What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE WoW THREAD.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
would you explain on germinating season alongside full moons? i would like to know more about this. does it have to do with the tidal phases?

anyways, 100,000 ft explanation appreciated

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Merlot. Good to see you in here.
I've been lurking in your thread lately too. I'm diggin the new bud shots you put up.
I'm all out of the DSD99...but I still have the mom, and at least 1 more pack of Mosca's C99 that will get popped one day... I'll admit tho, the few that I ran didn't come out anywhere near as chunky as Shaun and Mel's pheno..but they were throwing a helluva lot more light at em than I was. Some really nice flavors in there tho.

This DSD mom will definitely be used in some breeding projects in the near future.

What all are you soaking?

I was having a helluva time makin a decision. Too much to choose from. I think I'm gonna go with the Bluetooth's tho.
Carolina Blue x Chem Ibl sounds like something special could be in there. Good luck with those!

Holy cow! I'm all organic water only, but I've only been considering vert and using blumats. Glad I stumbled across this, looks great, and thanks for sharing Marlo.

welcome KSP. You have a thread? I'd like to check out your water only grow. I'm completely new to this no nutes stuff

:tiphat:

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
would you explain on germinating season alongside full moons? i would like to know more about this. does it have to do with the tidal phases?

anyways, 100,000 ft explanation appreciated

I started doing it after reading it in Lola's thread a while back.
1st time I tried it, I got 100% germ. I've popped em on the new moon ever since. My germ rates have never been better.
Could be coincidence....but I'm stickin to it.

It has something to do with gravity and tidal phases. I just like it cuz it works and keeps me from popping beans every week.

M

merlot

Hey Merlot. Good to see you in here.
I've been lurking in your thread lately too. I'm diggin the new bud shots you put up.
I'm all out of the DSD99...but I still have the mom, and at least 1 more pack of Mosca's C99 that will get popped one day... I'll admit tho, the few that I ran didn't come out anywhere near as chunky as Shaun and Mel's pheno..but they were throwing a helluva lot more light at em than I was. Some really nice flavors in there tho.

This DSD mom will definitely be used in some breeding projects in the near future.

Thanks bro, was a hot summer.. this winter should be way more fun :)

Yeah those shots of the DSD99 from Shaun & Mel looks chunky as hell!
Had to quote it so I could look again, beautiful buds!
picture.php

And man that Plush pic from Gsizzle was looking mighty good, especially for only day 44! I guess my last round went a long time so seeing those fast buds is awesome! I mean DSD x Sour Bubble.. good choice man!

Have any future breeding projects in mind? :ying:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
:smoker:

i'll just wait by the door in case you need something.

nicely tricked out closet.

pffft phisssh cough...sorry, did i get any on ya?

K

KSP

Marlo, no thread but I've got some panama just starting flower, I'll post some shots elsewhere as they come along. Nothing special about my mix either, basically espoma flowertone in recycled soil mix; would like to add to it as I learn more. I use it outdoors too - I have to topdress though, not sure can call that water only.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been thinking this for many days and have not made a post on it...a few things I will make mention of: In reference to comments of curiosity of how this type of grow works on larger containers / plants.

The importance of letting the mix cook is stability and more even distribution of the various ingredients....same is true of any organic mix. I notice when flowering in SOG in 1/2g pots that some clones are yellowing faster than their siblings and so forth. There are some however that are greener than their siblings and generally healthier. (I didn't let it cook this last round either...lol...but such is time) So when using these smaller pots, you have to keep in mind, there will all ways be, regardless of time spent cooking, SOME variance in the distribution of the nutrients through out the medium. In larger pots, you have ALL the nutrients contained in one single container, or rather a less degree of separation of all the different variables by using say 8 - 3.5g pots vs. 30 1g pots.

More simply stated, the bigger the pot, the better the medium and all its various complexities can co-exist and function in harmony...bigger pots will work BETTER and be easier to maintain than smaller pots with these sorts of water only organic gardens.

There are certainly ways around this...such as mix a very precise mix for each and every container to ensure it is 100% accurate...or as the old saying goes, when you thing you have everything blended and turned evenly, give it another 15 minutes of work just to be certain...can't really OVER mix it...During the "cooking" process of any organic mix you want to be sure to just turn it lightly, but thoroughly.

Personally, I like to keep a constant supply of soil cooking. I mean, it is going to only improve and get better as it sits. I just make MUCH more than I know I'll need. This can mean it sits sometimes 3 months while a cycle finishes....if I know the next cycle is coming and I'll need more soil, well, I don't feel so bad not mixing in a couple batches that haven't cooked at all, knowing it is being blending with some super properly composted to begin with. Of course, making sure there is plenty extra at the end of everything to let sit around and age for the next round. You get into a routine. Not to mention it is super nice to have that pile of full amended medium around to plant other things at whimsy as well...

