What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

OnceUpon

smell is quite a mix, with panama's woody incense dominating... the tame structure surprises me, the mom being the tall american tikal pheno.. the cross is faster and squatter than both parents

OnceUpon

here is a tikal fem. it survived a lot of neglect and an accidental reveg.. happy to say that this and her sister were the only plants out many strains that were completely powdery mildew free. tikal just would not get it

i think i'll reveg this one, and if the smoke is right... she'll get run again next fall

Attachments

• tikal bush.jpg
    tikal bush.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 32
  • tikal closer.jpg
    tikal closer.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 35
G

smell is quite a mix, with panama's woody incense dominating... the tame structure surprises me, the mom being the tall american tikal pheno.. the cross is faster and squatter than both parents

Great hybrid!Could it be that the compact structure was influenced by the indoor reproduction ?But I doubt one generation would be enough for that...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Tikal fem seed 2 weeks flower

Tikal fem seed 2 weeks flower

This is a plant from fem pack. She is growing rapidly and when all is said and done she would stretched 3x her veg height. Very vigorous and started flower in about 14 days from flip. I'll post again when some weight has been added.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Jahaze,

Lovely Tikal! :) A very sativa pheno, no doubt, probably related to some of the earlier generations of the strain. Good luck and enjoy with the flowering stage!

Hi dubi,
I got 5 Tikal regular seeds from Seedsman as promo last March and it was time to see how they perform. I sprouted them in Jiffys, transplanted to 0,4 liter cups and than to 4 liter growbags. Vegged them for a total of 3 weeks and switched to 12/12.
The first outing was 2 weeks later, a quite indica looking male that got culled. 1 week later a male and a female showed sex and another week later another female. The last plant took another 2 weeks to show sex and got composted like the second male. The 2 female got chopped up for cloning for a later run since i needed the space.
Here you can see 3 of the clones at 3 weeks of 12/12. The one in the right corner is STS treated … still no preflowers on any of them. The big sister in front is a SSH that needs another week, after that all 3 will have 3 instead of 2 Sanlight S2W.

Is the Tikal line always that late with showing sex, or do i just got realy Guatemala/Haze leaning Phenos?

Attachments

• 490FAC4D-A444-4887-8211-49697E44E17B.jpg
    490FAC4D-A444-4887-8211-49697E44E17B.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 22
  • A6497E49-B22A-4C76-9C4C-7FE7061E9042.jpg
    A6497E49-B22A-4C76-9C4C-7FE7061E9042.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 22

Spaventa

Veteran
Im about to put mine in paper towels :) Little side by side of original version and the updated version. I liked the original so I will probably love the updated one, certainly if these stories of woody incense are true ;)

They will be joining my Panama Haze now the Critical Jack are harvested.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Is the Tikal line always that late with showing sex, or do i just got realy Guatemala/Haze leaning Phenos?

Welcome Sarayidoja,

Current Tikal fem version has been bred towards more modern and faster flowering phenos so it's faster showing sex from seed. Usually a trained eye can identify their sex in their preflowers after 4 weeks of life, although Tikal regular release is more diverse and also contains older and longer flowering lines more related to the Guatemala/Haze phenos which were more prevalent at F2 stage, these may take longer to show their sex.

Guess you want to produce fem seeds in this cycle rather than sinsemilla flowers.
Good luck with the reproduction, hopefully the reversion works fine and coordinates well with the females you want to pollinate.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Im about to put mine in paper towels :) Little side by side of original version and the updated version. I liked the original so I will probably love the updated one, certainly if these stories of woody incense are true ;)

They will be joining my Panama Haze now the Critical Jack are harvested.

Hi Spaventa :)

That's great to hear, the new updated Tikal fem version has much more refined fruity incensey aromas and it's more compact, faster to flower and better adapted to indoor growing than previous regular releases, at least in average. It's going to be really interesting to compare the different Tikal versions in the same grow. Best wishes with them! :yes:

OnceUpon

tikal journey

tikal journey

i am still trodding along my tikal journey
this winter i tested the fem version, as well as 2 hybrids i made with 2 different tikal parents: panama x tikal & nl x tikal.

tikal fem version was improved growth wise, potency wise, bud structure. all as advertised. altough my personal preferance was the central american pheno from the regular version... fem version had a bit more stone and edge i wasnt expecting... again as advertised. the central american pheno is the happier lighter less potent pheno.. has me thinking i might like honduras?

tikal x nl was dominated by strawberry from its tikal dad, earliest ones were best. with the latest being the most NL like smoke

tikal x panama used a lanky strawberry tikal mom with panama dad, heres a shot of 3. panama incense aromas galore. earliest were strongest and stoniest. latest was my fav. clearer effect, foxtail buds. less incense more lemon. super nice!

im happy. gonna keep going in this direction.
thanks to a kind friend i have tikal x honduras waiting...
plus fresh tropical seed senegal x tikal from my last run. and the mextiza x tikal sounds like it will be exactly the kind of smoke im looking for. cheers ace team!

seeds from my 2 fem females pollenated by same tikal male... and

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent OnceUpon :)

Thank you very much for sharing with us your latest breeding endeavours with Tikal, i really like the direction you are taking with your Tikal hybrids.

If you really prefer the wilder and more landrace Tikal's Guatemala phenos then i think you will enjoy a lot the pristine pure Honduras effects, although an Honduras hybrid will deliver stronger and more complex effects than pure Honduras.

We are also exploring the best possible combinations between Panama and Tikal. My goal with a hybrid between these 2 highly worked sativas would be a fast flowering and relatively compact central american sativa super refined hybrid, with Panama's resin production, flower density and high flower/leaf ratio, and with a strong yet very refined and well focused, friendly, positive and up Tikal kind of effect, and with a blend of best terpene profiles from both lines: strawberry, vanilla, lemon and incense.
Maybe i'm asking for too much but with the right blend of parental plants i think is feasible.

OnceUpon

i spoke too soon... my last harvested fem tikal had the kind clear and effects im looking for. so 1 of 3 was on the money, other 2 were quite nice as well in their own way.
i was surprised by how compact my panama x tikal grew. also more potent than the 2 panama beside them. and panama is plenty strong enough already.

i think your goals are very much reachable, keeping the tikal up/clarity will be the tricky . panama really came through in the effects of my version
after a week of smoking the strongest one.... my cheeks were tired. too much smiling

i appreciate being able to pop by here and share the progress with you. i have learned a lot watching you at work over the last couple years. i'll be back with more fun before too long

cheers dubi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your kind words OnceUpon, i also learn with all of you every day here!

Glad you found a female from the newer Tikal feminized version with the effects of your taste ;) This fem version is also more compact and fast flowering in average than previous regular versions and has more refined terpene profiles.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Samuel,

Thanks for sharing yours! To be honest, your Tikals seem to be more in their 3rd-4th week of real flowering.

Try to keep them green through the flowering by checking properly the ec and ph of your waterings and feedings and they will reward you with the quality and yield you deserve! ;)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Tikal getting bigger :)

Looks like I got 2 phenotypes here, two have wider leaves (left side first picture) than the last one since the beginning.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1000725.jpg
    P1000725.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 19
  • P1000726.jpg
    P1000726.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 19