What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
They are progressing nicely with every update, rlsmooth! :)

I would recommend you to lower down the nitrogen in your feedings (they are showing leaf curling and excessive leaf production in flowering), but keeping the same PK quantities.

Thanks for your frequent updates! :yes:

rlsmooth

Tikal has been flowering for around 10 weeks soonish and is very close to the end. The lime buffer in my soil was consumed lately and slight yellowing has begun. Very strong plant endured several periods of darkness due to bulb breakouts and also transportations in very cold weather etc. Smell is something like raw banana or peaches :D very resinous can't wait to smoke it..it is falling from it's own weight so the leaves are a bit droopy because I have to fix and move that plant almost on daily basis..

orNJlucl.jpg

gSELY5Ml.jpg

Samuel Caldwell

Nice work!

I've started a couple more Tikal fem seeds. They were enjoyable on my first round but I'm looking forward to giving them a proper run this time.

Pretty work RLSMOOTH..!! Looks like a fun grow, looking forward to a Tikal smoke report..

I have 4 tikal (peachy incense Pheno) x Honduras VEGGING, PULLED THE TRIGGER and picked them up after watching SYD's absolutely CRUSH HIS test TIKAL grow..

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rlsmooth,

I love the refined fruity terpenes that latest Tikal generations are producing ;)
Glad you are finding your Tikal appealing too!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Pretty work RLSMOOTH..!! Looks like a fun grow, looking forward to a Tikal smoke report..

I have 4 tikal (peachy incense Pheno) x Honduras VEGGING, PULLED THE TRIGGER and picked them up after watching SYD's absolutely CRUSH HIS test TIKAL grow..

Excellent news ThermalRider :)

I'm always excited when growers start to grow our latest works, wish you find this one interesting, please keep us updated with your progresses!

rlsmooth

Early Tikal smoke tests have made me fall in love with the strain even more. Cut it just after 10 weeks, pistil production had stopped and plant had a good yellowing going, buds were hard. Smells hazeish- spicy- fruity/juicy. But the effect at the moment..it's really upbeat smoke.

You can keep active while smoking it, but chiling in the depths of a sofa is also a possibility while dominating in video games. Yesterday did some lsd( not the psychedelic you freaks) long slow distance running while under Tikal effect and it was damn good exercice. Very clear headed and warm feeling smoke, slight relaxation and no anxiety what so ever. Enchances audio experiences. Anyway this is the initial feeling, very happy got what I was searching for. Will post nugget pics and tell about the smoke more when it evolves and has spent more time in the jars. Strongly recommend Tikal and willl definetly grow it again, yield was also pretty good in my books!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for the positive feedback rlsmooth, much appreciated it! :thank you:

All your descriptions of the traits are in line with how i would qualify a good Tikal.
Her fruity incensey refined terpenes, short/moderate flowering time and good indoor behavior with lamps, and especially for her great effect: very uplifting, psychedelic, yet positive, well focused, without heaviness or anxiety.

Tikal is one of my favourite sativa strains to smoke from our catalogue, and along with Panama is one of the best central american sativa hybrids commercially available and developed in the last 15 years.

Unfortunately Tikal haven't had the attention she deserves and not many growers have had the pleasure to experience all her good qualities.

Wish positive experiences like yours motivate more growers to explore this great sativa strain, highly worked for 15 years until F6 current stage.

G

Congrats on your harvest brother rlsmooth!

Judging by the great bud/leaf ratio and bud structure,and from the flowering time as well ,I think this was a bit more "kush haze" leaner than mine.What do you think Dubi?

I love my Tikal,maybe the most pronounced quality of the high is the "psychedelic" side I would say...First two months were promising but you could tell it needed time.After this it started to get really nice!
Not very energetic,but alert in the same time.Not crisp clear,but not muddy,either.My specimen at least brought back some good haze memories...

The smell is peachy/hazey and somewhat wood/incense.The vape gives a delicious taste with this one.Smoking it gave a hint but vaping it was a whole different game.I like it equally for a wake and bake,as well as for an evening toke.

I would grow her again in my next round if my hand wasn't itching for Guawi or Panama x Tikal that are resting in the fridge ;) They'll probably be in rotation in the next year ...

Some sticky budlets after 4 months of curing.Sorry for not posting bigger (or clearer :biggrin: )ones,but the rest is vacuum sealed and is like a Tang cob now,not very photogenic but VERY aromatic!

srtucXU.jpg

OnceUpon

still my fav smoke after running a good portion of the ace catalog ,loving it.. focusing a lot of time creating with some tikal hybrids with a short structured male.. who im finding out passes on that stawberry smell.... good vibe herb

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Syd Barrett,

Tikal has been worked a lot and no longer produces in latest generations a 'straight' NL/Haze pheno or a pure Guatemala pheno, traits have been mixed a lot and new genetic combinations appeared in the breeding process, like the strawberry phenos already found in the first Tikal generations (strawberry aromas where not present in NL/Haze parental plants or pure Guatemalas which were used to produced Tikal) or the peach phenos from latest generations ... sometimes new traits and new terpene profiles appear when joinning very different lines and when they are breed far from their origins.

Really happy you are still enjoying your well deserved Tikal flowers :)
I also find that Tikal needs around 3 months of proper curing to show her best qualities regarding her effect and terpene profile.

Damn :D i am also very excited about the possibilities coming from hybrids between Panama and Tikal, we produced Panama Goddess x Tikal R7 fem 2 years ago ... and now as we speak seeds of the opposite cross (Tikal R7 x Panama Goddess) are maturing, it's going to be really interesting to learn which one performs best, although i have the feeling both have great potential.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
still my fav smoke after running a good portion of the ace catalog ,loving it.. focusing a lot of time creating with some tikal hybrids with a short structured male.. who im finding out passes on that stawberry smell.... good vibe herb

Hi OnceUpon :)

Thanks for chime in, your feedback is very appreciated!
Glad to know Tikal is your favourite strain you have tried so far from us, and that you have breeding plans for her! ;)
Please, let us know about your goals with your own Tikal hybrids.

Best wishes!

OnceUpon

i loved tikal's nice vibe... preservation was priority... then in hybrids. hoping to pass on the happy effect.. if i can.. hopefully improve yeild flowering time and bud structure
after enjoying it so much i went to seek out more similar varieties to match her with... ready for testing is hybrids with kali china, mextiza f2, tropical seed senegal.. plus a couple more

OnceUpon

i'm currently exploring a panama x tikal cross that i did last year... quite uniform aromas and structures.. none are as tall and stretchy as their tikal momma

Attachments

• pan x tik (5).jpg
    pan x tik (5).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 29

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OnceUpon,

Excellent, Kali China x Tikal and Mextiza x Tikal sounds great for my tastes :)
Your own Panama x Tikal hybrid looks great as well, and quite well tamed in size and structure, i would say your plant leans more to the Tikal side, how are the aromas so far ?
More Panama, closer to Tikal, or a mix ?

We also have produced a Panama Goddess x Tikal R7 fem F1 hybrid which i want to test in more depth in the close future, and we are also about to harvest seeds of the reciprocal cross Tikal R7 x Panama Goddess. Should be fun to test both and check which one works best, hopefully we find interesting blend of traits in both like it was the case in the Malawi and Panama F1s recently released.

Latest posts

Latest posts