What's new

This new website is terrible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyesdownchronic

so are the "MY IC" and personal homepage functions gone?
Also, the main page is nowhere near as user friendly. Used to have categories on the left with threads on the right, and it looks like they just deleted the thread column on the right to supersize the left hand side. No more "New Post" bulletin on the upper left.
It's also significantly harder to find threads in the upgraded "my post" section or whatever. been trying to search for the star crash all and everything thread and it took me minutes to sift through and find what used to take my all of 5 seconds. and it says "403 forbidden"

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Fitzera your and my problem of the pics i guess is because in the old version there was no caps, and in this one there is, and in my case i surpassed it by 53mb, if they dont take the limitations then your only option is like mine, with a site for hosting pics.

Regarding the site itself i prefer the old one mainly because i think it was easier, but then again is a question of time for everyone get with it.
also i miss one thing, there was a thing in the old version that the background was a vibrant green with a bunch of links for help and such, it was not a thread and it don t longer exist, i know cause i had it in my browsers tab.

please tweak some things

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Where are threads I follow, which only view I use. Why all the wasted space on sides instead of magnifying so I can read it?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Absolutely hate it!!! I am going to get a few peoples emails, and leave. Have to squint to read anything.

acespicoli

hope for the best the upgrades with some hacks and mods from a php coder would do some good, main thing im struggling with is the search feature it finds nothing an may need to be indexed, albums have a nice scroll toy effect now so I have hope for the upgrades. Posting should be a simpler process now

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
It appears that the new version doesn't like Firefox... pop up windows have the Corona?????

It's like driving a Lada. I never owned one but heard a lot about that clunker.

Red October

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_065415.jpg
    IMG_20210305_065415.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 31

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Well, I tried to upload a pic, just to see if I could, and got the same error others have reported - limit exceeded.

For me, prior to the server migration that took place in early June of 2020, I experienced terrible lag time/lockup and often had to try multiple times to get pics to upload. It could be very frustrating. Since that server migration though I haven't had a complaint one - save the Speaker's Corner's existence - instead finding the site extremely responsive and never an issue uploading pics, and quickly.

Also always liked the idea of rep being anonymous.

Looking forward to the ironing out.

indagroove

Veteran
Wow, already two errors just from viewing this first thread, but the new update is so glitchy I can only post one of the images..

Screenshot (76).png

Fitzera

Yeah I thought I figured out how to get pictures up with a url but then I'm met with this

Error while saving content: %1$s

error_information_x-1

What in the fuck 🤦‍♂️

I'm also getting frozen often when the "working" message comes up. And a ton of 502 errors/log outs.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- sorry for any inconveniences everyone - we will try and resolve any issues with the new software in the coming days - and try to make the ICMAG experience more user friendly for us all - as we customize the site some more - and solve problems - please bear with us - and once its all done - we can look forward to a better overall experience - oh - and thanks for the feedback - although its not so positive currently - at least it gets us looking and changing certain quirks and features on this new site - that might need attention - and so ultimately improve things -

smilley

Veteran
Hi Gypsy. I'm an old guy and been here for about 10 years. It doesn't feel like the old "Mag". The site used to be inviting and easy to use, now, not so much. It seems industrial. I know that you probably wanted to bring it into the present but I liked the old familiarity it used to have. Now it feels like an automotive forum. Probably needs some tweaking? I'd like to see a more familiar home page and easy access to "New Posts". I believe it needed some re-jiggering but maybe at a slower pace. I'll give it some time and see where it goes. Good luck, and best to you and your family....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts