What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

today my grandparents said they would try some cannabis gotta be edible! this moment been 10 years coming and i want to give them the perfect experien

plutiot

10 years agoo they found my bong *may it rest in pieces* 20 ish years agoo they kicked out my mother for smoking, back in the 70ties my grannies sister was a dirty hippie, 4 years ago i got her trying cbd, last year i asked her to smell some pot... today. well today i finally talked the into trying some edibles (old smokers so joints and vapes is not a choice..migth bring the vape just incase.. but i want to make it a special and interesting experience, treat them a lil bit, tastes, sensations, and mindfullness, since they are so brave and take a step into the new frontier. my grandad has lukemia and been struggelig alot the past few years, hes a man that never say "ouch" or or get hurt.. the man is about 20 % titanum wich would tecnically make im cyborg.. he is a mans man, cooking steaks and a sip of wiskey kinda guy, well he is 75 now and the wiskey is now migth be a little strong, healthwise atleast, and i have mentioned that edibles migth have some effects on pain and all before, would not touch cbd oil. stubborn old baboon, i really need some inspiration, ideas, tips tricks, even info on cancer effects with cannabis, WHATEVER YOU CAN THROW AT ME, this is a huge moment, because if the cannabis can help with some of my grandfathers pains, or even chill out my high intensity paint artist grandmother. i have a feeling this will be a interesting thread if it catches on, anybody had any simular experiences? how much thc can one feed 75 year old grandparent without scaring them? and getting some effects, my mind say max40 mg..max..but... i need feedback,

plutiot

40mg is too much for first time imo. I would try 5mg on empty stomach followed by a fatty meal 30min later. And then wait 2h before thinking of another dose. To much eddibles can be a longlasting scary trip.
Proper decarbed thc with lecithine is good bioavaliable.
i see what you are saying, i have had some of those, but i like em, and i know most people dont, and not new people, but something in my mind is qurious if age affect the absorbtion or some receptors not kicking like it used to,i have to ask them about weigth and medecine, but i want to make them a really teasty edible of some kind, make it a little classy (just the idea i had in my mind when i wrote the post, the idea is still in beta) i want to make them feel like they are not doing drugs but going on an adventure, i want to give them that.. i do hace access to some hash oil mix in honey, but then granny would never land

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
i see what you are saying, i have had some of those, but i like em, and i know most people dont, and not new people, but something in my mind is qurious if age affect the absorbtion or some receptors not kicking like it used to,i have to ask them about weigth and medecine, but i want to make them a really teasty edible of some kind, make it a little classy (just the idea i had in my mind when i wrote the post, the idea is still in beta) i want to make them feel like they are not doing drugs but going on an adventure, i want to give them that.. i do hace access to some hash oil mix in honey, but then granny would never land

Maybe canna caramel turtles? Those are flashy and usually a huge hit when I make them.

Tincandtoke

Make a lot of edibles and consume them everyday
As stated above 2-5 mg is a good start
An experienced user myself I top out at 25-50 mg and that floors me
I utilize two carriers, sugar and oil
Many folks use the step method of ingesting a piece and waiting a half hour to an hour before taking more

plutiot

its like this in my head, ok, i visit daytime, maby prep some music they like... so acdc.. maby find the most stunning animal documentary (open for suggests) (animals are beatiful people, is grandmas favorite!!) i sit em down, i explain a bit, let chew inn on first dose, then i migth just cook er em or something while they figure them selves out, its their experience so i wanna be a littlebit in the back just making sure they got everything they need, make it memorable even if they should for some reason not like it... but knowing my genes from both.. there is some addictive genes.. so hope they will do it more than once, happy to serve them, it was kinda my suggestion to some of the stresses they both live nowadays. its been a rocky retirement, (also the cannabis has been a littlebit of a releationship strainer mostly because off its stigma and current "gray area illegal" status now, 5 grams of most drugs is concidered userdose.

