What's new

**((Thundurkel's 252w Fluoro Frenzy))**

B

banjobrain

Well I'm a CFL guy all they way so I'd go with CFL's I've seen a guy around here who tossed out his 400w MH for 6 26w Daylight CFL's and got the same results with his moms. I don't use HID so I'm the wrong dude to ask that sorry...

Dang. Seriously?

What would you suggest as a replacement to my plan of running 1 250w HPS or two 150s?

I'm wondering if I could build a "rack of bulbs" that I could raise and lower, just like a HID reflector.

I'd love to hear your suggestions on this.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
That Alaskan goo looks like some good shit, I seen it earlier but close up damn.... U dont know the lineage on her?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
GET MO - It's Alaskan Thunder Fuck x Goo and from your lineage on Goo I would say it's right on point with this . Your ATF looks like it and then the smell of this bitch is incredible!!! You can smell the blueberry in it and then it turns purple from the gods gift in it somewhere all I know is she is a favorite of mine!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well I run 252w of CFL and my buds look just as big as what I've seen under a 250w HPS.. Yea you can make a rack of bulbs for sure, that would work out great! I dunno I just have this gut feeling about my fluorescent's since they put out light that is closer to real sun which I believe helps create more oils and terpines.. Plus HID has a lot of radiation that damages resin heads so in theory I think my pot is more potent and so do many other HID converted to CFL growers... (I'm sure I'll get shit for that comment)

B

banjobrain

Well I run 252w of CFL and my buds look just as big as what I've seen under a 250w HPS.. Yea you can make a rack of bulbs for sure, that would work out great! I dunno I just have this gut feeling about my fluorescent's since they put out light that is closer to real sun which I believe helps create more oils and terpines.. Plus HID has a lot of radiation that damages resin heads so in theory I think my pot is more potent and so do many other HID converted to CFL growers... (I'm sure I'll get shit for that comment)

Hmm. Who cares if you get shit for that comment...

If it works for you and your yields are successful, then as far as I'm concerned, that's the bottom line.

How are your lights set up in your cab? I've seen some where the CFLs "encircle" the plants. Perhaps this isn't the thread for this discussion. I'm new here and don't want to take away from your thread, so if you could point me in the right direction as to where to find out more about CFLs and their set-up I would truly appreciate it!

dbfr3sh

totally agree. getting your lights to produce around 5000*k will benefit your plants as it appears to be sunlight. i also grow with organic only products and mediums. my grow is still in progress but with only 340w of t5s & t8s along a 4ft path is producing some top quality buds. only in two weeks flower and they look like this.....
picture.php

totally love the fluros!

dbfr3sh

its about 2 week into flowering SNOW WHITE feminized by NIRVANA, organic soil, additives, and nutes. its a white widow variety. first time working with her kinda using her as my organic t5 experiment, so far so good.

this is my first indoor project thats why im starting out small and like the idea of t5 spectrum and benefiting from the inverse sqaure rule. but i have completed many outdoor crops so im no stranger to this sorta thing but take all the knowledge to be better.

G

guest 77721

Looking good Thundurkel!!!

I've always vegged for 30 days using the scrog method. This time around, I'm going to flip to 12/12 after the plants look to be about right. I think I can fill my box nicely with the 8 plants that I have sprouted.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nice thanks RedGreenery!! Nice to see you in my thread, I'm excited to see what you pull off this time..

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Dang. Seriously?

What would you suggest as a replacement to my plan of running 1 250w HPS or two 150s?

I'm wondering if I could build a "rack of bulbs" that I could raise and lower, just like a HID reflector.

I'd love to hear your suggestions on this.

I would suggest 220W of 55w PL-L lamps (Dulux-L) I've just posted a link on how to wire them up. You can check it here

These lamps are the ultimate in efficiency for CFLs at the moment. :)

I would suggest 220W of 55w PL-L lamps (Dulux-L) I've just posted a link on how to wire them up.

Are there any grow diaries using the PL-L lamps yet?

Have you considered switching to PL-L Thundurkel? Not that it looks like you need to change anything!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Infectualize used them in the hi pod thread he did with great results for 4100K bulbs he chose...
Yes I have considered switching I just don't have the money yet and you are right I really don't need to change anything at the moment. However I think I will always stick to the 26w GE Daylight CFLs for veg/mom cabs for some reason they are bluer than the 6500k T5's I've seen and I have one too and they are so easy to cool IMO.. I am going to add 3 more sockets to my main flower chamber to put a 23w 5100k in the middle and then 26w 6500k's on the sides for a more sunlight like spectrum in my cab. The reason for this is I have a 27w 5100k in my smaller cab in the middle of 2 Y sockets with 2 23w 2700k bulbs on each side and I'm seeing better crystal production on my SR71 Purple Kush than I have before. I also have my other stealth cab I am still putting together which will be my main flowering cab for my HD SOG which holds 10 rows of 4 so I can let my strains go 10 weeks to get the most out of them on a perpetual cycle. Once I have that going I will be running all kinds of test's and experimenting in the cab's I have now using the smaller side for breeding!!! Oh yea call me Goo Boy! I want to get all the Goo strains there are and cross the shit out of all of them.

dbfr3sh

i dont know about those pl-l but i use t5s and t8s thought the t8s arent reall worth it i need some side-light supplement so i added some. i use (5) 4ft 2700k and (3) 4ft 6500k, every other bulb is bloom. my cab is great on light it has to be somewhere areound 5000k almost sunlight. i too agree this makes better pot-mayb not the total weight but quality. i havent really used cfl before but i might add a couple to my t5 setup on my next run.

FLOUROS WORK GREAT!!
picture.php

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nice bro!
Okay guys and gals I have a problem to bitch about and hope you all try this to see if I'm right. Hope I don't get booted from the site but look.. I wanted info on these outrageous strains from BCSEEDS like this one...
Price: 495.00CND
Product Description
Elephant Bud - 10 pack

ORDER ID: CDELEP

This is the BIGGEST MOST POTENT STRAIN ON EARTH. Elephant Bud has such a huge cola, you see it bending over to one side due to it's massive weight in bud. I've never seen a cola so large since upsate. She is huge right from germination, and so vigerous, you barely have a vegetation stage. Thankfully flowering this giant is FAST, REALLY FAST. If your a commercial grower you'll save money on electricity and your cusomters will be begging for more if you can keep it in stock. ELEPHANT BUD is our best creation, I seriously doubt we will be able to breed such a monster strain again. Elephant Bud raises the bar so high, nothing else will be able to match it for at least another 10 years. The smoke is so powerful and intense, and YOU MUST be careful if your not used to BC Genetics, as she is our most potent THC Strain Ever Created on planet earth. We have limited quantities and IT WILL SELL OUT, so order today and we will put a pack aside for you. Limited of 2 packs maximum order per person.

they have many more like it with similar claims. I found a thread called Ultimate Euphoria which I posted in last night about this as I found I wasn't the only one feeling this way. Well when I went to check responses this morning I can't find the thread ANYWHERE!! So I made my own... Within 20min of being up I went to post in it and see what folks thought cuz views were going up but no replies. When I tried to post I got sent to a page saying I don't have permission to do that probably cuz I'm trying to edit someone elses post bla bla bla THEN! I go back to Strains and find my thread deleted!!!!! WTF IS GOING ON ICMAG???

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Nice bro!
Okay guys and gals I have a problem to bitch about and hope you all try this to see if I'm right. Hope I don't get booted from the site but look.. I wanted info on these outrageous strains from BCSEEDS like this one...
Price: 495.00CND
Product Description
Elephant Bud - 10 pack

ORDER ID: CDELEP

This is the BIGGEST MOST POTENT STRAIN ON EARTH. Elephant Bud has such a huge cola, you see it bending over to one side due to it's massive weight in bud. I've never seen a cola so large since upsate. She is huge right from germination, and so vigerous, you barely have a vegetation stage. Thankfully flowering this giant is FAST, REALLY FAST. If your a commercial grower you'll save money on electricity and your cusomters will be begging for more if you can keep it in stock. ELEPHANT BUD is our best creation, I seriously doubt we will be able to breed such a monster strain again. Elephant Bud raises the bar so high, nothing else will be able to match it for at least another 10 years. The smoke is so powerful and intense, and YOU MUST be careful if your not used to BC Genetics, as she is our most potent THC Strain Ever Created on planet earth. We have limited quantities and IT WILL SELL OUT, so order today and we will put a pack aside for you. Limited of 2 packs maximum order per person.

they have many more like it with similar claims. I found a thread called Ultimate Euphoria which I posted in last night about this as I found I wasn't the only one feeling this way. Well when I went to check responses this morning I can't find the thread ANYWHERE!! So I made my own... Within 20min of being up I went to post in it and see what folks thought cuz views were going up but no replies. When I tried to post I got sent to a page saying I don't have permission to do that probably cuz I'm trying to edit someone elses post bla bla bla THEN! I go back to Strains and find my thread deleted!!!!! WTF IS GOING ON ICMAG???
Pass on it. Marketing hype.

In my experience you don't want a Super Duper Massive like your grandmother raved about THC content. Those 'High's are uncomfortable and really unnecessary. They really suck for medical patients as well since the 'medicinal' content is usually lacking.

You burn a couple of hits and you're totally baked but the symptoms you're using the smoke to relieve are still there. Nothing worse than getting rid of your symptoms and being unable to go anywhere or even think your way out of a paper bag.

As for the thread deletion? Dunno. Sounds definitely fishy to me though.

Is this site going bad now?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Icmag does a little filtering, lots of people dont agree with um but its gonna happen regardless because they are a business and in the business to market their own genetics. Same thing if you try to start a thread on BCBUDdepot, if its some flashy pics or becomes popular then they will erase it, if its talking down on the depot then they will keep it. Just somethin you gotta deal with on IC.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Icmag does a little filtering, lots of people dont agree with um but its gonna happen regardless because they are a business and in the business to market their own genetics. Same thing if you try to start a thread on BCBUDdepot, if its some flashy pics or becomes popular then they will erase it, if its talking down on the depot then they will keep it. Just somethin you gotta deal with on IC.

The only thing helping ICmag in this scenario is the huge mass of users that don't buy into that kind of shitty garbage. They're dedicated to spreading correct information and helping 'others'.

If it wasn't for the users here I'd dump icmag right now, just because of finding out they do stupid crap like this. I know I don't spend an additional second in any other place of business that takes that kind of attitude. They can suck the empty void I just left.

White

most potent THC Strain Ever Created on planet earth.

That made me laugh. has anyone posted about growing this strain? *searches ICMAG*

more laughs:

from GrassRoots:

Edit: Was browsing around their site and noticed this claim about white widow:

Quote:
"Has the highest percentages of THC known to mankind. POWERFUL stuff, this is not for the beginner smoker."

And then here is a claim in the elephant bud description:

Quote:
"YOU MUST be careful if your not used to BC Genetics, as she is our most potent THC Strain Ever Created on planet earth."

Don't forget about Tighty Whitey:

Quote:
"Another original potent strain that is way better than white widow and grows tighter for sea of green (SOG) It already is one of the next best things in the cannabis world"

And This is about Chronic:

Quote:
"Legendary as far as potency goes it’s a 10"

This about Sweet Cactus:

Quote:
"Another original and next best thing in the cannabis world."

Don't forget about Upstate:

Quote:
"This is the next REALLY BIG thing in the cannabis world. Literally a BIG thing...be careful if your not used to BC Genetics, as she is our most potent THC Strain Ever Created! ENJOY"

And of course, Galaxy God Bud:

Quote:
"If you thought Universe God Bud was the biggest most potent high.. you were probably right until today."
***** END

Sign me up, this company has amazing shit. Too bad I can only get 2 packs of this Elephant Bud.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran

That made me laugh. has anyone posted about growing this strain? *searches ICMAG*

more laughs:

from GrassRoots:

Edit: Was browsing around their site and noticed this claim about white widow:

Quote:
"Has the highest percentages of THC known to mankind. POWERFUL stuff, this is not for the beginner smoker."

And then here is a claim in the elephant bud description:

Quote:
"YOU MUST be careful if your not used to BC Genetics, as she is our most potent THC Strain Ever Created on planet earth."

Don't forget about Tighty Whitey:

Quote:
"Another original potent strain that is way better than white widow and grows tighter for sea of green (SOG) It already is one of the next best things in the cannabis world"

And This is about Chronic:

Quote:
"Legendary as far as potency goes it’s a 10"

This about Sweet Cactus:

Quote:
"Another original and next best thing in the cannabis world."

Don't forget about Upstate:

Quote:
"This is the next REALLY BIG thing in the cannabis world. Literally a BIG thing...be careful if your not used to BC Genetics, as she is our most potent THC Strain Ever Created! ENJOY"

And of course, Galaxy God Bud:

Quote:
"If you thought Universe God Bud was the biggest most potent high.. you were probably right until today."
***** END

Sign me up, this company has amazing shit. Too bad I can only get 2 packs of this Elephant Bud.

ROTFLMAO!

Latest posts

Latest posts