What's new

Today I was "issued" something very cool...

Yah`mon

Wow sh- that made for a great read. Very touching story!

Glad you got the chance to see him again, hopefully it won't be the very last time.

You were right about the picture with the tree's... very cool looking to a northerner here.

I hope the rest of your vacation goes well.

I'd do my best if you can afford to keep that property the way it is, sounds like what he would have wanted, perhaps a place like the one he currently lives on? A nice retirement compound to add to the island.

Yah`mon:tiphat:

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
I met the old mans attorney today for the transfer of deed and he told me he is in hospital with "Pulmonary embolism symptoms".

That's all I know for now.
icon9.gif

Going to see him tomorrow.

supermanlives

Veteran
maybe he was awaiting your return before fucking checking the fuck out. sounds like a great guy and i hope he goes peacefully. any gators on ya land. i could go for some gator tail and a skin or 2. lol i got hooked on gator at a seminole indian festival.

woolybear

Veteran
Wow, amazing story, thanks for sharing. How cool of the movie to come out this year... i will have to check out Square Grouper.

Can only imagine the hidden shit the old man must have on his property... Like a scene from a movie... old man dont give a fuck, just wants to die surrounded by some latina ass n' titties... :p

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
After I made my last post here I decided to make the long ass drive to the private clinic the old man is in so I can see him 1st thing in the morning.
It was well after midnight by the time I had made it here and the guard @ the door didn't want to let me in, as a matter of fact he totally ignored me @ first!
After I banged @ the glass door he turned on the intercom and once I got to tell him who I am and especially who I am here to see he quickly got his ass to the door
(yeah I was PISSED!) and let me in.
They have this thing here where they have an in-house place to stay for visiting friends & family.

The old man has this lady staying with him. Although I did not get to see the old man I got to talk to her and she said he is doing OK but is not breathing on his own. She also said he's been sent here by the Doctor he went to see the morning I had left his place.

Then I had to battle this laptop for like an hour because apparently the proxy I am using refused to connect me to the server I normally am connected through and which is owned by a friend of mine
(whatever the actual cause was I could not get online).

So yeah now I am back online and waiting for things to happen.

Or I should better say not to happen...
icon9.gif

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Well......seen the old man earlier this morning, there was quiet a crowd of ppl there to see him but they only let in 2 @ a time.
Since I stayed the night I was let to him @ 7am and had an hour 'til others started showing up so I left.

He is conscious but has this tube coming out of his mouth, it's something to help him breathing with.

Doctor told me the old man had a large clump of slime getting lose inside his lung and they had to suck it out. Well @ least its out now.

He was able to communicate with me by writing on a piece of paper and the first thing he wrote was this: "Hey fucker nice to see YOU here ------- at this f'ing place!" (he wrote that in two halfs).
He is taking some heavy medication and he was passing out (sleep) in between so we didn't get to "talk" too much...however he did tell me to make sure to go and see "Mr. xxxxxxxx" again "in a few days" which is the attorney I saw to initiate the transfer of title. Don't know why though.

That was it, thought I would share those details with those who might be interested.
I have to admit it feels kinda strange to share all those details with you strangers, there's only less than a handful people here on IC who know me in person and naturally I rarely get to see (and talk) to those, besides BabyA that is who I am going fishing with tomorrow.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Well......seen the old man earlier this morning, there was quiet a crowd of ppl there to see him but they only let in 2 @ a time.
Since I stayed the night I was let to him @ 7am and had an hour 'til others started showing up so I left.

He is conscious but has this tube coming out of his mouth, it's something to help him breathing with.

Doctor told me the old man had a large clump of slime getting lose inside his lung and they had to suck it out. Well @ least its out now.

He was able to communicate with me by writing on a piece of paper and the first thing he wrote was this: "Hey fucker nice to see YOU here ------- at this f'ing place!" (he wrote that in two halfs).
He is taking some heavy medication and he was passing out (sleep) in between so we didn't get to "talk" too much...however he did tell me to make sure to go and see "Mr. xxxxxxxx" again "in a few days" which is the attorney I saw to initiate the transfer of title. Don't know though why he wants me to go and see him again.

That was it, thought I would share those details with those who might be interested.
I have to admit it feels kinda strange to share all those details with you strangers, there's only less than a handful people here on IC who know me in person and naturally I rarely get to see (and talk) to those, besides BabyA that is who I am going fishing with tomorrow.

Yah`mon

It's a great story strain, I imagine you want to share it with us, because you need to get some things of your chest/mind in this difficult time. It's very hard to go through something like this somewhat alone, especially when it's someone who means the world to you.

Enjoy as much time as you can afford with him, I wish I would have with my grandpa, I'm trying to make up for that now by spending as much time as I can with my grandma now.

Something noble about the older generation of folks, seen so much in their time.

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Hoping that he passes peacefully when it is his time. Until then, I hope that you enjoy anymore time spent with him! I hope that you have a relaxing time fishing and share photos of the bounty with the rest of us that are landlocked!

InJoy

Thanks for Sharin this StrainHunter

are you able to tell us more about that stamp?

I'm curious about the opium and coca, that other stamp you found on the net and posted was cannabis only so did these guys have permission to traffic any of those.

If you can't i understand but it would be cool to hear what that stamp permitted and under what conditions it was given.

The SG doc didn't mention opium (did it?) and the coca was never permitted or taxed so how did they get one for all three?

InJoy Your Day

J

Protea

wow, thats one cool gift. strange to think you could get such tings back in 59, tnx for charing

Yah`mon

Glad to hear he has been released.

Do ya got a little tree from the link... you could plant outside the old mans office window. That would put a smile on his face.:dance013:

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Well....stretched over the past few days I had a couple PM's in my inbox asking if I were OK since some of you haven't seen me on here as much as I usually am.

Just so those of you who care know the old man passed away the other night.

He was found dead in the morning by the maid. Suffocated.

RIP old man!

I have been considered in his last will with a huge tract of land.
The lawyers handling the procedure notified me part of the family is fighting that part but won't get anywhere with it.

EDIT/PS:

He was cremated and before that happened (during the viewing) I asked the guy in charge @ the morgue if I could add something small & personal to be cremated with him and he said OK. So since I had no quick access to weed I added a hand full of seeds in a little plastic bag.
After all without the old man I would not be who I am and where I am today. :(

166743_graveStone.jpg

Last edited:

Tronic

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss - seems that you did the most appropriate thing you could given the short notice.

Old man wanted to go out on his own terms I'm assuming - admirable. Just as it seems, by your stories, he was and though tit of you. Congratulations on your new property - I'm sure you'll make the best use out of it possible to honor his memory.

:tiphat:

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

Congratulations on your new property - I'm sure you'll make the best use out of it possible to honor his memory.

:tiphat:

He always referred to most of his family as the "F'ing hypocrites"

The funny part about the property I mentioned above is it divides an even larger property in 2.
I am getting the one in the middle, most of it is high and dry. The other two are mostly wetland.
You need to know most wetland in FL is protected, there is nothing one can do with it.

I am not sure if the old man did that to give me more leverage if I decide to sell it because there is nothing his family can do with the other two parcels without owning the one I got.
Or if he did that just to irritate them since they never forgave him for being heavily involved in "the industry" (so to speak) ;)

After all he made his fortune with what we all on here like. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts