What's new

Toke's Guerrilla Madness

RudeDog

Veteran
Hi Rude Dog I'm at about the 42nd lat. The reason GG is so early is because it's a semi auto. Which is just fancy wording for easily triggered flowering. Hope this helps.

Yeah, understand that they are semi auto. I think that latitude also plays a part in bud development in semi autos.

I'm growing some Maroc which are classed as semi auto but mine look less developed now than others grown to south I've seen.

Just trying to understand how my plants are reacting to my latitude. I've got one pheno which is well advanced of the others.

Your GG look really good, I did think about growing GG3 this year but went for the Maroc.

KanadianKronik

sorry to hear about the possibility of being forced into harvest by the hurricane. you might have a bunch survive it tho. had tornado warnings and ish just under a week ago here, only 1 blew over and it was because it was right where all the wind funnels threw the trees. take care n be safe bud.
-kk

jay-toker

picture.php

KanadianKronik

looking good bud, im so happy that nothing really happened, i kinda had a feeling your lil fellers would make it threw it ok. i would say if possible to, stand the one that fell over back up and strap it down so it can kinda heal up abit, if you feel it will break or stress it to much leave it but if possible get it back to where it has gotten used to. once again im so happy to hear everthing is aright brother, keep us updated! and iv got some new pic up.
-kk

RudeDog

Veteran
Hey Jay.....Good to see your plants survived the winds and rain. Been watching footage, scary stuff, can't believe 40 odd people dead.

Latitude definitely plays a role in bud development for semi auto or any strain really besides full auto's of course. It's all about when the photo period changes, how rapidly, whether or not the plant is root bound ect. What lat is your grow? GG may be a good choice next year. Lats closer to the equator and further north start bugging sooner or maybe that's backwards? Not sure...

Not all semi auto's flower at the same time that should be taken into consideration as well. Even within the GG lines. For instance my GG2's look to be at about the same stage as your marco. Maybe even a little behind. If you kept a male or collected pollen that earlier pheno would be a great breeding plant. Especially if you had a early male to.

GG's were breed at lat 52 greens stated that he planted around the end of may to beginning of June from seed and would harvest from early August (autoed GG2's?) on into mid/late September (GG crosses).

--------------------------

On a side note: I may have to harvest tomorrow or when ever this hurricane is over. The winds are so intense large trees are toppling over, some plants if not all GG2&3 have with out a doubt broken. Since they are in a more open area then BDxGG's.

Ps. Your plants are huge! Congrats going to be a great harvest.

I'm at 52 degrees so GG would suit me fine, I'll try them next year for sure. Nearly went for them this year but went for the Maroc from Female Seeds.

Unfortunately no Maroc male, feminised seeds. I've got some cuttings from the early pheno and will try and keep a mother for next year. Also got one at 45 days of 12/12 indoors, looks and smells completely different and might be done at 49-52 days.

What do you think about an early GG3 male making merry with her? :dance013:

KanadianKronik

sometime even with root damage you can stand it back up, the damage is done, but yeah you deff dont wanna do more, if you try to get it back uo just go slow and if it feels tight or like somemore damge may happen then just stake up up to the max height it will go, i had one of my tallest ones blow over and i just pulled it back and she is still doing good going strong.
but then again if she gets enough sun on her side she may fill out more towards the middles that would normally get all the sun blocked but the buds above, could work out good, almost like a LST
-kk

KanadianKronik

I have always wanted to try and dry outdoors, i always have the spot to do so indoors, and the only people i know that have done outdoor drying where people that didnt have somewhere indoors, but i wanna try it because of the fresh air, I think it may give it a little bit more of a taste, or smell. the problem is i would have to set up a big tarp in the woods to keep rain and as much light off them as possible..
-kk

Mt Toaker

Those plants look so healthy, you are going to have some serious herb if the soil can support that health through the duration of flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts