What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Top-feeding only... why I like it.

Mountain High

Veteran
Very good thread CC! thanks for dropping some knowledge. Do you re use your soil? Do you primarily only use fast release amendments when you top dress? Or maybe if a certain strain tends to like more of a certain nutrient throughout the life cycle, would you use a slower release amendment to last? Also, what kind of rock dust do you like to use?

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As a fellow Blumat user, I'm interested to hear how you end up top dressing and how it works out.

I recently started hand watering a small amount of water in the mornings. Or whenever I have a minute. Mainly bcus the blumat keeps the pots moist and the top dressing doesn't have a chance to get watered in as thoroughly. I only water about a cup or so per pot daily. Just enough to get any goodness up top worked in again. Very little to no runoff.
Might have to consider dealing with a good amount of runoff the days that I make a feeding.

:tiphat:

symbiote420

Veteran
I've been using CC's top feed method for close to a year now ....my best indoor yields ever!! I've had to tweak it some to fit my set up but it's been the easiest, most rewarding growing I've done.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
CC..

Thanks for confirming what I was doing anyways, my garden is already crowded, I dont know where I could put a AACT brewer, so this saves me alot of space.

My only problem is this...

I'd like to use mulch, but I cant see any benefit of applying on top of mulch, I see using the guano on top of the soil. That makes sense.. Unless you think the guano will eventually make it through the mulch to the soil?..

Hydropimp

Veteran
CC looking grrrrrrrrrrrreat

Do you use the elemental bag aswell?

How light is the soil mix?

I have all the bags and a reg bag of Root soil that i will cut with black gold NO.

Keep killing.

marbles

This method works very well. There are certain bagged dry nutrients that work very well at just a few tsp/tblsp per container with dechlor water and the occasional tea to replinish bene bacteria and carbs and fungi.

Yields seem to stomp any bottled organics and on par with some synthetic programs.

Then there is the quality - BOOM

marbles

I was leaving out the names of roots uprising line because I thought I was holding a secret but looks like the cat is out of the bag a few pages before.

Works great and simple as anything.

HatchBrew

Veteran
I top dress three times during veg and 3x again in flower for indoors. Use kelp meal, feather meal, and ewc. Water in with water w/ fish hydrolysate & FPE. Happy healthy plants. It's really easy. Spend lots more time enjoying the plants or working on other projects. Haven't had any of my old problems since I switched to organics and focused on having healthier soil & plants.

GrowMonkey420

Good info I was thinking about using fish meal for the veg state, peruvian seabird guano a week or so before the flip and seabird gauno in the flowering stage while using boogi brew and great white for my fungi/bact. Any feed back would help thanks.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Good info I was thinking about using fish meal for the veg state, peruvian seabird guano a week or so before the flip and seabird gauno in the flowering stage while using boogi brew and great white for my fungi/bact. Any feed back would help thanks.

GM...might wanna stay away from the so called boogi brew, MIGHT.....
i could of swore i just came across a thread wheres about *microbeMan*(very VERY knowledgeable)...said to STAY AWAY from that...

Maybe he will chime in on this thread...

Hydropimp

Veteran
Thanks bucket I've been hearing that on here. What about budswell. Im looking for a good ACT Tea Im thinking seabird guano.

Looking for good act make it yourself plenty of threads on here on everything you need to know. the money use spend on ingredients is going to last longer then anything you buy in a bottle

JuiceDaLeaves

Awesome threat, thank you so much for the plethora of info.

Anyone had success or benefits from adding red wiggler worms to their soil containers?

And has anyone tried cutting up aloe vera and top dressing with that?

I'm still a little confused as to how much dry nutes to add to the top of the soil for young plants and vegged plants ... I guess just trial and error right? Or is there a good guide somewhere? The link for the feed schedule is no longer working on the previous page

G

I saw it being asked earlier in the thread, but did not see a reply. Are you reusing your soil, and how do you go about it if you do?