What's new

Tleaf joins in!

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

I haven't really gotten too big a chance to read (or at least retain any info lol) on the life span of microbes. I was under the impression that they multiplied so your soil would build up microbial life. do they breed before the die off days later?

also, is the microbial life dependent on the compost tea because of the molasses? this grow I'm doing right now keeps saying no compost and no molasses but instead use ewc and a simple syrup using sugar diluted in water for a feed that they can eat easily (compared to molasses) to grow bigger and then the fish is supposed to provide nutrients to break down because apparently microbes LOVE fish. I'm trying to make my microbes work and not be lazy molasses eating moochers. This is supposed to up my ERGS which is measured using a tds meter in some soil/water like when you test for pH. But it's just measuring ppms?? isn't that just nutrients like the fish that could still be in my soil? is a ergs rating more for a water only grow to see how well your microbes are processing the amendments? everyone says organics are easy!?

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
the components of the teas determine the microbiology as you know . fungal and bacterial microbes must be present in your soil to chelate the organic material to food for the plant. I imagine that as they multiply they are also consuming, since we aren't growing in the great out doors where the bacterial microbes are transporting on bugs and from falling leaf litter we have to introduce it ourselves . Hence the mulching needing to be maintained to keep your microbes in your toplayer of your soil safe from drying out. Of course the microbes habitat defines there multiplying habbits I would assume(temp , ph , food) .you would have to decide what microbes your searching for and brew your tea accordingly. In theory we don't have to feed these teas to our soil , as AHAB said its just a supercharge for plants , same affect could be adding humic acids or fulvic acids directly to your plant ...basically making it eat more.

To be honest all of this is just for us to pass the time until we can harvest ,if you think about it . people who don't have the time to research and apply experiments in there garden are the majority in the growing community. these things we are trying are filling a certain niche in our lives that people on the hunt for knowledge must fill. We could plant seed in miracle grow dirt and grow 8' plants with no problems and get great buds , but wheres the fun it that.:tiphat:

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

the components of the teas determine the microbiology as you know . fungal and bacterial microbes must be present in your soil to chelate the organic material to food for the plant. I imagine that as they multiply they are also consuming, since we aren't growing in the great out doors where the bacterial microbes are transporting on bugs and from falling leaf litter we have to introduce it ourselves . Hence the mulching needing to be maintained to keep your microbes in your toplayer of your soil safe from drying out. Of course the microbes habitat defines there multiplying habbits I would assume(temp , ph , food) .you would have to decide what microbes your searching for and brew your tea accordingly. In theory we don't have to feed these teas to our soil , as AHAB said its just a supercharge for plants , same affect could be adding humic acids or fulvic acids directly to your plant ...basically making it eat more.

To be honest all of this is just for us to pass the time until we can harvest ,if you think about it . people who don't have the time to research and apply experiments in there garden are the majority in the growing community. these things we are trying are filling a certain niche in our lives that people on the hunt for knowledge must fill. We could plant seed in miracle grow dirt and grow 8' plants with no problems and get great buds , but wheres the fun it that.:tiphat:

I really wish I would've had a bit more time to research this before that contest started! I seriously just decided to put my hydro set away a few days before they announced it. I've been cramming info ever since. what you just said has helped me understand what the fuck he has been talking about soil drenches this whole time! google fucking sucks.

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

describing the natural process of leaf litter, bugs and such helping to inoculate the soil repeatedly now makes perfect sense. I wish I could go back and change the beginning thread so people don't get misinformed while reading my learning process. I can't wait for the second harvest of this style of growing for me. the first harvest is always the learning experience harvest