Looking forward to the update Marlo! But the main point of this particular post was bigger pot = better. ;)

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was having a helluva time makin a decision. Too much to choose from. I think I'm gonna go with the Bluetooth's tho.
Carolina Blue x Chem Ibl sounds like something special could be in there. Good luck with those!

I blame Slackx'er... :hide:

I was gonna pop those Bluetooth but I've got Grom Bx1 to play with from that gentleman first...

Come MOOOOOON!

dank.Frank

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was gonna pop those Bluetooth but I've got Grom Bx1 to play with from that gentleman first...

Ooooh. Grom Bx1 sounds niiiiiice.

:chin:

Its funny you should mention the whole soil cooking thing Frank. I mentioned a few days ago that the plants hadn't "taken off" like I expected. That was after 10 days in the mix. In the next few days,
I started seeing some very explosive growth...and roots bursting out the bottom of the pots. They look very, very happy right now.
I'll get some pics up b4 the lights go out.

For the next run I'll definitely have the soil mixed earlier. Its not possible to have it mixed too early? Can it be overcooked?
Another thing I was wondering, Frank.... do you keep your soil constantly moist, or do you allow it to dry out some between waterings?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would say, it is one of the more important aspects of organics. (proper prep) There is a ton to it, but to keep it simple the micro life have time to feed and flourish and begin break down of nutrients for availability, pH has time to adjust as minerals and such find balance in the medium and the proper ionic bonds are formed ensuring that the nutrients and minerals are actually held in place in the medium structure...

So yes, it is highly beneficial to let things "cook". You can tell when things begin breaking down as heat and moisture will be produced as a result of everything kicking into action. You can speed the process up even more by heating the pile of amended medium...black 6ml and a HPS do wonders for expediting the process in a pinch. ;) As far as cooking to long...I don't know. There is NOTHING actively feeding on the nutrient in the soil so there is nothing to truly remove them...they are just becoming more available and the medium is essentially becoming richer. You'll learn that some things like Greensand truly only reach fully availability at 6 months...however, there is more than one reason to use it. But I'd not say, as long as you are not allowing for rot/decay aka growth of anaerobic bacteria, then let it sit as long as you like. Really want to be amazed, start looking at some of these no till soil beds folks run...that is true living organic system...much like an indoor forest floor. Very amazing stuff can be done with dirt and gardening and especially this plant of ours!

Keep 'em green Marlo. Don't hesitate to ask away. I'll do my best to answer what I can in as simple a way I know how...

As far as watering, I prefer to water with as little to no run off / leeching as possible. I also think it kind of beneficial to water daily as the fresh water, ie oxygen it possess is the life blood of the herd in a sense and without the oxygen and moisture, they die, leaving a very limited existence for the plant. Daily fresh injections of life I like to think of it. But at the same time that isn't always practical for the way a plant drinks. So one day I may find the plant is a bit dry, but still feels bottom heavy. I'll still water that plant that day, but only to sort of wet the soil...kind of much in the same manner a fresh dew would do to surface soils every morning outdoors. Then the following day the plant will be ready for a full/normal watering again...so goes the dance. Like all things, there is a sweet point between too wet and too dry...a goldie locks kind of scenario. You know your medium, try and keep it juuuuust riiiight. ;)

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh yeah, the Grom Bx...let me see. Grom clone x Retardo's Grom x GK male. Phillthy made and approved. Suppose they'll be at the bay soon enough or who knows. I know he has 5 sprouted already as well so I suppose we'll be seeing those soon enough...hehehe!

dank.Frank

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Other than the 1st week, where I was allowing the soil to dry (to encourage root growth) I've pretty much been doin it the way you described. I've been giving em water every 2 days, and giving a drink to any pot that looks dry on the off days. Barely any runoff. I'll hopefully have the blumats hooked up in a couple days.

That Grom Bx1 is officially on my watch list... Does Grom actually smell or taste grapey?

:)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had some things that certainly have a more profound grape profile, but to some extent, yes it has some sweet/grape tones...ask Phillthy or Retardo or Zoolandder (if he was ever around) Those guys know her better than me. She has a really good quality high and grows very well...but also...SOOOO frosty.

dank.Frank

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That Grom Bx1 is officially on my watch list... Does Grom actually smell or taste grapey?

:)

With the Grape Krush in there should get some sweet candy grape smells. Grom dominate pheno's should or might give you over ripe grapefruit smells. Nice and frosty plants for sure.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Damn don't know how I missed this one bro :good:
Good Luck with it all and I'm all tagged up for the rest of your cranking show ;)
:smoke out:

GOT DANK

Veteran
heres ur cross homie. can't wait til i smoke it. chopped at 70 days. first 2 pics are Galadriel pheno 3rd is sour bubble pheno. danks for da dank beans:wave: