What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Top-feeding only... why I like it.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Any recommendations for a mid-to-late flower (4+weeks) top dressing?

IMHO...the plant probably is what it is at 4+weeks; not much you can add to the soil that will "help the plant improve" (assuming your grow is healthy). But I would think "flower hardener and boosters"--these are the things I add at 4+ week stage...and I would research the water soluble variety, as there probably is not much time before harvest for the dry organic input to breakdown (become plant available).

MHBGuy

Based on CC's recommendations at the beginning of the thread, I used some bone meal, high phos bat, & PSG all with EWC, during weeks 4 - 6. I have two plants looking like they are wrapping up, one can't decide (still flowering/sun leaves fading) and the fourth is still going gangbusters.

I popped some SG seeds on NYE and started a thread in test grows where I am going to use the RO Uprising line mentioned later on this thread. Hoping for some great results!

First Grow of 2015!

Mr. Krinkle

yea i'd go high phos guano too thru week 6 - nothing pelletized just micronized

some worm poop too

i'm also using that uprising for the first time this run - should be interesting :woohoo:

exstr

From my understanding you don't need to worry over ph if you're doing all organic. This is due to the way nutrients are processed by the beneficial bacteria herd that exists in your root mass. So the ph of promix hp would be irrelevant. The important factor is never watering with chlorinated water or (arguably) synthetic nutrients. Chlorine will kill bennies, synthetics will create salts that when the media becomes dry may kill your bennificals.

The roots uprising top feed regime is so light I don't think it would compound with the dolomite in a soil mix to create problems. I think "uprising foundation" calls for 1/2 teaspoon per 1-10 gallons if used in conjunction with the "uprising veg" which is the same application rate roughly.

Great thread.
CC, what is your Ph before you put the nutrients on top?

Or does anyone know what the ph of pro mix hp is?
since roots organic has oyster and dolomite; it's not necessary to put that stuff in the medium?

bluhazy

3 mextroyer ( mextiza x destroyer ) and a female found in Sam the skunkman freebies, 1 cubic foot of recycled organic sub and 1 cubic foot of vegetation.

picture.php

3 weeks of flo @ 11/13

picture.php

detail mextroyer #1

Topfeeding with nettle/alfalfa/batguano/comfrey/epsom salt , rain water and aact/sst

Peace BH