What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

bodymind

Veteran
picture.php

guatemalan sativa - lemon pheno

Hi dubi

I've been growing Tikal and Panama from fem seed since Christmas in a coastal environment in central queensland Australia. Both are suited well to our climate and are great plants I've harvested probably 10 of each now varying in size from 3-7 foot tall. I've had a few mold problems with the panama and 1 tikal threw a couple bananas on a bottom branch causing a bit of seed. Besides these few issues they are by far the best plants ive grown in years.

I have 3 question I was hoping you might be able to help with

I've just sprouted and raised 25 fem golden tigers and 25 fem panama
They are all about 30cm high and 3 weeks old and' im going to move them outside this weekend and plant them in the ground. They should go straight into flower as we are already in 12\12. How big do you think they might get?

I've heard strains with Thai heritage experience hermie probs. Do you have any reports of fem GT having hermie traits?

Last but not least, my seed supplier contacted Lui to try and get his hands on some fem tikal seeds, but was told the last seed production failed. Do you have any idea when the next production might occur and when see will be available?

I'll get some photos of this next lot of panama and gt and post them!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Greetings crazy shovel,

Thanks for your feedback and support! I'm glad our genetics are working fine in your area.

Tikal feminized reproduction was not successful and therefore there's no tikal fem stock for this year.

Regarding the estimated height of your new seedlings: panama fem reaches sexual maturity earlier than golden tiger fem, so panama should finish earlier and smaller in size. Golden Tiger will start to flower later and should finish bigger. Probably your plants still can reach 1.5 meters easily, depending on the growing conditions. Good luck!

Hi dubi,

I'm pleased to say I checked on them last weekend and they are all going super.
They are all 6 weeks from germination and around 1.2-1.4m high. A couple of the panama are just starting to show hairs, but the Tigers are probably a little larger in structure and like you said, are maturing later.
As I have 2 in each hole (which is 90cm x 90cm) I have tied them over in opposite direction east/west so they get better winter sun.
Things are looking up! Can you see any issues or advantages with tying them over or have any recommendations for flowering to increase yield and potency?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi crazy shovel,

If they are growing outdoors in soil my recommendation is just to provide them plenty of sun, water and enough fertilizer, sativa will do the rest :)

The Hatter

Veteran
Hi dubi

I've been growing Tikal and Panama from fem seed since Christmas in a coastal environment in central queensland Australia!

How do the two strains compare to each other in regard to their effects? I've gotten to try Ace Panama which was really something special so now I'm curious how Tikal measures up in comparison.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi dubi. Can you please tell us more about the Kush/Haze father or mother? Did you cross Oldtimer's Haze with Pakistan Chitral Kush?
Cheers.

Hi Cannabisso,

I think we already comment about it earlier in the thread. The Haze/Kush line came from a close friend that used to live in Holland 10 years ago. She always bought what it was her favourite weed (a haze hybrid) at the local coffee shop and after months buying the same weed she found a few seeds, she saved the seeds and brought them back to spain where i grew them and found a haze incensey x indica hybrid (probably a northern light haze), i selected my favourite haze/kush female from the batch and it was pollinated by komanche with pure guatemala polen. Kush/Haze x Guatemala was the first Tikal outcrossed version available in 2005.

Next season, komanche backcrossed their best Tikal poly hybrid again with pure guatemala: Guatemala x (Kush/Haze x Guatemala), and the backcrossed version was inbred 4 generations more till today.

Tikal is a sativa dominant hybrid with great balance of traits from the 3 lines involved: the earliness and improved flower density from the indica touch, the incensey aromas from haze line but it's mainly guatemala, showing the very clear guatemala effect and the best sweet bubblegum aromas from the american sativa line.

It's a pitty is not more popular strain cos is one of my favourite to smoke, it's especially recommended for the lovers of the old good mexican sativa effects.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
How do the two strains compare to each other in regard to their effects? I've gotten to try Ace Panama which was really something special so now I'm curious how Tikal measures up in comparison.

