What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

There is only one true ECSD.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These pics are from back in 07 when i had her . she would go 80 day minimum but 88 was damn near perfect for her . sadly i lost her to a mite infestation that didn't get caught soon enough . I've been trying to find it here again with no luck so far .

my pics sucked then too :)

furrywall11

? Well, that definitely wasn't conclusive. I'm no expert but, the first year I was in norcal me and a buddy did a full outdoor grow that was all sour D vegged from february and I became something of a fan. Our cut came from "a very good source" and then when I was visiting friends in Santa Cruz they gave me what they called "the family cut" which was supposed to be the dankest of them all and boasted a 65 day flower time and was high yielder. As far as I can tell the cut I grew in Norcal, the cut I got from Santa Cruz, and everything I've seen here all the same thing...The flowers look a little different probably due to conditions. I've run across some really low quality flowers that ppl called NYCD (I'm assuming Soma)...but, that could've been the conditions too. Some of my rasta neighbors are growing NYCD from seed this year and so far it looks awesome..... How good was the "original REAL DEAL" sour d and how much was of that is nostalgia? Grow out some of what's around and maybe you'll find something better :)

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
thats where shit gets confusing... we dont need names tagged onto the cut, unless someone popped a seed and found something themselves. cus when we start to delineate "chaco cut" and "fuckem cut" ppl are going to think its two different cuts...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
thats where shit gets confusing... we dont need names tagged onto the cut, unless someone popped a seed and found something themselves. cus when we start to delineate "chaco cut" and "fuckem cut" ppl are going to think its two different cuts...

I agree, not my decisions to make... just trying to clear up some misconceptions... the names have already been attached though so we just have to figure out which ones have just been renamed and which are seed finds... I am led to believe that both "Chaco" and "fuckem cut" are BOTH the real deal... more than likely the same cut... but I am going to back out of this one before I get trolled on...
Let the real experts sort this one out... I'll be taking notes on the sideline... waiting for when I get a chance at the infamous ECSD.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Sooo hard to believe but there is a whole world out there that does not revolve around the internet or any of the internets B.S.

Believe it or not there is legit cuts that float around without silly names attached to them that have no connection to the internet.

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
I agree, not my decisions to make... just trying to clear up some misconceptions... the names have already been attached though so we just have to figure out which ones have just been renamed and which are seed finds...

All it's doing is starting new misconceptions.

Either you have the real deal or you don't. Both chaco and the fuckem guys have the real deal. :2cents:

guy fawkes

Veteran
i hear about this genetic drift thingy depeneding on the conditions the plant has been kept in, ive given mates cuts and gone back 3 years later and they look nothing like they did when i gave them them,they in a good grow set ran by good grower , just a different set up and location to mine , temp, humidity ect,
maybe there all the same diesels just had different qualities life and effected growth pattern over the years,
the cut i gave mate smoke just like the original so even though it looks different it smoke the same.

im just thinking out loud, i know fuck all about diesels btw lol

guy fawkes

Veteran
Sooo hard to believe but there is a whole world out there that does not revolve around the internet or any of the internets B.S.

Believe it or not there is legit cuts that float around without silly names attached to them that have no connection to the internet.

a lot of folk see forums as places to brag about how they have the only real deal clone thats worth $xxxxx and not allowed to give it out,

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
a lot of folk see forums as places to brag about how they have the only real deal clone thats worth $xxxxx and not allowed to give it out,

Yeah, I think it is easy to forget there is so much going on in the weed world outside of the internet.

I have a nice collection of elite clones, a couple of them are quite rare. And none of them came from people on the interwebs.

There is 18 medical states, so a lot of clones move person to person, through family, friends or dispensaries.

Swampdankv2

Veteran
Swamp, you are saying you don't run the "FUCKEM" cut? not neccessarily that there is a cut or it is different from the real deal ECSD but just like Chaco said, it is called Chaco cut because HE passes it around so his name is put on it to those who know... Same goes for FUCKEM crew I feel like... If they pass it out, it is now FUCKEM cut... but does that mean it isn't the real deal to you? I am just confused because based on your signature, you are cool with FUCKEM. But there seems to be a lot of back and forth about them in the first page.

So basically did you source your cut from a FUCKEM member?

To my knowledge, there isn't a certain cut that FUCKEM has attached any labels on. Some of the FAM members are doing great things in their gardens, making crosses and generally shining. You must remember that we are individuals. We grow our gardens independently from one another. If a certain variety becomes the next big thing, it is a result of that particular growers work and not as the product of our social group. We give each other props just as we do other growers in other part of the world. I cannot speak for everybody in the FAM, but I am confident that most share my sentiment.

SD

Swampdankv2

Veteran

I completely believe you. There are very good varieties out there that certain people hold. I think that is the beautiful thing about this plant. If you want to share your finds, you can. If you don't, you don't have to. There have been many closely held cuts that provided legendary herb on the streets for people to enjoy. I think it's cool. Every area of the world has its ganja.

In the past few years, the scene has blown up like crazy. There might be a thousand different strains out there. Some may be more potent are whatnot, but people always gravitate to old favorites in time. ECSD set the bar very high when she started making her way around gardens. She, if for no other reason, is a special plant for that. The flavor is just insanely good.

SD

L

Lee Van Kief

I heard that the first red delicious was found in an apple that a guy bought from a grateful dead concert...

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
There is only one true apple; the red delicious. All other apples are pretenders.

Apples are not the best example to use. Commercially produced apples are a monoculture and apples that are sold under a specific name are indeed the same apple. They have the same DNA and are cuttings that have been grafted on root stock.

Latest posts

Latest posts