What's new

Tom Hill Haze

da kine

I'll straight up give you 100 seed if you'll grow them. I growing 250 now under a single 1000w hid. Joel Tudor will grow them out how about you?
I will take that offer in spades with a totally sincere promise of doing so. Actually, on second thought, I want to give you your due for your decades long progression of work. I do have a quick question however: How many males did you end up using for pollen donors? And, did everything get open pollinated by those few? Just curious if its okay.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I'll straight up give you 100 seed if you'll grow them. I growing 250 now under a single 1000w hid. Joel Tudor will grow them out how about you?
Tom, I will keep to our OG/IG agreement and buy at least 100. Or more. If you’d like to sweeten the deal, then smooches. I‘d prefer them outdoors to do what they should rightfully do. I’ll have to look up Joel cuz I don’t know what he’s about. I do have HPS, LED and some other kind of now defunct light built in San Diego that’s amazing for early growth. I kind of say fuck with indoor because it’s expensive and complicated. But the outdoor is luxe. You want me to run a bunch of your hazes? Outdoors? Yep…

Tom Hill

Veteran
I will take that offer in spades with a totally sincere promise of doing so. Actually, on second thought, I want to give you your due for your decades long progression of work. I do have a quick question however: How many males did you end up using for pollen donors? And, did everything get open pollinated by those few? Just curious if its okay.
I remember saying it to humble narorator , not you man wtf lol. Just fucking. I had some 250 plants on this round, something near 90 males and 160 females or close to that anyway. I prune heavily early males but allow them in a smaller degree.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I wonder which Columbian Strain is in the haze, maybe the lemon verde.... if it doesn't throw supper light green leaves then I guess we can rule out Columbian gold, which I believe was a thai that was brot to Columbia in the old days. The Korean seems to also be an acclimated thai of the lightest colored leaves virtually the same color as Columbian gold.
Colombia got Mexican genetics in the early 70s.Havent read anything about Thai genetics imported to Colombia.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Haze

Attachments

• IMG_20230210_120536.jpg
    IMG_20230210_120536.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20230215_121429~2.jpg
    IMG_20230215_121429~2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20230210_120225.jpg
    IMG_20230210_120225.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20230215_121343.jpg
    IMG_20230215_121343.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 74

da kine

Thanks, Tom. Asking cause I am am looking for the 5%. So, if I got 100 only, I would want to crack 50 first shot. Maybe better to shoot for 200, but that may be beyond my current budget. Mine will be indoors in a controlled environment. I have the room, and the ability to isolate like you did nazi-like in Spain. No friggin around with loose pollen. No Sir. I know just how valuable these beans are, and am prizing them and respecting them accordingly. 😂

da kine

I remember saying it to humble narorator , not you man wtf lol. Just fucking. I had some 250 plants on this round, something near 90 males and 160 females or close to that anyway. I prune heavily early males but allow them in a smaller degree.
I whack the early ones too. They genotypically are most like rope. For me, I don't like the late - late ones, cause I don't want the delayed maturation timing genes. Somewhere in between first and last, with good looks & structure.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Any Lumbo in the haze I grow was entirely swallowed up by Thai. Clarke told you guys straight up. You do understand how genetics work right?

No. Old timers is just another washed out Lumbo it ain't even haze never was.
Yours is very different from Old Timer’s. I wouldn’t completely shit the OTH pot because it’s got an audience…and just like your 5% is an amazing hunt. I’ve grown Tom’s Haze and OTH next to each other in the same grow boxes. Cousins from other Mother’s perhaps.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I think the (maybe) perfect answer is Tom has brought multi generational F1-ish’s and filial crosses back to life.

da kine

I don't whack em I prune them heavily so they don't get a lion share of pollination. Anyway we cool man get up with me you'll find I am a generous and honest soul. Just don't roll in reeking of peteouli or talking some dead lot jive and we'll be fine.
ROFLMAO. :ROFLMAO:
Naah. I don't wear any of that girlie-girlie stuff. I am old enuf, like you, to remember English Leather (soap), but I steer clear of all that perfume today. I find a little himalayan salt under the arms and frequent showering works best! Not whacking them totally is probably a very good idea. Learn something daily, specially here! Thanks for the tip!!

Tom Hill

Veteran
Yours is very different from Old Timer’s. I wouldn’t completely shit the OTH pot because it’s got an audience…and just like your 5% is an amazing hunt. I’ve grown Tom’s Haze and OTH next to each other in the same grow boxes. Cousins from other Mother’s perhaps.
Old timer said it is not haze. Got all Dubi Spaniard about haze traits bangi this bangi that. I don't play any of that. Haze is not a trait or terpene profile or any of that crap. It's a line that Sam brought to Europe. I do not buy any other fanciful bullshit stories lol.

Tom Hill

Veteran
I think the (maybe) perfect answer is Tom has brought multi generational F1-ish’s and filial crosses back to life.
I reach way back like a pimp on this one but let's be clear, there is no f1ish about it. When Sam brought it to Positronics probably the first place besides Nevil he unloaded them he was already talking 20 years inbred yeah that was a stone cold lie but it damn sure weren't no f1.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Yeah you are correct. Even OT doesn’t claim it as ‘Haze’. I’m 52, and can only speculate… if I imagine it came from some of those same old gardens. It’s lumbo 💯. And some good lumbo and some not. Its a different cut from your haze because I’ve grown it side by side.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Clarke wrote about it and Sam said he was correct, Thai was the last input therefore it is 50% Thai and like 12% Lumbo. So duh Sam, this is why we talk about Thai. Especially since you been saying for decades that one is your fave, mine too, that is, before you slithered into bed with the likes of Todd........ What