What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

**((Thundurkel's 252w Fluoro Frenzy))**

guest3589

Nice, I almost missed the new thread. I can't wait to see how the Nova does, that's what I use and I have no idea how it compares, now I might get some idea.

MWxTF looks sooo dank.
drooling_homer.png

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
NEWS FLASH!!!! The above macro shots are not Master Kush but it's the famous
Mendocino Purple!!!!! I just had a long talk with the guy it came from and I'm also getting Banana Goo and Stinky Pinky!!! Yay for me, he said we should see the Mendocino Purple start to turn colors in week 6 & 7 and from the High Times picture I saw it looks just like it so I'm super happy about this!

guest3589

Nice THundurkle, I have a Stinky Pinky X Maui Wowie cut that is kick ass, be nice to see what is different from our cuts.

InPotiTrust

Thundurkel Nice shots man.I have the mendo in flowering right now too but no buds yet.If u can throw up some full plant shots thanks.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Acutally the Stinky Pinky shit Im getting is that cut!!! haha and yea I will put up some new pics in a little bit..

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so I have more pics and I've included the whole plant shot and I didn't really take any pics in week 2 so sorry bout that just know it's a low yielder like OGK from what I can see..

picture.php

Mendocino Purple week 6 of flower

picture.php

Mendocino Purple week 6 of flower

picture.php

Flora Nova vs Fox Farm week 3

picture.php

Flora Nova vs Fox Farm week 3, so I'm not too happy with this round of Alaskan Goo's cuz I was stupid and flowered them too early so they are only going to be about 11" when the finish but it should be a good solid 7"-8" bud!

Alright so thats what I have for now, I also have a Alaskan Goo in week 6 that I will show you folks in a little bit along with the SR71 Purple Kush bonsai mom that I decided to put into flower the other day cuz it's just not really a strain thats good for my style of growing and the Mendocino Purple vegs way faster! I also like the smell of this more too!:joint::joint:

InPotiTrust

Thans for throwing those up.My mendo is in a 2L bottle cause the first time i tried to flower it,it didn't stretch much and i just needed a break from the bottles for a little bit.Your plants look very healthy,i can tell u can read your plants very well.I find that thru SOG u learn so fast on how to read plants it's not even funny.U need to get some Sativas in there as they really are easy to grow cause they don't need much once they get pass the N hunger and yield so much.

I'm finding that i don't really like working with indie strains in the bottles but i run a few every now and then.Keep up the good work and stay safe.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
We are very alike InPotiTrust as far as strains go I'm not digging Indica's in this style either! I'm a hybrid guy all the way.I just started flowering my SR71 PK cuz it's just WAY too slow in veg and it needs to be vegged till it's 8" to be able to finish where we want and I say FUCK THAT! This Mendocino Purple grows much faster in veg and stretches well and I'm guessing the sweet spot is probably 4-5 inches cuz when I flowered the Maui Wowi x Tooty Fruity that way it stretched similar and then when I made clones they get flowered at 3.5" and finish at 18". As for Sativa's my Alaskan Goo is more sativa from what Subcool said when he looked at my pics on RIU and I also have
Super Silver Haze x Trainwreck that is awesome! I flowered cuts that were just freshly rooted with no veg and they were 2-3" and finished at 15" so I think I'll give them a day or 2 of veg just to get that extra 3" ya know..

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Here we go with some photo's of my favorite strain to grow so far the Alaskan Goo!!! I've decided this is the strain I want to get dialed and see it turn completely purple on me. I've only taken it to 9 weeks but I know she can probably go 10 maybe 11 and let me tell you the smell of this lady... :woohoo:
She has the scent of what I call Blueberry Grape Kool Aid cuz that's the only smell I can match it too and friends agree. I want to cross her with the Mendocino Purple asap but I need to build my breeding cab which will be coming by summer for sure....
Alrighty so how bout some pics right???

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So there's some full plant shots and there's so many crystals the damn thing is white hahahaha

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here we have some macro's, I'm trying to get better with my pics hoping to get a good one soon I mean I like em but I'm hoping to get that special shot ya know?

p.s can we all not agree this is probably one of the best yielding purple strains around at the moment??

InPotiTrust

Sweet shots makes me miss taking shots like those.That Alaskan Goo XMendo purps might be your prized work for a few years.I got my crosses but didn't start working any yet.I need to build a new CAB over the summer too still don't have the money for anything tho.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I know!!! I'm dying to start working on this cross but don't have money for my new cab yet...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so I couldn't wait and being a broke ass I cut the Thunder Goo pictured above a day or so after posting those pics at 6.5 weeks but I still got a nice 5g off her so I was happy! This is the sweetest and tastiest I have got this strain before!!!! I must say after bring the Fox Farm Big Bloom into the mix with Tiger Bloom it really made a difference in taste and smell so I am keeping the FFBB around in my line up of nutes for a while....

I have some more pics to upload for you all in a little bit here so stay tuned....

C

Cozy Amnesia

Looking great Thundurkel! Thats cool that your getting good results with FFBB. Hows the FF comparing to the GH nutes?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
We are very alike InPotiTrust as far as strains go I'm not digging Indica's in this style either! I'm a hybrid guy all the way.I just started flowering my SR71 PK cuz it's just WAY too slow in veg and it needs to be vegged till it's 8" to be able to finish where we want and I say FUCK THAT!

Ya know......

If ya built a cab just for Indies, say with a lower ceiling height? I think you'll find that you really like that. Wouldn't have to be a big cab either, just something that will hold 1 or 2 swapped out, every 2 weeks?

Don't Indies do better under slightly lower wpf than sativas anyway? :)

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well I have 2 flower cabs anyway so I am using my they both have the same height but my lights are mounted different in the smaller one so the lights are lower. In that cab is where I've done my SR71PK cuts, but I like hybrids more than anything personally..
As for the Fox Farm or Flora Nova I can say that my FF side smells sweeter so far but other than that they are neck and neck right now I'll get some pics up soon...

B

banjobrain

Sweet. Totally Sweet. As my first grow progresses, it looks like you'll be someone I reference for information, Thundurkel!

Nice work, and I look forward to reading more!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
thanks banjobrain I appreciate it, I document most of my stuff so others can learn from it like I did from DrBud so grow your asses off people OVERGROW THE GOVERNMENT!! One stealth cab at a time lol!!

B

banjobrain

thanks banjobrain I appreciate it, I document most of my stuff so others can learn from it like I did from DrBud so grow your asses off people OVERGROW THE GOVERNMENT!! One stealth cab at a time lol!!

Thundurkel, I don't mean to change topic or anything, but I didn't want to start a new thread...I figured you would probably have a good answer to this question.

I'm probably going to run two 150w DIY HPS cool tubes in my flower room. I was thinking about keeping fluorescents in my mother room and then saw a cheap ceiling mount 70w MH security light.

http://www.e-conolight.com/Product/EProductDetail.asp?ProductFamilyID=5&FGNumber=E-CC1M071W

• What's your opinion on something like this compared to fluorescents to keep my mothers happy?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well I'm a CFL guy all they way so I'd go with CFL's I've seen a guy around here who tossed out his 400w MH for 6 26w Daylight CFL's and got the same results with his moms. I don't use HID so I'm the wrong dude to ask that sorry...

Latest posts

Latest posts