and FEAR.
See this in operation in police departments all over the country ... it’s why the good cops never do anything about the bad cops

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The elite know this, which is why they promote civil war 2.0 propaganda to keep people distracted from the real issues and problems, which is mainly the elite and ruling class themselves.

It seems their distractions are failing with names like ALDOBRANDINI coming to the surface.

Maybe they're shills for another even more powerful family. IDK!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The us is pulling back from the world and will live isolated from the rest.

a hundred, or even fifty, years ago it could have been done for a time. but, just as no man is an island, neither can a nation be. we are all links in a chain. when one link is shaken, the entire chain rattles...