What's new

Tom Hill Haze

JohnnyChicago

The OHz seeds i bought in 1994 were a 16 week flowering type.Made a hybrid with it for outdoors, which had a 16 week flowering period.

In 2019, you got shared Original Haze seeds from me. That they are more authentic that any OH seed you can buy, I believe this is out of discussion. How are they compared to your 16 weeker Positronics Haze from 1994?

unnamedmike

What you call Seedsman is not Seedsman OH, brother. It's my selection of Original Haze.
10 years of keeping clones and progeny testing.
Sub24ox7 said:

The leaves on thh start out fat at first unlike ANY seedsman o. Haze before getting skinny. Seedsman have thin blades from the start and slightly different terpene profile…
Hey Johnny, sub :tiphat:
Just fot the record, I also see that, my seedsman oh are thin blades. I have two lines of seedsman oh, one is not related to your seeds, and the other is a cross of seedsman oh from three sources (one of them, your seeds) Thin blades since they are born in all.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ORIGINAL HAZE from JC
E2105B99-32B0-4C8D-85E5-917148BA28F6.jpeg
E3CFA37C-3F0F-44F6-A3E5-5F1F772F51DD.jpeg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am confused by haze, but isn't it a multihybrid, not stabilised, with many versions?
Yes, All versions of Haze are hybrids. THH is listed as a 4-way cross out of Sam Skunkmans stock by way of Positronics seeds ("Original Haze") circa mid 1990's.

Seedsman Ohaze is listed as a 4 way cross from the same locations as THH.
Mexico, Colombia, S. India, Thailand

No clue if this is correct.
Project1.png

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
The confusion is (well, part of it) that Sam is now claiming OHaze is pure Colombian, while in the past, the strain was always considered a 4way hybrid of Thai, Indian, Mexican and Columbian, its all over the internet for good reason. The description of smell that Sam initially provided adds even more to it.

Fruity, Sweet & Sour, Rootbeer, Cola, Chocolate, very /resinous hashy smell and taste.

-SamS

In about 17 females of Original Haze (Mix of Seedsman and Golli haze phenotypes) I found only 1 female that smelled a little bit like cola, in this case kinda sweet&sour citrus incense. This type of smell is classic South East asia terp. profile. For example, Highland Thai from TRSC and 3 / 4 phenos smelled exactly like that, the Golden Thai (Hmong Thai) same story.
All the OHaze plants smelled woody, spicey, musky, metallic, incense and herbal, few from the Golli side had some fruity notes. Seedsman Haze is the original haze Sam is referring to and I did not see single case of such terp. profile mentioned on the forums by people growing it.

While the smells he describes are clearly found in Tom Hill Haze consistently.
And what about Sam's favorite Haze phenotype? Lime green with bit of Thai blood? Aka the burning bush.
With all due respect, it seems to me we are past the breeder information reg. Original Haze. Think for yourself is my approach for the matter. While it seems that THH fits best for the original description of OHaze, it is clearly different strain compared to Seedsman H.

Imo Seedsman Haze is pure Colombian, Golli Haze might have some Thai (arguably) and Tom Hill Haze has Thai in it for sure.

The thing is, growing THH is easy, it grows like it has some indica in it, or super fast Thai which is weird to me, but possible I guess. Its very easy to grow THH compared to Seedsman Ohaze for example. Most phenotypes of OHaze grow like you would expect pure NLD to grow - wild.

I believe we can differentiate the genetics of the different Hazes based on experience, but we cannot really say what is and what is not Haze (THH, Seedsman, Golli). Trying to do so is truly beating the dead horse type of action.

Anyway, Haze is very eloquently chosen name for this strain :sasmokin:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Agreed. Elanius summed it up perfectly for me. First sentence nailed it. My confusion did come about due to what Sam said about the Colombian. Where and when the Thai appeared and why no one mentions the South Indian to me I still don't understand. Not sure I really care enough though. At the end of the day it's about what you enjoy.

JohnnyChicago

I believe we can differentiate the genetics of the different Hazes based on experience, but we cannot really say what is and what is not Haze (THH, Seedsman, Golli). Trying to do so is truly beating the dead horse type of action.

You are the extreme pseudo expert Elanius.
Never grown the Seedsman OH.
Never grown pure Gollis OH.
But you know Seedsman OH and Golli OH; better than us.
Incredible. :LOL:

JohnnyChicago

Hey Johnny, sub :tiphat:
Just fot the record, I also see that, my seedsman oh are thin blades. I have two lines of seedsman oh, one is not related to your seeds, and the other is a cross of seedsman oh from three sources (one of them, your seeds) Thin blades since they are born in all.

Hey Mike,
Nice that you found some OH seeds to grow, after your experience with one new school Haze breeder some time ago. :)

Seedsman original release, the first leaf set was very tiny and skinny on all the plants. Also on the 11 to 13 weekers. Oldtimer Haze next to it looked like a hybrid!!

Make some seeds please, we need to safe the most genes possible from the Seedsman genepool before it is to late.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Hey Mike,
Nice that you found some OH seeds to grow, after your experience with one new school Haze breeder some time ago. :)

Seedsman original release, the first leaf set was very tiny and skinny on all the plants. Also on the 11 to 13 weekers. Oldtimer Haze next to it looked like a hybrid!!

Make some seeds please, we need to safe the most genes possible from the Seedsman genepool before it is to late.
I still have a bunch I made with that batch that Mike has, they can be shared and have been with quite few already

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Agreed. Elanius summed it up perfectly for me. First sentence nailed it. My confusion did come about due to what Sam said about the Colombian. Where and when the Thai appeared and why no one mentions the South Indian to me I still don't understand. Not sure I really care enough though. At the end of the day it's about what you enjoy.

its just mix of tropical sativas, some people think these sativas are not so distinctive from each other like I think for example. opinions can differ...

skunkman said that F1s were uniform, from F2s he noticed big variation of phenos, thus the existence of different lines.

it is also possible that thai was added later by skunkman, as well as south indian(by the way Skunkman talked about kerala as wld with narrow leafs) but I think he is right that mostly it is colombian. even toms haze is colombian from 30%...

nevetheless it is sure, there are thai phenos in toms haze, and these phenos are not the ones with "indica" traits as was mentioned. to know the line you have to grow more than 30 seeds or less or none, which is mostly the case with these pseudoexperts.

Last edited: