What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

S

scai

Tikal looks like a very pretty plant, mind you, still long way to flower, but I like her structure...
efbad79629b733a75c9cdf4c84ecd336_914605.jpg

Gandalb

This is a Tikal #4. The best pheno I've ever smoked. Tikal Fem is also very interesting.

Behind her you can see an Angola x Meao Thai, also from ACE.

snc00308g.jpg
snc00310i.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi! I just wrote you about the guatemalan x flo hybrid: She is harvested and the f1 i selected has the best characteristics of both lines and an increased yield. She smells of pink lemonade, similar to the ace panama that i have tried, and the high is very clear, up, and funny and not too potent.

I have made a back cross to my flo line and a made a whole new batch of guat x flo f1's with the original guat mom and a select male from the next generation of my flo line :)

Great news bodymind :) Im glad you are happy with your own home breeding, ace and dj's inbred lines are very desirable for outcrossings and other breeding projects, and as i commented previously in other threads our sativas mix especially good with his mostly indica lines -> Quality of high, vigor, beautiful colors and exotic tastes ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Tikal looks like a very pretty plant, mind you, still long way to flower, but I like her structure...
View Image

Beautiful baby scai :) Is the new Tikal generation am i right ?
It grows a bit indica in the first stages but after 1 month of life she shows very sativa branching and leaf pattern. Good luck!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This is a Tikal #4. The best pheno I've ever smoked. Tikal Fem is also very interesting.

Behind her you can see an Angola x Meao Thai, also from ACE.

You are right Gandalb ;) Tikal 4 it was also my very favourite tikal line, a perfect mix of guatemala traits and haze aromas and crazy effect, probably the most powerful tikal line too but also the slowest to flower.

I commented with komanche (tikal breeder) to keep working towards this Tikal 4 line but after reading about some very late flowering tikal reports he hesitate and now he is re working again the population with a bit more indica.

Angola x Thai was an amazing hybrid, especially for the high! Terrific!! :D Glad you saved the old seeds!

Hi guys just found this thread. It has been a good read and i'm pretty excited. Just started to germinate 6 x Fem Tikal beans tonight in a wet paper towel. I will be putting them outside in australia in holes about 300 litres growing organically. Hopefully they will veg for 4 months before going into flower so they should be monsters :) I might take a few photos and notes along the way to add to this thread

S

scai

Hi guys just found this thread. It has been a good read and i'm pretty excited. Just started to germinate 6 x Fem Tikal beans tonight in a wet paper towel. I will be putting them outside in australia in holes about 300 litres growing organically. Hopefully they will veg for 4 months before going into flower so they should be monsters :) I might take a few photos and notes along the way to add to this thread
Please do ;)
My Tikals went down with Vietnam Black Thai, who pollinated them ;)
So, many seeds, but...
It is nice plant, very "minty" very good growing, pity that mine were full of seeds, well, can't complain...let's see what will become of those...Interesting ;)

waveguide

Veteran
My Tikals went down with Vietnam Black Thai, who pollinated them ;)
So, many seeds, but...

you are now personally responsible to make sure all those seeds get planted! you made them. perhaps you can find a friendly pilot.. ;)

:woohoo:

K

KSP

Guatemalan/Tikal 4/Uncommon Haze-like pheno?

Guatemalan/Tikal 4/Uncommon Haze-like pheno?

This seems like a long flowering phenotype, as my Panama, Verde Limon, and Angola/Meao Thai are well ahead of her and will finish in about 2 - 3 weeks. This one takes a lot of feeding (bat and bird guanos, kelp, molasses) and I probably didn't feed her enough - first time with Tikal. I could have pruned her more also before stretch.

Wondering if this might be the "rare haze pheno" mentioned very early in the thread:

...main phenos in Tikal original poly hybrid...

C) Long flowering haze dominant pheno: A rare exceptional haze pheno, finishing with purple colours and incense aroma (purple haze influence mixed with purple colours from guatemala sativa). Old school american sativa smoke. Excellent quality. Flowering time 14 weeks.

or if it is Tikal #4 type, or possibly just long-flowering Guatemalan leaning pheno. Really branchy and vigorous. Sorry no full plant shots, she is about 4 meters and hard to photograph at my site :D

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

bodymind

Veteran
interesting structure ksp... i've had a few longer flowering guats look similar in bud structure, but i have no idea how things are expressed in tikal.

K

KSP

Many thanks bodymind, it may be Guatemalan influenced. This plant was from older seed batches that were more Guatemalan influenced I think. Flowering seemed to accelerate in the last 10 days or so; hopefully we get a nice Indian summer here at the end of the month.

Golani

Tikal o Green Haze x Thai for the Caribbean

Tikal o Green Haze x Thai for the Caribbean

Hola a todos , I been reading about the green haze x Thai is very good for outdoor , right now I live in Puerto Rico the weather here is around 86f or 30c , how is the Tikal for the Caribbean ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This seems like a long flowering phenotype, as my Panama, Verde Limon, and Angola/Meao Thai are well ahead of her and will finish in about 2 - 3 weeks. This one takes a lot of feeding (bat and bird guanos, kelp, molasses) and I probably didn't feed her enough - first time with Tikal. I could have pruned her more also before stretch.

Wondering if this might be the "rare haze pheno" mentioned very early in the thread:

or if it is Tikal #4 type, or possibly just long-flowering Guatemalan leaning pheno. Really branchy and vigorous. Sorry no full plant shots, she is about 4 meters and hard to photograph at my site :D

Beautiful outdoor Tikal KSP :)

The long flowering phenos are usually related to the more sativa guatemala/haze genes. This kind of branching and flowering structure is very typical for Tikal. Can't wait to finish the 4 meter monster finishing :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola a todos , I been reading about the green haze x Thai is very good for outdoor , right now I live in Puerto Rico the weather here is around 86f or 30c , how is the Tikal for the Caribbean ?

Welcome Golani,

Most of our sativas work perfectly at your location: Panama, Congo, Tikal, Malawi, Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica .... and you also have the chance to grow the most tropical sativas lines like Green Haze Thai, Purple Haze Thai, Oldtimer's Haze, Double Thai ... They grow it their full potential outdoors in a climate like yours. Hope it helps!

K

KSP

Beautiful outdoor Tikal KSP :)

The long flowering phenos are usually related to the more sativa guatemala/haze genes. This kind of branching and flowering structure is very typical for Tikal. Can't wait to finish the 4 meter monster finishing :tiphat:

Many thanks Dubi. I hope she will finish properly, usually first week of November is end of season here but maybe I'll get lucky and get a late Indian summer. Either way she has been interesting to grow.

The Hatter

Veteran
Has anyone around here crossed tikal or Guatemalan with a nepalese strain? I think they might make a nice hybrid. It probably wouldn't be super potent but I bet there would be good vigor and a nice happy and warm effect.