Hola The Hatter,

Both Panama and Tikal have similar flowering times and size.

Panama is better yielder and more powerful but Tikal effect is more clear and energetic. There are more similarities between Tikal and Panama green phenos, panama red has a denser effect. Hope it helps!

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Tikal - Day 80

Tikal - Day 80

Just a quick post with some pics of my Tikal on Harvest Day - Day 80 of flowering.

She was a wild ride - the pics, however don't do her justice as I didn't have good light and I was not able to get a real, defined sense of the different major branches. Also, some of the major branches had fallen over and were not visible - I didn't have time to strike a good pose. Still, I think you can get a picture. It was deceptively productive - it's beefiness was very slow at first but crept up to the end. The buds appear to be small and dense and on individual branches.

Her perfume is a very sweet, somewhat decayed berry mixed with some sort of hint of fuel. Complex. My initial hit is that she is quite potent and packs a punch. Deep. Can't wait for the cure!

Attachments

• tikal_1.jpg
    tikal_1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 61
  • tikal_2.jpg
    tikal_2.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 68

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm very happy to see your Tikal mayan :) Komanche (his breeder) will be very happy to see her too.

Tikal is a great central american sativa hybrid, based mostly on guatemala genetics. It has been worked from seed since 2004 and now it's around the F4 generation and performing very well.

Hope you enjoy her! :tiphat:

Bleiweis

Veteran
Looks great! I hope there will be a fem.version available again for us small time growers with limited space and time :)

S

scai

Just had to pop few Tikals ;).
Some of Ace gear and some seeds that she made few years earlier ;)
Beautiful plan Mayan.Just fantastic!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks great! I hope there will be a fem.version available again for us small time growers with limited space and time :)

Hi Bleiweis,

Komanche (Tikal's breeder) is working again with the line selecting from 4-5 different lines from 2008-2009, so hopefully a good new Tikal standard version will be available in winter. If everything goes well, the feminized version will come next, by using the best parental plants from the previous standard selection.

The last Tikal stock (from 2011-2012) is about to finish. I really like this line, it's a very friendly central american sativa tamed line, with the clean positive and up effect of the good mexicans but with a slighty more modern sweet incensey taste, better yield and shorter/moderate flowering time compared with a pure mexican. I want to see this line back in good shape. Will keep you updated with news!

Bleiweis

Veteran
Fem. or standard...im sold! Next season i'll try my luck with Tikal ;) might even try to breed something if i'll have the space.
Thanks for the reply ;)
Cheers

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Ordered some Tikal (currently at F4, I think)
with hopes of finding a C pheno for crossing with the GHxT "F5" seeds I'll soon be making...

High ker2noir,

there are 2 main phenos in Tikal original poly hybrid, most of the Tikal plants belong to:

A) Guatemala dominant pheno: This pheno grows with lighter leaf than the other ones, short internode distance, strong branching. She flowers producing very long colas of strawberry aroma and incense in the smoke. Flowering time is around 10-11 weeks.

B) Dutch sativa dominant pheno: This pheno grows with darker and more robust appearance. Less branching than pheno A but thicker stems. Flowers are denser, developing big sativa separated flowers but not long colas. Aroma is denser, not so sweet like pheno A. Flowering time around 11-12 weeks. The first plant you are posting belongs to this pheno B.

C) Long flowering haze dominant pheno: A rare exceptional haze pheno, finishing with purple colours and incense aroma (purple haze influence mixed with purple colours from guatemala sativa). Old school american sativa smoke. Excellent quality. Flowering time 14 weeks. I think your 2nd plant for outdoor growing belongs to this pheno but not completly sure till the end of flowering.

We are going to love your next outdoor updates, always a pleasure ker2noir! dubi

Sounds like a great strain.

saludos

v1ru5

I got some Tikal as a freebie when I got my Golden Tigers! This thread makes me wanna pop em!