What's new

Tikal

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi grahamwelington,

Unfortunately there are no plans to produce a Tikal fem version in 2016, at least in the first half of the year.

We put lot of efforts in the latest Tikal standard reproduction (hence the Tikal standard Breeders Pack). This latest Tikal release is providing great results and i highly recommend you to explore it, although is not fem.

ObsidianMirror

Hey, doing a quick update on the tikals, here's a photo of the bigger sister, I have a hard time getting the shot of the full plant, but below you can see the 5 biggest colas amongst the 15 it has!

It's at 69 days of flowering as of today!

And here you can see a shot of a small nug of a cola from the smaller sister I sampled a week ago when it was still fresh, which isn't there anymore to appreciate. :confused: :smoke:

As a sidenote, the flash light and trim didn't give the nug justice exposure and color-wise. Looked more like a deep green emerald covered by rime frost to me, but maybe that's just because intimacy has a slight tendency to distort perception haha. :watchplant:
I'll keep you all updated meanwhile happy christmas eve!!

C

Collembola

hello,

heres how the tikals finished, very pretty!.

i germed 4 seeds

"pink calyx, kushy pheno":

picture.php

"kushyhaze pheno"

picture.php

"guatemala pheno"

picture.php

"black leaf guatemala, kushy pheno"

picture.php

i am very happy to have grown, thankyou dubi !!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey, doing a quick update on the tikals, here's a photo of the bigger sister, I have a hard time getting the shot of the full plant, but below you can see the 5 biggest colas amongst the 15 it has!

It's at 69 days of flowering as of today!

And here you can see a shot of a small nug of a cola from the smaller sister I sampled a week ago when it was still fresh, which isn't there anymore to appreciate. :confused: :smoke:

As a sidenote, the flash light and trim didn't give the nug justice exposure and color-wise. Looked more like a deep green emerald covered by rime frost to me, but maybe that's just because intimacy has a slight tendency to distort perception haha. :watchplant:
I'll keep you all updated meanwhile happy christmas eve!!

Happy start of 2016 ObsidianMirror :)

Your Tikals are producing very nice colas in your setup.
Well done! :)

The more sativa Tikal phenos like yours can go up to 11 weeks of flowering indoors from seed. If you feel they are in the end of flowering then don't feed them anymore. ... just plain quality water in correct PH until harvest time.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hello,

i am very happy to have grown, thankyou dubi !!

I'm glad you are happy :) What a beautiful range of interesting phenos! Very seldom can find the reddish expression in the indica pheno. The dried flower looks yummy :yummy:

Wish you enjoy her, please let us know your opinion of the different phenos after a bit of curing.

Have a great and prosper 2016! :tiphat:

C

Collembola

they have been in jars a few months now i think; they are all very nice!,

the "hazey" one tastes much more citrus peel then the rest, big lime peel type flavour, and is a little more happy / up / clean,

the predominant flavours of the others are fruit, syrup, citrus peel, incence etc, with the pink calyx, black leaf more relaxing, black leaf, really nice fruity flavour.

i like the "guatemala" one best, very syrup / incence and gives mild goofy euporia, if vaping alot in one go, can keep going for it and have alot in one sitting, as the arrival is so gentle, but it does not last for too long (on that plateau), very enjoyable though, if i had the luxuary, i would like to try tikal kief, i bet that, would be amazing.

they all turned out resinous / potent enough (although the pink calyx ones calyx are very small, and i am too lazy to manicure) and i was running 250w, so like you guys say, and i agree; tikal is very high quality marijuana, with very good indoor suitability!

here is pic of "hazey" pheno flowers (only middle);

picture.php

i got 10x tikal regulars, so hopefully can run again one day and find a REALLY potent, fruity syrupy goofy pheno,

very pretty plants and leaf shape / vigour etc too.

MouseE

High ker2noir,

there are 2 main phenos in Tikal original poly hybrid, most of the Tikal plants belong to:

A) Guatemala dominant pheno: This pheno grows with lighter leaf than the other ones, short internode distance, strong branching. She flowers producing very long colas of strawberry aroma and incense in the smoke. Flowering time is around 10-11 weeks.

B) Dutch sativa dominant pheno: This pheno grows with darker and more robust appearance. Less branching than pheno A but thicker stems. Flowers are denser, developing big sativa separated flowers but not long colas. Aroma is denser, not so sweet like pheno A. Flowering time around 11-12 weeks. The first plant you are posting belongs to this pheno B.

C) Long flowering haze dominant pheno: A rare exceptional haze pheno, finishing with purple colours and incense aroma (purple haze influence mixed with purple colours from guatemala sativa). Old school american sativa smoke. Excellent quality. Flowering time 14 weeks. I think your 2nd plant for outdoor growing belongs to this pheno but not completly sure till the end of flowering.

We are going to love your next outdoor updates, always a pleasure ker2noir! dubi

ommmgg I need dat 3rd pheno sounds amazibg. any idea on the percentage of that pheno?

Just popped 3 tikals, and thus the hunt begins

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Collembola for the positive feedback.
Tikal is a great central american sativa, and i'm sure many growers will enjoy her a lot if they would give her a chance.

Hope you are doing well.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ommmgg I need dat 3rd pheno sounds amazibg. any idea on the percentage of that pheno?

Just popped 3 tikals, and thus the hunt begins

Hi MouseE,

That long flowering haze dominant Tikal pheno was released in 2008, only in feminized format, and it has been reproduced and tamed in latest generations.... keeping the same quality, refined aromas and crazy sativa effects, but the newer 'hazy Tikal ' generations have a much shorter size and flowering time.

Now you can find excellent strawberry/incense or peach/incense phenos in the current Tikal standard release that will take around 10-11 weeks to finish.

If you got the Tikal as freebies, then the seeds most probably belong to the more compact sweet strawberry (non hazy) phenos.

Very rarely Tikal takes more than 11 weeks to finish In latest generations, especially outdoors. It's always done here are 37n between the first-third week of October, she has been always grown and bred here outdoors for more than 10 years.

Only the older Tikal F2 generations with more haze/guatemala influence took 12 weeks (or maybe a bit more) to finish, this older pheno has been tamed a bit and it's also available in the Tikal's Breeders Pack.

Hope it helps.

If you got the Tikal as freebies, then the seeds most probably belong to the more compact sweet strawberry (non hazy) phenos.

Could you describe the freebies a little more? Effects, flowering times indoors, etc.

I've been very anxious to pop a few. Something about them has been calling to me...

C

Collembola

best to buy panama maybe >?, although maybe panama has indica etc

Last edited:

Neiko

Greetings all. Has anyone had a Kush phenotype of Tikal? I believe I have one now. It had giant 11 bladed leaves in veg. I flowered her at 24", I was expecting a shorter version, what I got is a 7' tall beast that is 12 weeks into flower and looks to have at least another month to go. My experience with Tikal has been they all take about 16 weeks and could keep going. I usually just end up chopping them at 16 weeks. My favorite Tikal so far has been the haze pheno even though it is of medium potency. Can anyone give me an idea as far as what to expect with the kush pheno?

Neiko

Hey guys here is some pics of my current Tikal. This fat leaves in veg make me think it is the kush pheno, but if someone can confirm for me, that would be much appreciated. The flowering pics are the end of week 12.
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php

picture.php
[/IMG]