What's new

**((Thundurkel's 252w Fluoro Frenzy))**

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Very Nice thund, drool worthy pics as usual.

Happy Gardening Bro.
Peace.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Sorry to the folks who showed up late for this thread as it is missing a lot of pics now. I had to delete a album to make room for my HID shots cuz they are so pretty right now but don't worry I'm still gonna upload the CFL cab shots in my old gallery and keep the thread going... That's why this page still has pics cuz they are in my old gallery

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I'm gonna put a end to the HID vs CFL debate pretty soon to show that DrBud was right when he said CFLs can't grow tree's but can grow a branch just as well as any HID system. So right now I have a Double Purple Blowfish in week 7 in my CFL cab and then my DPBF that's a few days past 8 weeks in my tent and my single cola girl's top is just as chunky and frosty as my HID gals plus for some reason the calyxes are way more swollen for some reason and I'm gonna say spectrum is the reason behind that or could be that I've been using the Head Formula on it in straight coco so the nutes are damn near perfect.. I'll post some new pics in a bit

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Also I have a buddy that grows HID only and has a few years on me with growing BUT I think I'm doing just as good now. Anyway he says he NEVER has seen resin production on a CFL grown plant like a HID grown one and I can't wait for him to see the side by side pics cuz it's ridiculously resinous on the DPBlowfish from Bodhi Seeds just like the HID grow ones! Still though I agree the yield on HID can't be fucked with UNLESS you have a O veg SOG like DrBud with 54-72 plants going so you can harvest 6-8 a week and with a dialed strain would easily give you 8g a plant cuz that seems to be the usual when I hit my sweet spots. So that's would be 48-64g a week 256g a month 512g for a normal 8week run which breaks down to 18.2oz or 1lb 2oz under 400w of CFLs and that's fucking nice but a lot of work so be warned if trying to go for it. I'm gonna try when I have a bigger cab for personals cuz I think I got the PERFECT spectrum going on in my cab now since my girls are frostier and seem to bring out the colors sooner ect..
For those wondering my lighting in there now is 5 42w 2700K 1 26w 6500K
1 26w 5100K and 1 24w T5 6400K so I've got 286w of fluorescent goodness going on and it's working lovely. I am also going back to the 20oz bottles so I can fit more plants in my cab going from 21 back to 36 or 45 if I want but 32g a week will be fine with me that's lil over a half pound every 8 weeks off 286w!!

durkel i like everything about your grows except your crazy docbud math, i just dont like hype or grower enthusiasm in the future perfect continuous tense ending with tons exclamantion points!!!!!!

u grow with cfls, great, the one pound with a 400watt light is getting to be expected and even acheived with lowrdyer 1 in the auto section. anybody growing for yeild on the cutting edge of technique is running scaled down hid lighting vertical circular stadium style, this is the future of cultivation as far as im concerned and the bench mark methods for crushing gram per watt ratios. but great imaginary future perfect continouous tense grow talk as always, keep it up. plants look great!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hahahah word I'm not all about my CFLs like I was trust me I LOVE my HID system and when I have the money will be getting a SunPulse System since they are the only one's to seem interested in the science of spectrum in the HID world and I believe outdoor yields will be pulled off indoor ect and thanks for stopping by though it's tense haha have a good one buddy!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Alrighty folks thought I'd update this thread since the cab is still going and I'm switching back to the 20oz bottles and dunking method cuz I found a way to do 4 plants at a time. Also cuz I could only fit 7 rows of 3 with the cups and I can now go back to 9 rows of 4 or 5 if I want but I'm doing rows of 4 and I have some pics to share!

picture.php

Thunder Goo 5.5 weeks

picture.php

first two rows are Thunder Goo 5.5weeks and the back row is Double Purple Blowfish 4.5 weeks

picture.php

Double Purple Blowfish 4.5 weeks

http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=13915&pictureid=280643

picture.php

picture.php

Thunder Goo 5.5 weeks

picture.php

6 Double Purple Blowfish and 6 Thunder Goo

I'd say things look great with the Head/ Rez Refupe haha :smokeit:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks I keep getting better every grow! my strains need to be flipped from 4-6" 5.5" seems to be the winner around here in the cups but it was 4 in the 20oz bottles so we'll see if it's like that with other strains..

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Looking spectacular, homie!

I just planted another 15 rooted clones this evening. So many variables to tweak until I get the hang of this stuff.

Kudos, brother.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by Anti glad your still doing your thing... and thanks greenthumb I'm not stopping anytime soon that's for sure!

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Hiya Thundurkel,

I was wondering if you noticed the plants stretched less in the 16oz cups flowered about the same height in the taller bottles? Mine turned out about 1/3 shorter than I had wanted them to be in the 16oz cups.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea Cat I have noticed that and it was part of the reason I'm switching back to the 20oz bottles...

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Yea Cat I have noticed that and it was part of the reason I'm switching back to the 20oz bottles...

Someone recommended these things called mini-treepots on my thread and I ended up getting them. They're about 29oz as they come but I've cut them down to the 17-18oz range and they're awesome! I can fit THIRTY SIX in a 16"x16" square. And they're about .30 cents each.

I'm going to experiment with using some of them 'full size' and see what the yield difference is.

Oh yeah, best part? Square, bottom, long thin instead of short and squat.

minitray6.jpg

The Tray 6 is 16.5" x16.5" outside and 16"x16" inside.
The MT38s are 3"x3"x8"
The MT2510s are 2.5"x2.5"x10" (29oz)

I'm using the MT2510s with the top 4" or so cut off. They're 2"x2" and 6" tall as I'm using them. (17-18oz)

(the one she's holding in second pic
is the second from right in left pic.)

My latest round are already 2-3" taller than these got in the same pots with more than a month to go. (The ones in the picture were from clones taken from plants 9.5 weeks into flowering (!!!) and then vegged to a height of 3-5".)