What's new

**((Thundurkel's 252w Fluoro Frenzy))**

sx646522

Good job, Thundurkel!

I'm using the MT2510s with the top 4" or so cut off. They're 2"x2" and 6" tall as I'm using them.

(the one she's holding in second pic
is the second from right in left pic.)

Nice find Anti. For reference purposes, what is her cup size? ;)

Oh yeah, the plants are swell, too... :biggrin:

Cheers,

-SX

P.S. You're right - cutting her top off would make for a better picture! :)

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
LOL, I like how the bud is unfocused.

I'm so buying those. Thanks man! I got this stuff called MicroKote on the way and I'm going to paint the containers with them. The paint stops root growth so more small roots branch out from the taproot.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Interesting Catman that's pretty much that same concept and idea of Air and Smart Pots air pruning the roots causing more small roots branch out from the tap. Why not just get smallest Air Pots and or some Smart Pots? Is the paint that cheap?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
From here.

Cell-U-Wett said:
MicroKote™ - Improving micronutrient nutrition and root development

MicroKote™ is designed to improve nutrition and root development of plants grown in containers. MicroKote contains calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc bound in a latex coating to provide delayed release of the nutrients when the roots reach the sides of the container. Typically, container-grown plants develop circled and matted roots, a condition known as "root bound". Once transplanted, this can lead to poor root regrowth into the surrounding soil unless the root bound condition is corrected by mechanical root pruning prior to transplanting. Unfortunately, root-pruning causes transplant shock; where up to 80% of the root system can be damaged resulting in slower growth and sometimes death. MicroKote promotes the development of a fibrous root system, which requires little to no mechanical root pruning at transplanting. Other benefits such as improved growth in height, branches, and caliper and flower number due to improved nutrition and fibrous root development can occur. To fully achieve these benefits, the product must be properly applied and used at key stages of nursery production.

A little further down the page it says this:

As a stand-alone product, MicroKote will not always improve plant growth unless used in at least one shifting or transplanting step. When plants grown in MicroKote-treated containers are transplanted to larger containers, or lined out in the field, the improved root structure supports quicker root regeneration, which ultimately supports better growth. This improved root regeneration results from building a more fibrous root system with more intact root tips that have a higher regeneration potential.
This makes me wonder if it is only really a benefit if you're going to transplant to a larger container at some point. I'd be interested to see a side by side comparison, Catman, if you wanted to leave one container unpainted and paint another and put clones from the same plant in identical circumstances....

[edit]The only place I found it so far online wants $68 for 1 gallon of the stuff. Which in my containers would probably last a good long while. But still! Need to see proof of concept first. Catman? :) [/edit]

Last edited:

rastalifestyle

Thundurkel I have been lurking around yours anti's and the Dr.s threads for sometime and i have to say you have this shit to a T. I have done both cfl all the way through and hps/cfl and have come to find alot of the same results cfl owns for quality and density! Hid lights are great but when you can grow for almost no electicity and come out with dank like u have theres no question. I am preparing to do another setup as we speak and am wondering if you might be able to post a cab shot of your cfl cab. I havent been able to find a pic of your cfl cab because they got deleted to make room for your hid grow. Thanks once again for the inspiration and journals.
-RaSta

Green Smoke

Speaking of your cab, tell me again what color temperature you think works best along side a 150 HPS. I'm looking at 1.75 square feet with a 150 and 2 26 watt cfl's just to add some spectrum. I was thinking 5100, what say you?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Speaking of your cab, tell me again what color temperature you think works best along side a 150 HPS. I'm looking at 1.75 square feet with a 150 and 2 26 watt cfl's just to add some spectrum. I was thinking 5100, what say you?

Yea 5100K seems to work nice and it's evenly balanced in blue and red so you'd have a wider spectrum with those IMO...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
There ya go that's all I have of it hope that shows you enough.. I've also changed the lighting gimme a bit and I'll find a pic of it...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CFL Grow 2009 034.jpg
    CFL Grow 2009 034.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 17
  • CFL Grow 2009.jpg
    CFL Grow 2009.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 15
  • CFL Grow 2009 047.jpg
    CFL Grow 2009 047.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 18
  • CFL Grow 2009 048.jpg
    CFL Grow 2009 048.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 13

Soular HITS

wow those ladies look wonderful...

I'm curious if you trim them and if so, how often? I run a high density SOG inspired by the doc and yourself and I'm trying to figure out a rule to live by to make my life easier...

The rule I've been going by is at 20 days flower cut any shoots close to the stem leaving only one bud site. It almost looks like you remove everything but a few nodes at the top? Please let me know how you have had the most success getting single fat 12-14" colas.

Also if you've got time please check out my grow. As I said you greatly inspired me and I have many questions that I believe you specifically could answer because I am running a setup that is similar to what you have worked with in the past (coco, flora nova, High Density SOG). Keep up the awesome work with CFLs!

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=153951

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
wow those ladies look wonderful...

I'm curious if you trim them and if so, how often? I run a high density SOG inspired by the doc and yourself and I'm trying to figure out a rule to live by to make my life easier...

The rule I've been going by is at 20 days flower cut any shoots close to the stem leaving only one bud site. It almost looks like you remove everything but a few nodes at the top? Please let me know how you have had the most success getting single fat 12-14" colas.

I dunno about Thund, but I typically have not had to do much trimming at all. The container size seems to help keep the side branching mostly in check. By the end of flowering, most of my large fan leaves yellow and fall off on their own, leaving nice fat colas and not much else.

the first two are from relatively runty plants. They were only about 2-4" when they went into flowering. Still the biggest had an 8-10" cola. The third picture is of my lovely AK (now revegged and momming) right before harvest. She was 14" or so of BEAUTIFUL, stanky, sticky-icky goodness!

These last four were taken last night right after watering. (Almost everything in both sides of the cab is a clone of that above right AK47.)

B

Bottled Cat

Did you feed with nutes every time you watered in the 16oz cups (or the 20oz bottles)?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Did you feed with nutes every time you watered in the 16oz cups (or the 20oz bottles)?

My plants don't stay in veg very long. I put Espoma powdered nutes in my soil mix and my plants live on that until they hit about 6" tall. Once they are 6" tall, they go into the flowering chamber and they get watered with liquid "bloom" (1/2 tsp per gal.) every other day until they are done. I water with plain water maybe once or twice in a given plant's life. One of those two times is the final watering right before harvest. I have not yet done a test to see if there's a real difference between flushing or not, so I don't flush my plants.

tronkyx

Hi all!!!

Hi all!!!

Hi,

I'm from Mexico, and I like your kind of grow, I have a perpetual chamber just like Dr's did, I've been succsessful in my grow, pulling about 5gr (at beggining, right now I pull about 8gr) dry of each plant, and I pull 4 plants every week.

But here comes the new challenge, I'm waiting for a new 400W HPS, I think it gonna be in my house in about 2 weeks, and I want to replicate this system but with my new lights, so I'm asking for help and advise from you guys, I know this new project is gonna be different, but in essence it could be the same.

So I want to know, what average (sweetspot) size would you flower the clones under this light?
What height would you put the lamp?
And to finish, How many clones would you put in 1sq meter? for maximize yield.

I know, I must start my own thread, but you guys are the experts here :)bow::bow::bow:Dr Bud, Anti, Thundurkel of course :D and so many others:bow::bow::bow:), but if you can help me, I'll be grateful forever.

Regards
Tronkyx

P.S.: I'm only a mexican, I've never been in the states so forgive my 5 year old childish english, I'm doin' my best.