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
so after seing what DD is doing with her fermented plant extracts , I have been thinking a lot about diffusion sloutes through solvents and the passing of molecules through membranes of cytoplasm, very interesting. I came to the realization of the importance of salts in relation to organic cells. Also what has peaked my interest is the manufacturing of proteins , they have labs that have synthesized small beads the same size as ribosomes that can attaract proteins from bacteria that they have grown using what we know as bacterial compost teas ..SHITS CRAZY!!. the proteins begin to form crystals in side of these molecular beads through certain process. I imagine the proteins present in our nutes go through a similar process , hence the crust around the top of your nute bottles :thinking:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
so after seing what DD is doing with her fermented plant extracts , I have been thinking a lot about diffusion sloutes through solvents and the passing of molecules through membranes of cytoplasm, very interesting. I came to the realization of the importance of salts in relation to organic cells. Also what has peaked my interest is the manufacturing of proteins , they have labs that have synthesized small beads the same size as ribosomes that can attaract proteins from bacteria that they have grown using what we know as bacterial compost teas ..SHITS CRAZY!!. the proteins begin to form crystals in side of these molecular beads through certain process. I imagine the proteins present in our nutes go through a similar process , hence the crust around the top of your nute bottles :thinking:

And our ketchup bottles :biggrin:

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

my plant extract has juice in it already and everything is looking like it working. can't wait to foliar spray it compared to my marine extract product Nitrozime. I'm personally betting on Nitrozime but I can see how the plants like the extracts.

so the salts help with osmosis when foliar spraying and that is why the chem ferts work better than the organic fert foliars.

but osmosis can also happen when you use sugar and sugar applied foliarly helped with intake and mobilization within the plant (if I remember the glucose foliar thread right). So maybe the plant extracts will work rather well since I used brown sugar to extract the good parts that are beneficial. I'm really thinking this could work well as I think about it...

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
make sure your humidity is in check so your leaves stomata will be open and accepting of the foliar ....aren't you worried about the stickiness of the spray on your leaves ?

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

yes. I am concerned about the sticky factor. the extract uses sugar though that is then diluted in water but perhaps I should give it to them as a soil drench or feeding instead. I'm curious as to how that glucose foliar article used it in it's application.

all foliars should be spray after the lights go off to take advantage of the bight time humidity levels. good looking out tleaf!

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Hows it going tleaf :tiphat:

Not sure if you know but there is a great book called "Teaming with Microbes: The Organic Gardener's Guide to the Soil
Food Web". Book really helped me understand microbes and feeding the soil instead of the plant type of deal. I highly
recommend it if you have not already.

:lurk:

BayBHuey

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
yea im up on it Huey I haven't read it but ive heard great things, I usually read text books but I will be on the look out for it...kinda hard to pick up a book when you got the world wide web at your fingertips :laughing: ....what tips you got from the book?

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
@tleaf :wave:

I would have to grab the book to remember all the good things in there.
I just remember it opening my eyes :scripture: to how I see things. Such as how organic and chemical fertilizers differ.
With organics and microbes there is an entire universe at work in the soil.

The book puts things in a way the net doesn't. I am sure you can find all the information on the net if you were
to research microbes and how they work and save $$$$$.

I thought I would recommend it because the discussion I read. :tiphat:

BayBHuey

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
@tleaf :wave:

I would have to grab the book to remember all the good things in there.
I just remember it opening my eyes :scripture: to how I see things. Such as how organic and chemical fertilizers differ.
With organics and microbes there is an entire universe at work in the soil.

The book puts things in a way the net doesn't. I am sure you can find all the information on the net if you were
to research microbes and how they work and save $$$$$.

I thought I would recommend it because the discussion I read. :tiphat:

BayBHuey

good looks HUEY ever wanna kick the shit on any subject just swing through... im well versed on many subjects :tiphat:

What's up tleaf! I saw that you reuse your soil. Thats cool, and something I don't have any experience with, good to have a guide haha. Couldn't really find what you got running at the moment(huge thread lol), but the pics look tasty!

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
What's up tleaf! I saw that you reuse your soil. Thats cool, and something I don't have any experience with, good to have a guide haha. Couldn't really find what you got running at the moment(huge thread lol), but the pics look tasty!

I got purple og 18 and phantom cookie going atm , I should be getting some seeds soon so there will be more shit to come :tiphat:

picture.php
PURPLE OG 18#

picture.php
PHANTOM COOKIE

any questions on anything be sure to ask always love to help