Toke's Guerrilla Madness

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Sounds like my friend the spittle bug, a close relative of the leaf hopper:

picture.php

Inside the bubbles you'll find this bugger:
picture.php

The good news is that the spittle bugs have a peak season. They get less common as summer wears on.

You'll have to wipe the slime off to get to the bug if you want to kill him.

KanadianKronik

FML i have the same thing on a few of my plants...
i figured it was just some bug nesting or somthing..
good thing is its only on maybe 1/4 of my plants if that and only 1 on each!
if i dont get them off will they do damage ???
-kk

KanadianKronik

hopefully they dont do much damage.. as they are near the bottoms ...or hopfully if they do chew threw they still live as its down near the bottom where the stem is close to half an inch to a inch (close to 2 thumbs)
i hope you can solve your problem. and good to hear the ones you are training are coming around and didnt get stressed out or somthing.
cheers and take care
-kk

Marcellas

Veteran
I hope those yellowed plants recover for you!! IMO, it looks like they need some NITROGEN.. A higher N fertilizer like a 5-2-2 would be great or one of the fertilizer's you mentioned, but be careful not to burn them. :joint:

I just got my first round of plants out and I'm starting seeds for round 2 now!! Hopefully I'll get a third round out at least, before it's too late..

But the other plants look great! Let us know if the yellow ones survive!! :D

Marcellas

Veteran
For sure!! I use Espoma's BIOTONE Starter Plus, also 4-3-3: with beneficial mychorazie(spelling?), fungi and bacterias!! :D

Maina

Veteran
How's your plants doing? Anyone feel free to post pics of your adventures this year.

As promised here's my quickly growing army of plant care products.
001-10.jpg
the sea bird shit is awsome add 1 cup to 1 gallon water put on a BBQ and cook slow for 6 hours keep adding water as you need then let cool keep in jug add 1/8 of a cup to 1 gallon of water and add to plants they love it.do out side smells realy bad.dont add fish stuff to mix coons will come to it not good

thing

I just use a combo of neem/pyrethrins in veg and spinosad early in flower to kill moths and other larvae.

Spittle bugs are kinda cool when they're not on your weed.

C

Cmobile69

Jay-T just read through your post good read very informative. Hope to be like you next year after I find a good spot.