plutiot

Make a lot of edibles and consume them everyday
As stated above 2-5 mg is a good start
An experienced user myself I top out at 25-50 mg and that floors me
I utilize two carriers, sugar and oil
Many folks use the step method of ingesting a piece and waiting a half hour to an hour before taking more
dude, last winter, my psycho ex kept me drugged up on edibles, i didnt realise until later that she put 25 grams of good pollen hash into our batches... at 25 mg i think i ate 150.000 user doses that winter... i liked it at the time, its not later i found out the reason!, she did this weekly all winter, yeah i dont wanna give them that experience, but i i do want my grandfather to feel it a little heavier, wisky drinker, big guy... cancer pains, and a very talkative wife, agree not too much, but anybody have experience with like lukemia, and thc?, i should do some reading about this..

Tincandtoke

dude, last winter, my psycho ex kept me drugged up on edibles, i didnt realise until later that she put 25 grams of good pollen hash into our batches... at 25 mg i think i ate 150.000 user doses that winter... i liked it at the time, its not later i found out the reason!, she did this weekly all winter, yeah i dont wanna give them that experience, but i i do want my grandfather to feel it a little heavier, wisky drinker, big guy... cancer pains, and a very talkative wife, agree not too much, but anybody have experience with like lukemia, and thc?, i should do some reading about this..

From my own experience I use distillate or heavily filtered home extract for THC
High THC seems to help more with the pain but comes with the psychoactive effects

Have you ever considered THC/CBD cultivars like thunder struck (AC/DC inspired?)
This cultivar is 10%THC/15%CBD
It produces relief from pain as well as aiding in sleep
Use this cultivar to make chocolates for my wife to replace Ambien
She is a non user of cannabis or other substances so this is a big leap for her
IMG_20240121_152916.jpg IMG_20240124_141921.jpg IMG_20231119_175825.jpg IMG_20231111_120515.jpg

From left to right
Isolates and thunder struck after decarb
First stage filtering before going for a carbon and celite scrub
Thunder struck tincture fully filtered with some CBD and CBG tincture to add for experimentation
Last pic is the syrup I use on a daily basis, light effects and 3-5 hour duration

HarleyJammer

Veteran
My 80+ year old father is anti-everything: smoking, drinking, drugging.. He's a diabetic and pretty good about it. I made up some budda and baked up some brownies. I left a couple on the kitchen table thinking "he wont touch them because he knows how much sugar is in them".. I came home to find he was in the brownies and he was passed out in the recliner. A couple hours later he wakes up.. "I don't know what happened. I sat down in the recliner and it was like somebody hit me over the head with a bat and zonk I was out like a light.. but boy, did I have a good rest".

I still never told him what was in the brownies :)

Tincandtoke

My 80+ year old father is anti-everything: smoking, drinking, drugging.. He's a diabetic and pretty good about it. I made up some budda and baked up some brownies. I left a couple on the kitchen table thinking "he wont touch them because he knows how much sugar is in them".. I came home to find he was in the brownies and he was passed out in the recliner. A couple hours later he wakes up.. "I don't know what happened. I sat down in the recliner and it was like somebody hit me over the head with a bat and zonk I was out like a light.. but boy, did I have a good rest".

I still never told him what was in the brownies :)

The first report that comes back after a patient gets some meds is the restful sleep
Some report being a little foggy in the am but the clarity they have from a good nights rest is noticeable after the fog lifts
Most report about 1-2 hours that drops off as tolerance is built
The thunder struck has little to no foggy effects
On a couple of occasions there was some sedation waking up but that is more my inability to hyper accurately dose
A few "hot" chocolates are made, minimal effects reported and diminish in less than an hour
This is all anecdotal and observation so I'm just relating experience

Researching CBDV right now
Changed the chocolates a bit for the better

Nannymouse

I eat at least ten times that much so mileage may vary...
but these people are not used to thc in any amount. I would take it very easy to begin with.

Also, i do have a question about large doses...if the receptors are full, what happens to the excess thc? ie: Is it a waste to take more than what the receptors can handle, or does thc go into fat, for storage to be drawn out later, as the receptors use it up?