What's new

The Warden is pulling the plug.....

Murphy

Sorry, It's a 6" ruler

As far as air bubbles, this cloner ran 25/25 last time, same process but it's good you put it out there, we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
clowntown said:
I don't know where all this embolism stuff comes from, to be honest. I personally and truly believe that it's an yet another old misconception that's been passed down through generations of growers,
You may be right, while my reading may have been the best information of the day, the book is ©1977.

Still, while the plant is whole, the tube is full of liquid. Blowing it full of air just doesn't seem like the thing to do. We'll find out in a couple of weeks.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
^^^^ Actually the "tube" is not filled with liquid. Spend a little more time dissecting a plant or two and learn the physiology of the plant. I dont mean any disrespect. I agree with Clowntown 100% and have had the same experiences with cloning and concur.

Murphy

I cut the stalk open that I had trimmed off of the bottom of the clone, the inside of the stem is covered with, as what I can best describe as "white hairs". I doubt blowing thru it will cause problems but, I just wanted to see if really stayed hollow.

Murphy

Tonight's venture. I use to use distilled water when I was just running the cabinet, now with the larger system, that's not an option. I priced out R/O systems and they run $160 and up, to much to put out when I could have the plug pulled anytime but I did come up with an idea from looking at them. My tap water runs anywhere between 130 and 180 ppm's, of course I want to get as close to 0 as possible. I'm not much of a plumber at all but this is what I did......

Wait a minute....what's that T for? I have a valve attached to the output of the last filter and on the end of each line.

I forgot clamps to secure all of the tubing, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

On the backside of the flower room is the cabinet room

On to the meter, Left Side, Filtered Water Right Side, Tap Water......WTF? :cuss:

Well, atleast I don't have to hump jugs of water anymore. Quick Connects Kick Ass!!! The connectors and tubing are very easy to work with.

Murphy

How about a few dried shots of the chopped plants from seed, had a "Cherry" ! Smells very fruity, I've been burning thru it like it was my job, weight is way off. and then there is was in the stash jar....I forgot to include it on the scale, numer would still be off. .54 oz

And the other, almost untouched.....almost. :joint: 1.03 oz

Then I saw this when I was putting them in jars......how the fu..?

Everything is in the seperate jars now for the cure. I have no idea how there are any seeds, these are the first I've seen....and these are the last 2 plants.

Last edited:

Wonderon

Nice AK, if you got that "cherry" smell then I hope you took a clone or two. Thats the sought after pheno everyone talks about. I hope you got some nice quality as it looks chunky.

D

Don Cotyle

Props on getting a "cherry" pheno Murphy, MMMmmmmmmm they look great!!! Excellent job on hooking up a water filtration unit, isn't it nice not haveing to hump...hump...hump jugs!!! I wish I knew you were looking for an RO system I would of told you to check out E-Bay for em, I picked up mine there for $85 and it was a $250 system! Next time your hunting up something shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can find it for ya at a discounted price! Rep headed your way...Don!

Oh yea my Burmese Dream Bonsai finally finished, I trimed it while still rooted to show the plant structure. I got 2 1/2 oz after the cure!

Last edited:

paulobaca

That is awesome that you guys compromised and came to a solution.

My wife doesn't smoke but understands my cultivation hobby. We compromised that I can not make significant MJ purchases if I am to cultivate. I was happy with that and looks like you're doin pretty well also.

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Sounds like she's a keeper. Once you start growing, you won't want any weak ass street shit anyway.

Murphy

THunk Chop at 160 Days

THunk Chop at 160 Days

I finally decided tonight was the night to take her down.....holy sh!t, I had no idea it was going to take as long as it did, and I'm not done yet.

Some color

The ugly side!

What was finished tonight.

...and what is still left to go....I'm not sure when I'm going to get to it, to be honest, trimming and picking thru it is no fun, no matter how many bong hits I do.

Murphy

I was granted some time today so I finished up chopping the THunk. It really turned some nice colors!
....what a great start for a Grafting project. To bad, I'm out of "stealth" lighted places to stash plants.

And some Lights Out shots of the flower room

Here's a top shot of the Mandala Safari mix in the back. That's 2 plants that were cloned topped. I had to cut about 8-10 inches off of the tops of them last week, they were that far above the light.

D

Don Cotyle

Damn Murphy you got it going on!!! Your gonna be doing all kinds of trimming up before it's all over, If you don't enjoy that part of growing I'll be glad to come on over and help ya with the trim job!!! Hell I'll even help ya with those bong hits...LOL

PROPS Bro, you got one hell of a garden going, I see you subscribe to the theory that "Variety is the spice of life"!!!

Murphy

Don Cotyle said:
PROPS Bro, you got one hell of a garden going, I see you subscribe to the theory that "Variety is the spice of life"!!!

I don't know how some of those guys grow just one strain? I understand the commercial growers but I doubt I ever have just one strain going. I has a list of seeds and breeders that I wish I could grow through, it would always be something new. I really want to get to use Multi Flow Buckets in a shed.......trees brother, I want to grow trees! :jump: :jump: :jump: :muahaha:

Freezerboy: Thanks for the compliment. I know there were a few of us that all had THunk going. It really was a very good experience for me to learn from. :jump: Can't wait to see the final weight of those 2 buds, by far doesn't show the full weight but it's a huge yielder!

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

so many strains so little time...ya need to do some scouting in the off season and find ya a place to put 10 plants 75-100 yards apart...they may get a few(deer,bugs,hikers) but they won't get em all!!! Then you'll have some trees!!!!!!!!!!Thinking BIG...I like it BRO!!!

G

Man! When you said 160 day Thunk, I was hoping you meant from seed. :yoinks: You got patience my friend. Very nice plants all around. :yes:

Murphy

Even_Steven said:
Man! When you said 160 day Thunk, I was hoping you meant from seed. :yoinks: You got patience my friend. Very nice plants all around. :yes:

LOL, what you see is only about 1/2 of what was there. The other half were used as "testers"......for the past month and a half. I like to do a lot of testing LOL :joint:

B

Bigtimer7

LOL!!

So funny... Lots of testing LOL!!

Good job should be some good shiz... Final weight yet?

Good job and props +++

Murphy

I tried to get a couple of lights out update pics.....I got 2 before the battery died. each side of the rack minus the Mandala plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts