What's new

This Years Grow

LazLo

silverback

Want to add to the attaboys. My crop this year should be the best in years in part due to better genetics and in part due to your threads. Picked up some Greencure :respect: last month, already use Espoma (urea) and will begin using the MG Bloom Buster :respect: beginning this week.

I lost all but 4 of my AI in late May frost here. The survivors barely grew over 2' until last week. Their color is good and plants are not getting stressed by bugs yet. I'm embarressed to show them but can't wait to try them.
Here are 2 of the survivors on 7/27.

I'm at 41N and can expect them to start flowering SOON. And with much :respect: for your post, I can expect a harvest about 55 days from then.

Looking forward to your harvest numbers on the HG. Plan on trying it next year with much :respect: for your strain reports. With the few sites I can use, the feminized seeds would be my first choice. Are they worth the investment, i e, do they have a tendency to hermie? Lost 3 of 8 NLX? cloned plants last year that way. Shame on me for griping since the clones were free.

greenghost2112

Thanks for the heads up on the Red Eyed Bride. :respect: It should do fine here too as I appear to be in the "rocking chair" between you and silverback. Your description of it makes it a got to try strain.

Good luck to everyone this season.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.

G

Hi LazLo

Your Ai's are fine and they'll add another 30% over the next 60 days. Because if the Northern Lights influence in bud size and succeptabliltiy to mould, AI is one you need the GC for. Spray it once about 2-3 weeks into flower and then a again about 5 weeks. Both of yours appear to be the NL pheno which is a good thing in my view because it's the 7 week finisher. The other shorter headbud pheno takes another week or so and yields less.
At 41, it should be flowering within a week or so. I have 2 females and 2 males and the males are in full bloom as well. I think im going to catch and store some of the pollen. One of the males has been very vigorous and would make a good daddy.

By the way , flowers first appear on AI about 3 branches down from the tip for me and thats been the case each time ive grown it. .

I really like femmed seeds Lazlo. I havent seen the first male flower and in fact I usually find a few seeds here and there when I grow a standard strain because cannabis just produces a male flower here and there, and it doesnt seem to matter the strain or the breeder. I don't know it until Im rolling it up and then i find them and know there had to be a male flower somewhere. But with the femmed seeds, i don't find any seeds ever. Im careful with their lighting though. I start them for 3 weeks under 14.5 and then out the door they go under natural lighting even if I have to bring them in at night, and thats continued until harvest. Once its warm enough, any left to be started get started under the sun and are kept stable from then on. I think keeping the lighting stabel is the key to not having any problems.

G

Just posting some pics/

Sadhu, 31 days into flower. Smells sweet

Cream caramel buds in the morning sun

Texada Timewarp / Peak seeds

and last but certainly not least, Congolese X Guerilla Gold
The Congolese looks dominant in this strain. It started flowering around the 24th of july. Calx/leaf ratio is clearly going to be high. The leaves are razor thin and I can't wait to see this plant fully flowered. Its stretching considerably as it flowers.

wdcf

I have been thinking about growing Greehouses himalayan gold(femmed) for my next outdoor grow, but I am limited to choosing only earlier strains because where I live in mid october there starts to be A LOT of rain and the descrip for the HG says it will be done by the end of september.........Do you think that is an accurate statement? or that it will be done in the first week of october?

Thanks

B

Brad

regulate said:
why are them flowering so much? :nono:
the congolese x gg looks classy! :smoker:
because thats what i bred them to do, a early flowering mostly sativa strain

G

Get MO, Im bettin good money that Congolese is, Yes, from the congo in Africa.

And an impressive strain it's turning out to be Brad2. I cant wait to see her in full bloom.
regulate, she gets classier by the day! Its gonna have cattails all over it.

Wdcf, I think HG will be finished by then. All 4 of mine are more than a week into flower and its an 8-9 week strain. From their flower date, 9 weeks will end the 3rd of October. Thats my projected harvest date on them. A final review of the buds will dictate chop date, but it looks good right now. The Aurora Indica was showing flowers on July 25th and its a 49-56 day strain. Late sept harvest.. You might give it a try as it is a very potent plant if you like afghani's.

Last edited:
G

The chronology of dates that first flowers were observed for my strains:

1st Congolese X Guerilla Gold/ BreederBrad2 - July 24th
2nd Aurora Indica/ Nirvana July 27th
3rd Himalayan Gold/ Ghs - July 29th
4th Maple Leaf Indica/ Sensi - August 1
4th Texada Timewarp/ Peak - August 1
4th Dr.Atomic BB X Nl - August 1
5th Mandala #1/ Mandala - August 4th
6th. Ice/ Female seeds - August 4th

Still no flowers showing as of 8/4

Sensi Star/ Paradise
Sadhu/ Mandala
Lemon Skunk/ Ghs
White Widow/ DP

Last edited:

supersonic

You're lucky guy sb. Still no flowers here, except Maroc which is in 4th week. I also expect some male or two in a week. Anyway flowering is just somewhere around the corner. Can't wait.

How are your Mandala #1 doing? Still sensitive to heat? Does they have strong smell?

wish you all the best.

ss

daggaboy1

Hi silverback. Thanks for the update. I'm really interested in seeing how the Congolese X works out. Keep on keeping on.

G

Im pretty close to 38 degrees N. wdcf

Hi daggaboy

Hey ss. I feel lucky sometimes, other times, not so much. The M1's have improved. Ive come to believe that it wasn't the heat as much as it was water deprevation that made them wilt. No other strain I.m growing wilted but it was dry then and now that we're getting some rain, no problems. Its just one of those plants that doesn't respond well at all to dry weather. The Mikado I grew last year was that way.

Last edited:
hey silverback, just wanted to stop and say that your grow looks great! The Himilayans are HUGE! You wont be disapointed by his strain, i grew 5 plants last year and they werent even as big as yours when they started to flower, probally only around 6 feet and I still got over 6 pounds from the 5 plants. Very nice high as well, kind of a mix of body and head high. good stuff. I had a question for you about your cream caramel and sadhu. Do they flower auto starting the first week of july, or did you force them? what is your expected harvest date for these? they look GREAT!! PLEASE post some more pics of your grow.

C

clydefrog

hey SB, just checkin' in. any updates?? bet the girls are getting HUGE!!

hope the dry weather hasnt broke your back lately. maybe some relief next week :badday:

stay safe

clydefrog

luciano28

Been hauling water Silverback? Im up the Ohio a couple hundred miles from you but we haven't had any kind of significant rainfall in over a month. My running water source is dried up now and I got to bring it in. I only got 2 females and my back hurts, hope you are doing good man.

steve green

Hey Silverback hope everything is runnin' smooth for you..
hows that maple leaf doing?
those pics of the sadu flowering are nice-
i can almost smell them :rasta:
you will get rewarded for your hard work boss..im sure of it :)
Stay safe

Latest posts

Latest posts