What's new

Today I was "issued" something very cool...

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
During my visit here in Fla today I visited with an older guy (well in to his 80's) who was sort of my mentor while I grew in Fla a while back.

He gave me something from his "old days" he has been holding on since.

While he was giving it to me he was holding back tears and said:

"Here I got something for you, it's from my wild days".

I will frame this and keep it forever!

PS:
Sadly he once was convicted to 25 years but "only" had to spend 8 years.

picture.php

fabvariousk

Veteran
Cool piece of history.
I would love to know the politics and story behind what it took to get a stamp like that then. Your friend must have had serious political connections or just had the balls to apply for the stamp!
Thanks for sharing

crazybear

Very cool, I wonder how many were issued, my understanding was you couldn't get a tax stamp without having some cannabis but having the cannabis without the stamp was of course illegal a real catch 22!:plant grow:

Iraganji

Holy crap! That's super cool man. Sort of like snatching the pebble out of the masters hand, so to speak, and receiving his praise. Cool gift. Your mentor sounds like a cool cat.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Very very very cool. Does he still grow? If not I hope you hook the old pothead up son!!

Have that dude write down some of his stories and post them here for the growing community!!! Like what was the scene like back then etc.

Who was he hustling to in the 50s, was he into the beat scene, jazz scene, art scene, etc?

Dude all kinds of questions...

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
man that is very cool! I love the idea that dislexus has.....that would be real cool. Thanks for sharing.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Well...he wants to see me again so I am going to stop by there tomorrow.

I know the answers to the questions asked by you guys and will address those with him to see if it is OK with him to post them here.

He has been in a lot of trouble around the 70's and might just want to be left alone about the details so I don't know what he will say.

:tiphat:

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
I'm talking pre-hippies! I've been plenty exposed to the 70s, late 60s stuff.

Like 1949-1965. Any weed scene bullshit that we exchange on here, but back then :)

I bet he will want to get it out there... he has a grower's ego still I'm sure :) haha