What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

today my grandparents said they would try some cannabis gotta be edible! this moment been 10 years coming and i want to give them the perfect experien

@peace

Hey @plutiot, I did something similar for my Grandma. She had been using weed cream to help with joint pain and decided she wanted to try edibles (was 78 at the time). So I made her a batch of cookies. They were roughly 5mg, she loved them.

Here is a link to the recipe I use for cookies. I also have a hash chocolate bar recipe in that thread. Hopefully they enjoy whatever you make them and that it helps manage some pain.

Side note: I saw you mention CBD oil, watch that if they are on blood thinners, it can have an interaction depending on which one they are on.

CaptainLucky

I gave up on anti perspirants many years ago, after finding out that i was full of metals, the aluminum tested very high. Funny that you should mention patchouli, that is what i've been using for deodorant, lately. The patchouli 'light' doesn't stain like the dark patchouli. (Dark patchouli is fermented in iron, so goes dark) Some folks hate patch, I'm not one of those!
Are you also a Dead Head? Just wondering cause you used to seem to smell quite a lot of it at there concerts. CL🍀

Nannymouse

I know, it's probably some sort of blasphemy, but i know nothing of the Dead...

Patch has been such a favorite scent, since @ the 70s, and i was overjoyed to find NewDirectionsAromatics a few years back. They have both the light and the dark, which are almost identical in scent, to me. I'm a fan of the base scents, like vetiver(t), benzoin, labdanum. Copaiba Balsam, too. Very good products. For old age aches, we've found that wintergreen oil really works, but need to be careful and not go overboard with it. The wintergreen or marjarom sweet seems to help us fall asleep faster. And i use other stuff for scenting the house, naturally. Oregano oil or clove oil are good deodorizers that kill germs and can be mixed with water and not lose their antimicrobial properties, like most natural oils. I've found that most wood oils don't work on my skin, feel like a million microscopic slivers, so as much as i like the copaiba, and other tree resins... (seems that i can use wintergreen, but birch would probably not work for me)

Supposedly, basil has many cannabis-like effects. There's a story about a bottle of basil leaking out in the trunk of a car, during a road trip. The gals were sort of 'swooning' by the time they got home. I can see that with basil or even sage. Speaking of cannabis, the wintergreen (and birch) are mostly salicylic acid(like aspirin), so some folks use a tiny bit of either, for stimulating the plant's immune systems, so i've read, but no idea of if it's used in the root zone or foliar.

If you are a fisherman, they say that the anise oil will take out fishy odor. I don't know about 'taking it out', but it's SO strong, that it could easily cover it up...i couldn't stand it in the house. I like the aroma, but that's just too much, no matter how little that i use. It will attract racoons, very very good for baiting them. If the critters are not a concern, it would be a scent that i would consider for deodorizing the exhaust vents to the outside.

Okay, that was a bit off topic, sorry.

CaptainLucky

I know, it's probably some sort of blasphemy, but i know nothing of the Dead...

Patch has been such a favorite scent, since @ the 70s, and i was overjoyed to find NewDirectionsAromatics a few years back. They have both the light and the dark, which are almost identical in scent, to me. I'm a fan of the base scents, like vetiver(t), benzoin, labdanum. Copaiba Balsam, too. Very good products. For old age aches, we've found that wintergreen oil really works, but need to be careful and not go overboard with it. The wintergreen or marjarom sweet seems to help us fall asleep faster. And i use other stuff for scenting the house, naturally. Oregano oil or clove oil are good deodorizers that kill germs and can be mixed with water and not lose their antimicrobial properties, like most natural oils. I've found that most wood oils don't work on my skin, feel like a million microscopic slivers, so as much as i like the copaiba, and other tree resins... (seems that i can use wintergreen, but birch would probably not work for me)

Supposedly, basil has many cannabis-like effects. There's a story about a bottle of basil leaking out in the trunk of a car, during a road trip. The gals were sort of 'swooning' by the time they got home. I can see that with basil or even sage. Speaking of cannabis, the wintergreen (and birch) are mostly salicylic acid(like aspirin), so some folks use a tiny bit of either, for stimulating the plant's immune systems, so i've read, but no idea of if it's used in the root zone or foliar.

If you are a fisherman, they say that the anise oil will take out fishy odor. I don't know about 'taking it out', but it's SO strong, that it could easily cover it up...i couldn't stand it in the house. I like the aroma, but that's just too much, no matter how little that i use. It will attract racoons, very very good for baiting them. If the critters are not a concern, it would be a scent that i would consider for deodorizing the exhaust vents to the outside.

Okay, that was a bit off topic, sorry.
Very interesting post but you didn’t mention that clove oil is great for toothache. CL🍀

Rgd

Veteran
grand parents eating weed..what could go wrong?

I am as old as them I bet

tell em to just take one toke..if the eat too much they will never touch it again..

grandparents

"we don’t want to smoke because its 'bad for us'.."

yeh but at your age don’t worry

this is all said in fun too. but noone needs to eat too much weed..

and fer shure..ít will hap'n

Last edited:

phunkeeboodah

it's been studied and shown that moderate long term cannabis smoking doesn't affect lung capacity or function, and in moderate amounts can actually improve lung function

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/pot-smokers-can-maybe-breathe-a-little-easier

also for me vaping and cardio is a no go but smoking no problem, go figure

and to add that i never had the constitution for alcohol like my friends and also not for edibles either. to me edibles are just about like alcohol whereas smoking not similar to at all

all i need is one good 0.13g ish sized hit of weed from the hot knives and in 90 seconds its warm bath-effect time : )

EastFortRock

it's been studied and shown that moderate long term cannabis smoking doesn't affect lung capacity or function, and in moderate amounts can actually improve lung function

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/pot-smokers-can-maybe-breathe-a-little-easier

also for me vaping and cardio is a no go but smoking no problem, go figure

and to add that i never had the constitution for alcohol like my friends and also not for edibles either. to me edibles are just about like alcohol whereas smoking not similar to at all

all i need is one good 0.13g ish sized hit of weed from the hot knives and in 90 seconds its warm bath-effect time : )
Are you talking cardio and vape oil pen? Those things make me cough big time. Vaping dry flower is way better.

Latest posts

Latest posts