What's new

Toakers 1200w Tent

Mt Toaker

Well I have this 4x8 tent and I have 2x600w lights with cool tubes.

I have a bunch of seeds now thanks to a very good friend.

I'm starting a grow thread. Hope you all enjoy!

Right now on deck I have nine Sour Diesel IBL by Rez, some seeds I've been looking at for a while so I'm pretty excited about this run. Luckily I have plenty of seeds I don't need, nor can I, keep a mother this run due to lack of veg space. As it stands seven of the nine have poped and I think I see the top of one starting to poke through the top of the peat puck so I stuck it in its cup of soil, which brings me to my mix.

I'm using the Moonshine Mix with a couple other additives to stimulate microlife, such as great white. If you like what you see I can get into it some more. As far as feeding, I pretty much feed by potting up generally, but I think I am going to start brewing some simple teas when I can get some money together to buy the stuff. I have the bucket and bubbler but I need the ewc, guano ect. They say not to feed moonshine mix but we'll see what happens :chin:

Not many photo's to start, just the 2. I haven't even labeled the cups because they are all SD IBL, I might wright 1-8 on them. This isn't the most professional setup and I'm not the most meticulous grower in the world but I feel I have a pretty good grasp on whats going on so we'll see what happens. Got about 2.5 oz off five plants out of the 12 I had in the tent this last round, though it wasn't at my house and I wasn't able to keep an eye on things very often because of personal circumstances. My goal for this grow is 6-700 grams realistically and if its more great. I'm no pro, nor will I ever claim to be. Always strive for perfection, never allow yourself to reach it :thinking:

Well anyhow, here are the two pics I got.
These are the seedlings, you can see seven or the eight cups, the back right one might be poking, or I could just be seeing a bit of dirty perlite stuck in the coco.
picture.php

Here is one of my two lights, you can see the cool tube. I'm running them at 50% and have them high up so the light isn't too much for the baby's.
picture.php

If you want to see more of the equipment, just ask and I'll be more than happy to open the tent up all the way and take a shot of it now and I can go into it, how its set up to move air ect. Otherwise It will happen later when I'm taking photos of the plants being big and lush. I'm using this more or less as a chance to photo document this but if you want me to give you any technical data I'm more than willing to share any info I have.

I plan on either scrogging or doing serious bonsai and training, but more than likely I will scrog it, which I have never done so again I'm excited for that I'm just now realizing how excited I really am about this grow, lots going on and lots to look forward too here. Come on in, pull up a chair and take a dab
picture.php

J

JimmyRow

Careful not to stretch those seedlings. Might consider some floros a couple of inches from the top of those seedlings

Mt Toaker

picture.php

Jimmy, I got a little bit of stretch but the thing that I find helps keep it from happening the most is air movement. Although you can see a couple of them that have gotten blown over and are now suffering what I refferr to as "the gangester lean." Also I have 2 600w lights in the tent, the one that isn't directly over them is only at 50% but the light that is over them is running at 100% and is a metal halide which would be putting out much more light even than T5's. That little bit of stretch will be taken care of when I transplant anyhow. I generally bury the stretch part of any seedling.

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
word up! got a nice log to kick back and enjoy the show! that tent is gonna be rockin most def! got my seat rolled up and my rig and torch in hand :tiphat:

-NE_G978-

R

recent guest

View Image

I generally bury the stretch part of any seedling.

Big ol' noob here: Have you buried this part of a plant before with good results? I always thought this would be good but in my orchard we avoid letting the applied mulch touch the base of the tree trunk because it can actually cause it to start rotting out. Across the garden, on the other hand, I mound potato plants (cover most of the plant base up with soil) with great results. Interested to see where this tek stands with mj. Bear

Mt Toaker

Bear, I have heard of that happening before, I would say its because the plants were being over watered. I've never lost a plant due to putting soil over that part before and have done it EVERY time I started from seed. I was just talking to some growers who plant their seeds lower in the cup with less dirt at first so when the seedling does begin to stretch like that they gradually add soil to give it support.

Mt Toaker

I know its only been 5 days but I feel like they are starting to take off so I took some early pictures, that and I think I am going to be to busy Monday to update.

picture.php

And here you can see most of them have begun to stand up on their own with the wind and I'm assuming because I've been turning them so much.

picture.php

Mt Toaker

Just transplanted, everything is looking pretty good imo. What do you all think?

Sorry about the blur, I had a bunch of coffee today. . . Best pic I took of roots lol
picture.php

picture.php

Looking much more uniform.
picture.php

The plants look healthy Toaker, I would love to see more pictures of your entire tent and equipment. Are you only running those 8 plants in the tent?

Mt Toaker

Yes i am. I will open her up and show you the set up and explain its functions. Its 4x8x7, 2of those lights pictured earlier in the thread. All the air coming in is through passive inlets, not fans. The only fan on the system is a 480 cfm that pulls air from inside the tent through a carbon scrubber over the lights and out. Right now my camera is dead and has to charge, when it does I'll take pics. Tomorrow, more than likely, is when those pics will get posted.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
hey Brah
Everything is looking fine !
Im sure the transplant u did t those babes will make them explode now.
Big ups Toaker
:wave:

Mt Toaker

Ok, here is my tent, it is a 4x8 Tent I bought off Amazon Here. The construction and dismantleing of the tent is a 1 man job, its cheep but not exactly light tight so you have to make sure the room is dark or you can tape it all up. Stand inside it set up with the lights on outside the tent and zip it all up, you'll see what I mean. Not bad for $170

picture.php

My light I bought off e-bay, they came with those shitty hangars and I bought good ones, only thing I've replaced from all the cheep equipment I bought. This is the exact auction I purchased twice to get 2 of them.

picture.php

This is the exact carbon scrubber I use. $180 for a 6" fan and carbon filter.

As you can see, the scrubber is sitting in the room attached to the lights, the fan is on top of the tent and I really can't get a picture of it. The fan is pulling through the filter, making it so NO air escapes the tent and controlling odor when in flower.

picture.php

picture.php

Mt Toaker

For air circulation in the tent I just have this fan, and you can see the cheep little humidifier I have sitting next to it, bought for $20 bucks at the pharmacy. Humidifier works great but it uses a gallon of water in 24 hours, so I have to fill it every day.

picture.php

Mt Toaker

Here are my clones, this is the update for today, hope everything was explained well. If there are any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

All Sour Raspberry
picture.php